The "Powered by Hot Pockets" Complaint Thread

McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003
edited December 2019 in The Commons

This discussion was created from comments split from: My phone will not charge complaint thread.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003
    Mystarra said:

dont need those battery poclet warmers, just stick a hot pocket in the pocket

is that a hot pocket in your pocket, or is it happy?

whiff of synthetic cheeze

Nooooo... too dangerous, that's how the guy in the diagram caught on fire... Never expose hot pockets to human flesh... worse than plutonium!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163
    edited December 2019

Non-complaint:  Walked to post office, picked up new RAM for my biggest, bestest computer.  Yay!  I now have 32GB of space to rattle around in.smiley

'Nother non-complaint:  I forgot how good my mom's cookies were.  Mmmm... chewy, chocolatey, nutty, sweetness with a touch of almond smell.  Stopped in grocery store on the way back to buy more parts for assembling more cookies.  I was tempted to give away some of the previous batch to neighbors for their "new home welcoming party" but they didn't have one so now the entire batch is all mine, but I'm now addicted and must assemble more.  "My precioussssses".

"The Store bought cookies just aren't good enough; Complaint Thread"

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Wheee, hot pockets won the new thread.  

edited December 2019

I just realized the previous diagram wasn't comprehensive enough...

I left out the dachshund and sun...

151CB400-1F6A-40F7-9227-5C1A74A77867.png
    2048 x 1536 - 1M
    Post edited by McGyver on

Most of the snow that fell this morning has melted... 

Is it wrong of me that I'm happy about that... this foul cold dandruff of the gods really bums me out with its wetness and coldness and nasty rotty leaves that cling to your shoes and somehow always end up on the carpet looking like a dead cricket or moth.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

is that fluffy bottoms in the feline portion of the diagram?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

..congratulations McGyver on winning the thread.

Yeah Hot Pockets™ are dangerous, particularly if you eat one (gives a whole new meaning to "heartburn"). Love your plan to save the world.  Wonder if it will also work with Nalley's Jalapeno Hot™ Chili (that stuff's like liquid lava).

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

I don't have any ham and cheese hot pockets :(

...and it's curmudgeon time (first of the new thread).

The day I dreaded is nigh, They call it "Giving Tuesday" when everyone and their pet possum pump you for donations.  When I woke up this morning and opened my inbox, there were already 265 emails waiting with more raining down on on me like a Kansas "gullywasher."  To compound the matter, it is also a campaign year so the volume of people hitting me up for money I don't have is even worse.  After I get through a bunch, zero out the inbox and come to the forums to read a couple threads, I look back there and suddenly 20 -30 new emails have popped up begging for dollars in my inbox.  Even if I gave them only 1$ each, I'd pretty much be broke after paying rent. 

playing dumb at work.  
    in response to emails asking dumb questions of me.  as in, like, how am i supposed to know that
    it might backfire, cuz i think my manager realizes i playing dumb.
    or if he doesn't realize it, will worry about that later

oh boy, i asked siri to divide by zero, she sounded a bit irritated,

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678

I need a sprint/boost compatible phone for my current line.  I found an old sprint phone. I am trying to see if I can use that old sprint phone on my current line, but there are issues.  Mainly I forgot the password for the device and the screen is cracked.  It can be fixed but I need to be sure I can get it to work before I fix the phone.

• I wish i could pick up a gift card today, but as usual the great gift card sales come along on my non-pay weeks. I get to weep over the $19.10 in my checking account for the next two weeks. crying

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674
    Mystarra said:

Great, you just started the skynet revolution

TheKD said:
    Mystarra said:

Great, you just started the skynet revolution

she really flipped out when i asked her 'what came first the chicken or the egg'

I have Siri turned off, she never understands my American accent... 

• McGyver said:

I have Siri turned off, she never understands my American accent... 

Americans don't have accents.  We have apostrophes.devil

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

I never turned my Siri on ,I'd prefer a nice masculine baritone to talk to

Oops It is getting late and I have not taken a shower yet.

watched the last game of thrones.  is all over.

was hoping to see a nightwalker at the end, would've been funny.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893
    McGyver said:

Oh no, not the evil pig!??!? I am so scared of it! *cry*

edited December 2019

...ok,  now four minutes to midnight here and I received a total of 613 emails.  That is more than many businesses would receive in a day. For myself it is something like 12 times the number of emails I usually receive in a given day.

