"white eyes" on transfer from 32bit to 64bit after lip-sync

Hi guys.  The first question in 3 months to which I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere online. It's driving me nuts!

I'm setting up my scenes in 64 bit 4.12.0.86 and then opening them in 32 bit (same number) to lipsync the dialogue.   It is tedious for several characters, but I've figured out a system. HOWEVER, when I reopen the file in the 64bit version I get white eyes and thick black lashes. (See image).

My friend has Anilip 2 and we can't get it to work, so please don't suggest that.

Does anyone know why this is happening to me??

There's another character in the scene who has no dialogue, and his eyes are just fine.  Got me stumped!

Thanks,

Cheryl

Comments

• Hi guys.  The first question in 3 months to which I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere online. It's driving me nuts!

I'm setting up my scenes in 64 bit 4.12.0.86 and then opening them in 32 bit (same number) to lipsync the dialogue.   It is tedious for several characters, but I've figured out a system. HOWEVER, when I reopen the file in the 64bit version I get white eyes and thick black lashes. (See image).

My friend has Anilip 2 and we can't get it to work, so please don't suggest that.

Does anyone know why this is happening to me??

There's another character in the scene who has no dialogue, and his eyes are just fine.  Got me stumped!

Thanks,

Cheryl

When you set up the scene and everything is "correct" - eyes and eyelashes in particular, save out a mat file; either for the entire figure or just for anything connected to eyes, tears, eyelashes, cornea, pupils, etc.

Then when you've done everything else and you get white eyes and solid black lashes; apply the mat files.

What is happening is that somewhere along the line the opacity channel has lost the eyelash image, the white eyes are due to one of the normally invisible layers being made visible.

• G'day Catherine, a million thank you's from OZ ! I just tried it and it works... I blew a raspberry at Daz as I fixed their faces. ha ha Took 30 seconds to fix both of them. You have saved me a heap of disappointing hours and such a quick answer as well.  I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Cheryl

• G'day Catherine, a million thank you's from OZ ! I just tried it and it works... I blew a raspberry at Daz as I fixed their faces. ha ha Took 30 seconds to fix both of them. You have saved me a heap of disappointing hours and such a quick answer as well.  I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Cheryl

You're very welcome, glad I could help :-)

• I would also guess the 32bit is using 3Delight as its render engine, I usually save an animated pose drilling down and unticking everything but expressions and visemes to use in my 64bit