How Do You uninstall DAZ 3D for Mac

sherridrawsstuffsherridrawsstuff Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi,

I'm interested in learning how to use 3D art and thought I would try out DAZ because I had read there was a free version of the program and I can't affront one at the moment.

I discovered, after I downloaded the program that I would need to purchase models in order to use DAZ. So I decided to uninstall it.

I dragged the icon to my trash can like I would to unistall most programs, but this folder called DAZ 3D (Other) that contains the files DAZ Content Management Service and DAZ3DIM is still on in my Launchpad, and I can't seem to move it to my tracy can to uninstall it.

If you can help me find a way to uninstall this, I would appreciate it a lot.

Thank you.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you installed it using a stand-alone installer it should create an uninstaller; if you installed it using DAZ Install Manager then just go to the Installed tab and click the Uninstall button.

You should see in your Product Library or in DAZ Install Manager several batches of free content: "Genesis Starter Essentials", "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials" and "Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials" -- these contain figures, clothing, hair, locations, etc..

There is also a free package of "Default Lights and Shaders for DAZ Studio" if you haven't installed that yet.

• sherridrawsstuffsherridrawsstuff Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the information!

It was very helpful, so I decided to give the program another chance.

edited December 2013

While I was installing the program I got a series of error messages, I clicked okay, and then got another error

Post edited by sherridrawsstuff on
    edited December 1969

I have another question.

I tried installing the program and got an this error message that I made a screen cap of. Is this happening because I attempted to delete the program and I would need to download it again?

Thank you.

Screen_Shot_2013-12-21_at_9.31_.26_PM_.png
    1440 x 900 - 1M
    Screen_Shot_2013-12-21_at_9.10_.25_PM_.png
    1440 x 900 - 1M
    Screen_Shot_2013-12-21_at_9.10_.25_PM_.png
    1440 x 900 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I just realized that the program is working. My bad.

Thank you for helping me. =)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Scene builder is for the Beta version of DAZ Studio and the Photoshop Bridge is only needed if you have PS and wish to send to from in DAZ Studio.