Thank the maker Giving Tuesday is over. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • carrie58 said:

I never turned my Siri on ,I'd prefer a nice masculine baritone to talk to

From what I've heard from Siri, she's not hard for me to decipher.  I don't have a "Siri" of my own but I did have one of those old Garmin gals who speaks some tortured version of English at a high enough frequency and rushed cadence, that I only hear half of what she says.  Before I retired her (after selling my car) and putting her back on the shelf, I had gotten sort of used to the mumble that she uses when she says "I86" or the obscure identical noise she says when telling me either "right" or "left".frown  I do hope that if I ever get another car and a newer Garmin that it has male voices or at least the gal has gone to elocution school.indecision

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163
    edited December 2019
    kyoto kid said:

...ok,  now four minutes to midnight here and I received a total of 613 emails.  That is more than many businesses would receive in a day. For myself it is something like 12 times the number of emails I usually receive in a given day.

Time to retire your email address and return to the state of anonymity.  It's right next to Nirvana.

We spend the first third of our lives becoming known.  Then we sail on our reputation for a while.  But the final third of our lives is a struggle to recover our privacy and invisibility again.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

unlucky day,
    had 3 quick picks fot take5 lotto,
    didnt get 1 single number.
    doesn't that mean i should be lucky in love?

wondering if i a cougar,  turning 56, but i like those 30/40yo hunks. cheeky
    is it only wealthy ladies can be cougars?
    remembering george peppard in Tiffany's movie

edited December 2019
    TigerAnne said:
    McGyver said:

Oh no, not the evil pig!??!? I am so scared of it! *cry*

That's "Jody" the demon pig from the "Amityville Horror"... But don't worry, the flying dachshund is coming to keep an eye on her... or him... I think Jody is one of those names that could either be masculine or feminine, depending on culture or species...  In case you aren't familiar with it, the Amityville Horror was a stupid book based on the fake experiences of a writer who bought a house where some guy murdered his parents and siblings... The writer guy decided he could write a scary story that was actually very insulting to the evil ghost community because it portrays the supernatural beings as being really disorganized and inconsistent, with no real haunting skills.

The real Amityville Horror house is actually not very far from where I live, in fact someone I know lives a few blocks from it and when I was a kid, I'd visit them and was never once haunted or possessed... well, maybe a little by a drunk possum, but it was less of a haunting than a stalking, and its probably my fault for hanging around with strange possums. 

The Amityville Horror was also a series of unconnected, vaguely associated, terribly funny movies which I'm assuming were intended to be frightening, (clearly what I find humorous and others find terrifying are mutually exclusive). So far, from 1979 until 2018, there have been something like 20 movies depicting the house at 112 Ocean Avenue as being haunted or associating things connected to the house as being capable of killing people... like a haunted lamp (the most hilarious of them all), a haunted doll house and haunted clock... Amityville has also been depicted as some sort of sleepy rural New England town the likes of which you'd find in a Steven King movie or something by H.P. Lovecraft, when it is in fact actually an average densely populated town with houses fairly close together.

Anyway... Jody the demon pig in the movies and books, really isn't so bad... mostly it just hangs out with a little girl who likes to sing songs with it and it occasionally stares into or out of windows with its glowing red eyes.  Most of the demon pigs on Long Island are fairly benign and kinda fun... which is why Jody is hanging out with the flying dachshund in the diagram.

Post edited by McGyver on

Nick the nose squirrel.  Ninja hamsters.

all scary

kyoto kid said:

Time to retire your email address and return to the state of anonymity.  It's right next to Nirvana.

We spend the first third of our lives becoming known.  Then we sail on our reputation for a while.  But the final third of our lives is a struggle to recover our privacy and invisibility again.

...I sort of chock it up as the price for being a "concerned citizen."  Still better than the old days when it was the physical mailbox that was overstuffed and recycling hadn't caught on yet.  Felt I needed a rubbish skip back then.

My echo dot is not connecting to the internet right now and that is my way of making phone calls until I can get the Motorola found.  I do not know where it went.  I cannot use the phone in the living room because A) it is in the living room and that is not my room, B) it has a five minute limit that I need to follow, C) it is not cordless but D) it has a cordless phone but only the staff controls that one E) there are people watching tv in the living room F) it is the home's main phone so somebody might call in at any moment and G) I am not very comfortable using it after who knows who uses it with their germs all over their hands and they do not use soap every time they wash their hands (I think)

This discussion has been closed.