How do I "decode" files via RTEncoder?

launoklaunok Posts: 792
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have no idea how to "decode" the files via the RTEncoder which I have just downloaded. I am trying to follow the included manual but can't get it to work. I have never used the RTEncoder before today!

When I get to key file names via the encoder I have no idea what names to put in there. If the file name is for instance pass_agathion.rte it turned automatilly to agathion.obj when I press next button, but this file doesn't work (file doesn't exist is message I am getting). If I chance it to the original .rte file doesn't work either. What name should I put so that it recognize the mentioned file? I have also came across a file name during this process under RTEncoder cp_pass.txt which I have to save. I have saved this file (cp_pass.txt) to a new directory in the same folder I have saved the other files but the file doesn't appear at all!

I am trying to follow the instructions on the following link as well as RTEncoder manual.

http://poser-ism.vis.ne.jp/cplogin.html

I am not good with following instructions and it seems I am missing something along the line! :( This is for freebies on the above site but one needs a password and can only obtain this via the encoder.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 2013

First you need to download and install a version of RTE encoder.

You need to own the product that you are attempting to decode the product from.

Launch RTE encoder.

Browse for the rte file you are trying to decode and place that in the decode box.

Browse for the obj file that the product is encoded against. If you are trying to use the first product on the page: you place the rte file in the decode box. Browse for the Rosy Cheeks Lina obj file (found in the Runtime>Geometries folder). Place the obj file in the box you need to decode.

Click ok. If you have the correct obj, the rte file should decode.

The above is for the original RTE encoder app which is not the one listed on the page.

If you go the one listed on the page and scroll down the Java RTE encoder app (not my favorite) has a tutorial that will walk you through it.

Post edited by icprncss on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 792
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    First you need to download and install a version of RTE encoder.

You need to own the product that you are attempting to decode the product from.

Launch RTE encoder.

Browse for the rte file you are trying to decode and place that in the decode box.

Browse for the obj file that the product is encoded against. If you are trying to use the first product on the page: you place the rte file in the decode box. Browse for the Rosy Cheeks Lina obj file (found in the Runtime>Geometries folder). Place the obj file in the box you need to decode.

Click ok. If you have the correct obj, the rte file should decode.

Thank you for your help. I will see if I will manage. There are a few freebies I have downloaded which also needs the encoder but I haven't used them up to now. If I can get this to work then I will know what to do in future for such items. I have opened the RTE encoder directly from the rar without installing, maybe this could be a problem as well.

edited December 1969

First, you need to download to download and install the RTE encoder app. I'm not a fan of the Java version but I can't seem to locate the older non Java version so here goes

Download and install the app.

Unzip the files with the rte files in them. Make sure you know what files you need to decode the files (this should be in the coded files readme) and where they are. If you don't have the key files, you can't decode the files.

Once you have all that, launch the RTE encoder app. Find the rte files. These are the coded files.

Find the output file. This is the name you want the decoded files to be. When it's showing in the output box, click ok.

You will get another screen with three lines. The output file will be listed. Locate the key file. This is the file you are using to decode the coded file. Usually it is an obj file but it can be an entire zip file. Browse to find it, place it in the key box. Usually you only need one key file. If you need more than one, the coded file's read me will tell you. If there is a key phrase, it will be in the read me. If there isn't, this screen shouldn't even come up. Same for encryption phrase. If they do and there are no phrases, I'm not sure what the heck you do. I'm still trying to find the older one that doesn't use all the folderol.

Verify your rte file, where you want the decoded file to go to and the key file you are decoding from. The phrases if they are used. If everything is there, hit ok. The files should decode.

If I find the older RTE app, I'll post the link.

• launoklaunok Posts: 792
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    First, you need to download to download and install the RTE encoder app. I'm not a fan of the Java version but I can't seem to locate the older non Java version so here goes

Unzip the files with the rte files in them. Make sure you know what files you need to decode the files (this should be in the coded files readme) and where they are. If you don't have the key files, you can't decode the files.

Once you have all that, launch the RTE encoder app. Find the rte files. These are the coded files.

Find the output file. This is the name you want the decoded files to be. When it's showing in the output box, click ok.

You will get another screen with three lines. The output file will be listed. Locate the key file. This is the file you are using to decode the coded file. Usually it is an obj file but it can be an entire zip file. Browse to find it, place it in the key box. Usually you only need one key file. If you need more than one, the coded file's read me will tell you. If there is a key phrase, it will be in the read me. If there isn't, this screen shouldn't even come up. Same for encryption phrase. If they do and there are no phrases, I'm not sure what the heck you do. I'm still trying to find the older one that doesn't use all the folderol.

Verify your rte file, where you want the decoded file to go to and the key file you are decoding from. The phrases if they are used. If everything is there, hit ok. The files should decode.

Thanks for this information, this is a great help indeed and much appreciated! :-)

edited December 1969

Glad it helps. If you have any other questions, just ask. I'm still trying to locate the other version.

Also you may find some older files that are encoded using objaction mover by MAZ. They have a pfc extension on them and will state in the read me. You can find Objaction Mover in the Rendo free stuff under Utilities. You may need to put the name MAZ in the user line of the search.

You can also pick up a copy at English Bob's site Morphography. He has some other utilities there, a comprehensive list of links, and other great information.

• launok said:

icprncss said:

Thanks for this information, this is a great help indeed and much appreciated! :-)

Thank you very much for wonderful tutorial!