Only 8% discount on new snowball item?

BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I only get 8% discount on
http://www.daz3d.com/urban-college-guy-fashion-for-genesis-2-male-s

Is this correct? I mean, all the other snowball new items get discounted at 30%.

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

When you see something like that, just sit tight and do not buy it- give them time to fix it. There can be a few glitches when the site changes over. That 8% is a weird number, too low, etc.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited December 1969

I seriously wished they would either change their "shop-turnover-time" to a time when technical support is actually there, like, change over at noon rather than midnight. It would save everyone a lot of problems, stomache pains, ticket fill outs and grey hairs.

There's so many glitches lately that I begin to lose trust in the shop, which makes me hesitant to buy at all. Which, of course, is good for my purse, but certainly not what DAZ3D has in mind...

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I don't know how they staff it, because sometimes things have been fixed before 4-5am (US time) or even within a few hours. The site changes over at about 1:13am (Central Time.) And it works both ways- the glitches can often work in your favor :) In Sept 2012, I was a newbie (only joined four days earlier) and didn't even realize what was posted was WAY off, Brinnen's store was ALL 75% off. So I leisurely bought three or four things, did some research on Carrara, went back ten minutes later and it was 40%. I was like, "OH!"

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

This is a PA product. PA's may set their intro discount to whatever they chose. They don't even have to offer an intro discount if they chose not to.

3O% is not a hard a fast rule, even for DAZ. I have seen other vendors place their intro sales at 20% and once or twice as high as 60%.

If OOT decided he only wanted to offer an 8% discount on the product you are left with two choices: buy or don't buy. If you can wait about another 9 months for the product, it will end up at half off the full price during the annual half off PA sale which has been taking place in September. Even if OOT chooses not to have everything half off for a day during that sale, there is at least one day where all PA products are half off.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited December 1969

If the PA has chosen the 8% discount, then fine.

If not, then DAZ should fix it. I will hold off for the purchase until tomorrow. If it's still 8% by then, then so be it.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

While it's certainly possible that this is the intended price it is an odd number so I have sent a query in to check. If it is an error I'm sure purchasers will get refunds to correct it.

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

If the PA did choose 8% then the advertised discount is wrong. On the main snowball page it says 30%. Either way there is a mistake and we will have to wait.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

OOT's store is on sale for 30% but that excludes new items. Today's release is not counted in the regular store sale. Any item that has been in the store less than 60 days is considered new.

• drinkingbuddydrinkingbuddy Posts: 350
    edited December 1969

Emailed newsletter also said 30% for this. It might be best to wait until the offices open.

• GallCommTVGallCommTV Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    OOT's store is on sale for 30% but that excludes new items. Today's release is not counted in the regular store sale. Any item that has been in the store less than 60 days is considered new.

Err .... It's showing at 30% for me right now, .. @ $13.27 ( and in my cart)

• SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:
    I only get 8% discount on
    http://www.daz3d.com/urban-college-guy-fashion-for-genesis-2-male-s

Is this correct? I mean, all the other snowball new items get discounted at 30%.

You know the worse part is that they aren't giving us our 'snowball' discount that is suppose to be an additional above that standard discount and they just made the pricing more confusing but they still aren't giving us the snowball discounts.

• SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    This is a PA product. PA's may set their intro discount to whatever they chose. They don't even have to offer an intro discount if they chose not to.

3O% is not a hard a fast rule, even for DAZ. I have seen other vendors place their intro sales at 20% and once or twice as high as 60%.

If OOT decided he only wanted to offer an 8% discount on the product you are left with two choices: buy or don't buy. If you can wait about another 9 months for the product, it will end up at half off the full price during the annual half off PA sale which has been taking place in September. Even if OOT chooses not to have everything half off for a day during that sale, there is at least one day where all PA products are half off.

PA product or not, we should have at least got our 'snowball' discounts.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

Not every new item will earn a snowball or receive a snowball discount. If the item was listed as earning a snowball when you purchased and you didn't receive one, or the discount if you already had ten or more snowballs, then please open a support ticket.