Bryce Render Challenge number 38 «« UNCANNY »»

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Horo - me too, I love it, awesome work

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Thank you Yellow Pen and mermaid.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,078

Yellow Pen : thank you.

Horo : excellent spooky scene, awesome colours and great light.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited November 2019

Horo: Well, that living room gets some scary action! Very scary floorcrasher. One point, though. Without debris next to the hole, I guess he is falling in the hole and not coming out. Good riddance! I like your enchanted wood a lot. These gremlins appear to be having lots of fun, their actually glowing.

Adbc: Another form of ‘enchanted wood’ The kittens look cute, which cannot be said from the ‘lady’!

My second one (possibly). This started as an abstract, but turned to be uncanny. The arch is from Alan Armstrong. The lady is Genesis and the elf is Victoria 4.2 with some additions. Except from the posing in DAZ Studio, this is pure Bryce. Title: The chase.

I may decide to withdraw this one, since I've got two other ideas (suddenly boiling over), but am not sure whether I will be able to finalise them before the end of the month.

uncanny dream2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Hansmar - very nicely done, I like the twirly projection (not sure what to call it laugh)

adbc - thank you.

Hansmar - thank you. The troll rises up and pulled down the floor and everything went into the fire below, so there are no debris on the floor. The gremlins are a nice lot but can be a quite malicious at times.
    The chase is an interesting entry.

• Hansmar: I feel like Mermaid... and, well done.

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821
    edited November 2019

@ Hansmar: Mirror mirror - Very nice idea. I think so much the lady did not want to lose weight, right?
    Your second work also has something. This wave effect is fascinating.

@ Diomede: Nice to see you here in the contest. Very nice and funny render to this theme.

@ Horo: Floorcrasher - when I built the room at that time I did not know that the underfloor heating can have such effects. Very cool idea. The troll is very threatening.
    Enchanted Wood - The picture is absolutely fantastic. These colors, the light on the gremlin - I would like to have the picture as a neon poster. Absolutely great this work.

@ adbc: Very cool perspective. These cats are great and the lady looks really scary.

And here my last entry.
    Title: Necromancer.

The green nebulae around the magician and the zombies are cones with the recolored Blue Fire material of the Pro Mats.

Necromancer.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by drachenlords on

Mermaid, Horo, Yellow Pen, Drachenlord: Thank you.

Drachenlord: Necromancer is a great scene and wonderfully rendered. POV is also very well chosen!

• Thank you, Hansmar.

drachenlords - thank you. The necromancer is great, full of details, excellent POV. Impressive work.

Hansmar : I like The Chaser, very well done.

drachenlords : thank you.

The necromancer is an excellent image !

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821
    edited November 2019

Thank you, Horo and adbc.

Post edited by drachenlords on
  • Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918
    edited November 2019

Drachenlord: great work, very well done.

Post edited by Yellow Pen on
  • Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918
    edited November 2019

my second entry:

Invasion.

Invasion.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 927K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

Yellow Pen: pretty  good +

drachenlords:  cool + good job

edited November 2019

Happy N7 Day everyone! 

+ yeah, it ain't but Okay 's   _thanx

Post edited by ed3D on
  • thanks ed2d, and a big thank you to Chohole, for your help smiley

Yellow Pen - I never liked invasions but with those guys its a nightmare. Great scene and the lighting makes their operation even more clandestine.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

thanks ed2d, and a big thank you to Chohole, for your help smiley

No problem,   glad I could help

edited November 2019

Yellow Pen: Scary green guys, good render.

Drachenlord: thank you.

My (preliminary) third entry, title: Mama?!

Ruins from Drachenlord (thanks, again!), skeletons (male and female) and musculature posed in DAZ Studio, just like the little girl. Trees from Judyk. Sky (slightly modified) from DAZ 3d (almost dark). Walls and bridge from Bryce Premium set. Doll from Archive3D.

Have a nice walk!

mama2.jpg
    875 x 875 - 657K
    edited November 2019

thanks ed2d, and a big thank you to Chohole, for your help smiley

_you're very welcome_  +

Hansmar :   well, done

Post edited by ed3D on

Yellow Pen : very good image, scary guys.

Hansmar : Very well done !

Hansmar - excellent.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

really great renders from everyone, great work!!! :)

ed3D, adbc, Horo, Thank you

• @ Yellow Pen: Thank you. Invasion is a cool picture. These guys look spooky and funny at the same time. I do not want to meet them, but as a picture I think they are great.

@ Hansmar: Mom ?! - Cool idea and well done.

edited November 2019

Drachenlords: Thank you.

I used the landscape with pits from the 'Landscapes under fantasic skies' by David Brinnen and Horo and combined it with another sky from the series (other than the original in the example). I added two Genesis (2 and 3, I think) people and the Bigmouth Worm (from Poser, I think) and posed these three in DAZ Studio. I modified the texture of the terrain and the sky a little to reduce the strenght of the light.

I think this will be my third entry, instead of 'The Chase', which is probably too weird for most people.

The story is, that the guy wanted to take a nice picture of his girlfriend in this beautiful landscape, but was unpleasantly surprised by the photocrashing monster.

I hope Horo and David Brinnen do not disapprove of me using their work for the contest. Title: "Baby, look out, behind you!"

posing.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
  • thanks adbc and Drachenlords.

Hansmar: Great entries. I love the Light at the second one... it looks beautiful.

Here's my third entry: very simple, it's called:

Kitty, my cutie little Cat...

Kitty the Cat.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 674K
    edited November 2019

Hansmar - very good idea, looking very good, great lighting.

Yellow Pen - oh a black cat, must not cross my path because that means misfortune. The lighting is superbly balanced. 

My third entry.
    Name: Bolting.
    Used: The 1967 Shelby GT500 PP from Daz3D, with the LowPath HDRI visible through the windows. In front of the camera a self made Distorion Lens but hidden. A mask was rendered from the car, then the car hidden and the Lens enabled to render the backdrop. With the help of the mask, the car interior was merged with distorted outside in a graphics application.

Bolting

Bolting.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 205K
    Post edited by Horo on