Shoes Deforming When Posing Figure - SOLVED

TheVestigeTheVestige Posts: 0
edited December 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello! Sorry to bother everyone with another problem;

I purchased this pack: http://www.daz3d.com/v4-sport-trainer-shoe-pack but I'm having a small issue where, if I pose my figure while she's wearing the shoes, the shoes begin to deform in very noticeable ways (see attachment).

Does anyone know if there's a fix for this? Or it just an inherent problem with the shoe pack?

Post edited by TheVestige on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,207
    edited December 1969

Is that on V4 or are you AutoFitting them to Genesis?

• TheVestigeTheVestige Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It is V4, yes.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This looks more like a Genesis V4 Shape with weight mapping. That is not the same as the V4 stand alone figure.

edited December 1969

Hrm ... In my Content Library I see a "Victoria 4.2" figure ... so you're saying it's possible that when I load it, I am in fact loading Genesis with a V4 morph automatically applied?

Though when I compare the pose sliders, the V4 figure has a fairly different set than the sliders on Genesis. For example, no emotion sliders or eye movement sliders. I'm fairly certain it is V4, as are the shoes.

Thank you by the way for your time on this. =)

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited December 1969

When you select the shoe, is it set to "Fit To" Victoria? Or is it just parented to her foot?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

Try zeroing the shoe when it's "fitted to" V4 (options menu in the Parameters tab), if there is some dodgy rigging going on that "should" (crosses fingers) snap the rig back to match V4's.

edited December 1969

JonnyRay said:
    When you select the shoe, is it set to "Fit To" Victoria? Or is it just parented to her foot?

It is set to Fit To Victoria 4.2, as well as parented to it.

Try zeroing the shoe when it's "fitted to" V4 (options menu in the Parameters tab), if there is some dodgy rigging going on that "should" (crosses fingers) snap the rig back to match V4's.

Nope, I'm afraid not. =( The shoe will shift ever so slightly, but the deformity remains. Is it possible I just have corrupt files for the shoes? I find it hard to believe that nobody else has posted about an issue like this?

edited December 1969

I think I've sort of solved it ... I set my parameters menu to "Show Hidden Properties", and found a parameter (for the shoes) called "Bend " (and Bend for the other shoe) with an on and off button. Switching it off seems to have solved it. Of course the shoe doesn't conform as realistically as it could now, but it looks good enough - certainly better than the dog's breakfast I had before!

I think I can make do with this, unless anyone has any other suggestions.

Otherwise, thanks very much everyone for your time and expertise! =)

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited December 1969

Sounds like you've got a mostly working option. Another tip that works with some items...

When a content creator puts together the CR2 file for an item, they don't always do it "right". By that I mean they don't always pull the morphs that are defined all the way up the hierarchy of the figure to the top.

In the case of a shoe, the CR2 has to have a hip, thigh, shin and foot node to it (doing this by memory so I might be wrong). The content artist might define a "helper morph" at the foot node, but forget in the CR2 file to also reference that at the top level of the file. When they do that, if you select just the shoe, you won't see that helper morph.

However, if you go to the scene tab in DS, expand the shoe hiearchy, and select each node down the tree, on the parameters tab, you'll see what morphs are available at each node. Sometimes you will find hidden nuggets there that will help you around issues. This can be especially helpful with poke through problems when you bend a character's elbow or knee.

edited December 1969

I tried that out and didn't see any new parameters (even with hidden shown), but you're absolutely right - I poked around some other clothing items and indeed some new parameters came up when I went through their hierarchy. Very handy tip, thanks!