Need help with rope animation

KazeKaze Posts: 51
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

The original idea was to have a guy running with a bungee cord on his back that is anchored down at a wall like when you're in one of those blow up bungee runs. The "bungee cord" is made of a multi segment cord with bones attached in regular intervals.

I want to be able to pin the cord to the wall and the runner so that when I pull on the actor with the active pose tool, the cord follows. The effect of gravity and stuff will be neglected for the moment, as well as the stretching of the bungee cord making it just a rope attached to the runner for right now.

Is there a proper way to do this?

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

blonny82 said:
    The original idea was to have a guy running with a bungee cord on his back that is anchored down at a wall like when you're in one of those blow up bungee runs. The "bungee cord" is made of a multi segment cord with bones attached in regular intervals.

I want to be able to pin the cord to the wall and the runner so that when I pull on the actor with the active pose tool, the cord follows. The effect of gravity and stuff will be neglected for the moment, as well as the stretching of the bungee cord making it just a rope attached to the runner for right now.

Is there a proper way to do this?

you can't just pull the actor - you will have to keyframe it yourself

• KazeKaze Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

I get pretty close to what I want by making the chest a parent of the rope, but when the chest moves the whole rope moves as well. When I pin the end of the rope to the wall and move the other end freely with the active pose tool it moves like how I want it to.

The problem is that I need permanent pinning so that no matter what the rope will not move at all from the wall and I can move the runner. If there's no way to do this then, I guess I'm out of luck.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,903
    edited December 1969

no help but you CAN do it in Carrara!