How to create a interior of house?

lord Adamlord Adam Posts: 125
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I would like to create a few rooms from bases. I've got a lot of OBJ files/ready objects form other softwares (Dosch,3D Max),so I'm just searching for a good toturial: how to build (walls, windows and doors) a house from scratch in CARRARA PRO 8.
The first step is to insert an empty plane. The second - build some walls... How can I do it quickly in a few steps??

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

You want doors and windows?

The Spline modeler or the Vertex modeler may fit the bill. Do you have experience with any of those?

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

I would like to create a few rooms from bases. I've got a lot of OBJ files/ready objects form other softwares (Dosch,3D Max),so I'm just searching for a good toturial: how to build (walls, windows and doors) a house from scratch in CARRARA PRO 8.
    The first step is to insert an empty plane. The second - build some walls... How can I do it quickly in a few steps??

Depends on your approach.

FYI, Inagoni makes the Carrara plugin Archi-Tools that helps a great deal with making houses and buildings.

But you don't have to start with a plane necessarily. You can box model the walls and Boolean Subtract door and window frames.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited December 1969

This thread has some ideas. Make sure you also go to its second page and look at the suggestions by Roygee and Wendy.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/29357/

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:

Depends on your approach.

FYI, Inagoni makes the Carrara plugin Archi-Tools that helps a great deal with making houses and buildings.

But you don't have to start with a plane necessarily. You can box model the walls and Boolean Subtract door and window frames.

Or use the Spline modeler and make compound shapes. ;-)

To the OP, there are many roads to your destination in Carrara. If you could let us know what experience, (if any), that you have it would help us out. If you're a clean slate, we can help there as well.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Or use the Spline modeler and make compound shapes. ;-)

Allegedly, the spline modeler can do anything!