some of my renders and animation

1444546474850»

Comments

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:
    I'm starting to love the landscapes more than the fractal renders.. well maybe as much. Both always have so much to see...

Happy Ho Ho from me before it ends, well for me again. Has for some but not here yet...
    I've always preferred the scenes over the fractals. I've never been a big fan of "abstract" art.
    I've seen the Software bigh uses, those things are REAL obj files, with all that detail. To me they are so much more than a fractal generated in a 2d art program.I understand that, that's not my point though. I simply prefer actual scenes with ground, sky, outer space, water, mountains, cities, forests; action with people, animals, creatures, cars, jets, bikes, boats, etc. as opposed to abstract shapes, regardless of whether they're made of 3D objects or not. Abstract shapes, regardless of how complex they are, don't mean anything to me. However, a scene of two combatants on a mountain top, locked in a deadly dance, or two lovers embracing under the full moon on the beach—those have meaning to me. That's what I prefer seeing.
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

thanks for the feedback guys - happy you found some thing you liked to look at .
    lets see what comes first end of year or 100 pages - going to be close .

edited December 1969

12 2613 - spring time down under

12_2613_D.jpg
    1300 x 850 - 580K
    edited December 1969

Niiiiiiiice. Now that's a gorgeous Japanese garden. Looks like something you'd see on Kageto's estate. Me like. Where's you get all of those trees, and how much memory do they take up? I'd love to have some forestry on Kuraiyama.

edited December 1969

Niiiiiiiice. Now that's a gorgeous Japanese garden. Looks like something you'd see on Kageto's estate. Me like. Where's you get all of those trees, and how much memory do they take up? I'd love to have some forestry on Kuraiyama.

thank you - used Carrara 8.5
    check out
    http://www.daz3d.com/howiefarkes

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

Tada You now have 24 posts to go. Then a new Thread my friend. Well done.

@TrampG I was not saying anything but that I find the details fascinating and YEP I enjoy all the other stuff too.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

cool image :)

edited December 1969

bigh said:

check out
    http://www.daz3d.com/howiefarkesYeah, I don't have Carrara and can't afford it either. I doubt my computer could handle it even if I could. All I have is DAZ 4.6.

edited December 1969

bigh said:

check out

Yeah, I don't have Carrara and can't afford it either. I doubt my computer could handle it even if I could. All I have is DAZ 4.6.

there are some nice trees you can use in DS 4.6 - on sale now .

thanks guys for the comments .

edited December 2013

12 2713 - junk yard dog
    put together some plants and trees to show how they look in Daz 4.6

12_2713_Dog.jpg
    1029 x 694 - 764K
    Post edited by bigh on
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    bigh said:

check out

Yeah, I don't have Carrara and can't afford it either. I doubt my computer could handle it even if I could. All I have is DAZ 4.6.

thanks guys for the comments . I know. I have some nice freebie individual trees I've found too, but I need a whole forest of them to run up the sides of a full-sized 600 meter tall, nearly 2km wide mountain that I can also have characters go through, and using minimal memory usage. Your render there looks like it has a whole forest surrounding your garden, and the estate within which the garden resides. I'm sure you didn't place those trees individually, did you?

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    bigh said:

check out

thanks guys for the comments . I know. I have some nice freebie individual trees I've found too, but I need a whole forest of them to run up the sides of a full-sized 600 meter tall, nearly 2km wide mountain that I can also have characters go through, and using minimal memory usage. Your render there looks like it has a whole forest surrounding your garden, and the estate within which the garden resides. I'm sure you didn't place those trees individually, did you?

my render really doesn't have that many trees in it .
    sound like you need Bryce or Terragen 3 .
    of course it would depend on how tight the scene is - then you can use DS .

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

I like the subtle water- it's not "in your face" and just adds that perfect balance of "soothing" to the scene.
    And I am going to LAUGH when you have to start a new thread and your count goes back to zero views....(evil cackle. Remember how you posted on my second thread about the countdown? Payback time my friend!)

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    bigh said:

I like the subtle water- it's not "in your face" and just adds that perfect balance of "soothing" to the scene.
    And I am going to LAUGH when you have to start a new thread and your count goes back to zero views....(evil cackle. Remember how you posted on my second thread about the countdown? Payback time my friend!)

laughing - you got me :-)

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    bigh said:
    bigh said:

check out

of course it would depend on how tight the scene is - then you can use DS .Well, it's more setting up a full environment in which I can set up many different scenes, and, eventually, animations going from long-distance establishing shots zooming in to closer shots within specific sections, such as within the estate itself, outside the walls, on the mountain road through the forests, leading up to the estate, etc.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Well how does it feel to almost have 100 pages.....tired yet....still got ideas??? hope so....Trish

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    bigh said:
    bigh said:

check out

I know. I have some nice freebie individual trees I've found too, but I need a whole forest of them to run up the sides of a full-sized 600 meter tall, nearly 2km wide mountain that I can also have characters go through, and using minimal memory usage. Your render there looks like it has a whole forest surrounding your garden, and the estate within which the garden resides. I'm sure you didn't place those trees individually, did you?

of course it would depend on how tight the scene is - then you can use DS .Well, it's more setting up a full environment in which I can set up many different scenes, and, eventually, animations going from long-distance establishing shots zooming in to closer shots within specific sections, such as within the estate itself, outside the walls, on the mountain road through the forests, leading up to the estate, etc.

I see - stick with DS then - you could use Back Grounds with lots of trees ,etc.

edited December 1969

Well how does it feel to almost have 100 pages.....tired yet....still got ideas??? hope so....Trish

ideas yes - money no :-)

edited December 1969

12 2813 F

12_2813_F.jpg
    800 x 650 - 435K
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    bigh said:
    bigh said:
    bigh said:

check out

I know. I have some nice freebie individual trees I've found too, but I need a whole forest of them to run up the sides of a full-sized 600 meter tall, nearly 2km wide mountain that I can also have characters go through, and using minimal memory usage. Your render there looks like it has a whole forest surrounding your garden, and the estate within which the garden resides. I'm sure you didn't place those trees individually, did you?

I see - stick with DS then - you could use Back Grounds with lots of trees ,etc.Not really. Not if I want to be able to set up shots in any part of the environment as any given time. I could use instances, but that'd still be a lot of instances.

edited December 2013

coming soon :-)

12_2913_NY.jpg
    1441 x 627 - 304K
    Post edited by bigh on
    edited December 2013

on the way ;-)

12_3013.jpg
    820 x 820 - 278K
    Post edited by bigh on