The Daz figures

Hello, all.

I'm trying to get the big picture on the figures (human figures) Daz has for Poser 11. Am I right in saying that it's "flagship" figures are the Genesis line? Or are there others? 

And what in a few words is he difference beween them?  And... what is the difference between Genesis 2, 3, 8 etc?  Are they all available for Poser?

Thank you:)

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300

Hello, all.

I'm trying to get the big picture on the figures (human figures) Daz has for Poser 11. Am I right in saying that it's "flagship" figures are the Genesis line? Or are there others? 

And what in a few words is he difference beween them?  And... what is the difference between Genesis 2, 3, 8 etc?  Are they all available for Poser?

Thank you:)

The genesis range are not native to Poser, Genesis 1,2 can be used in Poser by using import methods such as the  DSON importer, 3 and 8 I believe ae more problomatic, there are some threads over at rendo that deal with using the Genesis range in poser.

• demetrioucademetriouca Posts: 15
    edited November 2019

Am I getting the feeling that the Daz figures are maybe  not the best choice for using in Poser - or is that an overstatement?

Post edited by demetriouca on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

Am I getting the feeling that the Daz figures are maybe  not the best choice for using in Poser - or is that an overstatement?

Daz figures up to generation 4 (Victoria / Michael 4) were made for Poser.
    The Genesis line (generations 5 to 8) is native to DS, and can be used in Poser up to a point with plugins (for G1 and G2) or workarounds (for G3 and G8, which use a rigging system Poser doesn't support).

If you want a figure native to Poser that you can use "as is", then the Genesis line is indeed not for you. Generation 4 figures are an option, they don't use the latest tech but they're still very popular and there's tons of content available for them.

• bikdinglebikdingle Posts: 37
    edited November 2019

I used V4/M4 as my primary figures for 4 years with Poser 10.  

To get V4 to bend well in some ways required additional morphs (Perfect V4 by Xameva and Meipe) 

There are only a few fixes for M4

I never had a problem with DSON importer but I never used Genesis or Genesis 2 in poser, the available clothing and morphs for V4/M4 was overwhelming and some of it of very high quality.  I've converted quite a few V4 and M4 cloths and armor over to G8 because I like them and there is no equivalent.

If you are just starting out you might want to explore LaFemme (a new Poser figure that Renderosity's content creators are supporting heavily) and of course Dawn and Dusk (which I think will be included in the new Poser)

Just my $0.02

Post edited by bikdingle on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300

I used V4/M4 as my primary figures for 4 years with Poser 10.  

To get V4 to bend well in some ways required additional morphs (Perfect V4 by Xameva and Meipe) 

There are only a few fixes for M4

I never had a problem with DSON importer but I never used Genesis or Genesis 2 in poser, the available clothing and morphs for V4/M4 was overwhelming and some of it of very high quality.  I've converted quite a few V4 and M4 cloths and armor over to G8 because I like them and there is no equivalent.

If you are just starting out you might want to explore LaFemme (a new Poser figure that Renderosity's content creators are supporting heavily) and of course Dawn and Dusk (which I think will be included in the new Poser)

Just my $0.02

Dawn Dusk baby Luna and the horse and a couple of other Hivewire things are included with the free 11.2 Poser upgrade.

If you are just starting out Daz Studio is still free, might be worth downloading and having a look.