Contest and challenge: Spinning Vicky in a Temple with a Sword!

KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
edited December 2013 in The Commons

I can't really say 'Naked' because TOS and the contest isn't about it :)

With release of Olympia it is good timing, I think, to try something fun.

The idea of this contest is to render the most traditional idea of a Vicky in a Temple with a Sword at the best of your abilities BUT with one and just one caveat.

Put your own spin on it.

Idea-wise NVIATWAS is one of the least challenging renders to do, so I'd like to see people coming with different executions and making something of their own about this most venerable of all cliches in poserverse. It can be Victor in chainmail negligee instead of Vicky. It might be not, strictly speaking, a sword. Or a temple. Or even barbarian era. Or even chainmail negligee. Push the limits as much as you can while staying true to the idea. Or making fun of the idea. Or just making fun. Or having a somber tone. Your own thing.

Now, rules.
- all renders must be new. You can post them elsewhere after you posted them here and enter in other contests if you so wish.
- first prize is $25 Gift Certificate at DAZ3D (the rule is edited at December 17th, 2013, around 4:10PM EST: as it turned to be it isn't ok to offer CGs to other places by some reason O_o; the rule is edited again December 17th, 2013 around 8PM EST to add new prizes)
- second prize is $10 DAZ3D Gift Certificate.
- third prize is $5 is DAZ3D Gift Certificate. Thank you, kurisu2112, for generous contribution to all our prizes!
- you can use any figure (not necessary even human one), prop, clothes, environment, character, etc, as long as they and the render itself comply with DAZ3D TOS (I guess it makes it second caveat; sorry about that)
- if you want to add a short story it is fine too but those stories won't be judged as a part of the picture :p
- any software is ok, postwork is also ok, but please, if you use fancy software like Modo, Octane, 3DMax and other high-end things or excessive use of image editing, note this on your entry.
- this is not tribute-to-Frazetta contest.
- last entered render will be accepted on Monday, December 30th, 2013, 11:59 PM EST and winners will be named December 31st, 2013 so you can spend your winnings in shiny bright new year of 2014. It is about two weeks duration contest. You can also enter simply for challenge.
- you can enter as many times as you wish but only one of your pictures can ever be a winner. If you showing a WIP or non-entry, please specify so.
- your Vicky or equivalent isn't obligated to actually spin :p

Why I think it is a challenge? As I said NVIATWAS is one of the simplest ideas for the render and to put a personal spin on it is quite a challenge, so I'm curious what you can come up with.

Post edited by Kattey on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Ohh, this sounds like fun ;-) I like the "put your own spin to it", I'm in!

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Your renders are always have a very curious personal take on the idea so I'll be very much waiting to see what you can some up with :)
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Totte said:

Your renders are always have a very curious personal take on the idea so I'll be very much waiting to see what you can some up with :)
    Well Totte's a "curious" person, so not surprising that his take on a theme is a bit different from everyone else's. :coolsmirk:

That said, I have one question . . . does "Vicky" have to be G2Female/Gina for V6? I'm not into the Genesis 2 characters so "if" (and it's a big IF), I find the time to do a render, will I be able to use another character?

edited December 2013

Miss B said:
    That said, I have one question . . . does "Vicky" have to be G2Female/Gina for V6? I'm not into the Genesis 2 characters so "if" (and it's a big IF), I find the time to do a render, will I be able to use another character?

It can be any character (yes, not even human one) as long as said character (and the render) works within DAZ3D TOS :)
    It said in rules that pretty much every kind of figure, environment, clothes, props, etc are ok under DAZ3D TOS limitations.
    So you are very welcome to render any kind of figure you wish :D
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

I'm in! I went and bought the Pro bundle (of course I did) so I can't wait to get Nidale's skin into my new loincloths and bash around with some G2M stuff for the same scene. Yay! I assume PAs aren't eligible for "winning" (that wouldn't be right) but I just want to participate because it's fun. :-)

edited December 1969

I'm in! I went and bought the Pro bundle (of course I did) so I can't wait to get Nidale's skin into my new loincloths and bash around with some G2M stuff for the same scene. Yay! I assume PAs aren't eligible for "winning" (that wouldn't be right) but I just want to participate because it's fun. :-)

Um, why not eligible? O_o Aren't they people too? If they make a good render, it is the same as anybody else make a good render, isn't it?
    Or I'm not seeing something?

In any way, I'll be glad to see what you can come up with :P

edited December 1969

Kattey, do you want a list of used items and howto's for personal touches or just a render and a title?

edited December 2013

Totte said:
    Kattey, do you want a list of used items and howto's for personal touches or just a render and a title?

This isn't requirement and won't influence the winning but I personally like when people share knowledge and stuff like that ^_^"
    As it said, you can even write short stories if you feel inspired to do so.
    Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

The ultimate Chainmail Bikini

Olympia
    Mixed with a little Gia
    Sporty Braid
    Curvaceous Olympia 6
    Red Sands Temple
    Milady's Blade for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Evening Gown for Genesis 2 Female(s) (Shoes)
    Fire and Smoke for DAZ Studio
    Advanced DAZ Studio Light Bundle
    Skulls from Rendo
    Chainmail texture for Curvaceous Olympia Clothes created in FilterForge
    Rendered in DS 4.6P
    Postwork (smoke) in PS with Ron's smoke

chainmail_bikini.jpg
    1131 x 1600 - 246K
    edited December 1969

I like her facial expression. "Well, that's another job well done, tra-la."

edited December 2013

And we have a first entry render! :)
    Thank you, Totte, it is a lovely picture ^_^

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

Thanks, and thanks SY. I've always looked for an excuse to make a chainmail bikini. I saw one real at a Game Con, was for sale, didnt look comfortable at all, but probably better than the chainmail mankini ;-)

edited December 2013

Totte said:
    Kattey said:

Thanks, and thanks SY. I've always looked for an excuse to make a chainmail bikini. I saw one real at a Game Con, was for sale, didnt look comfortable at all,

I didn't try bikini but I had tried a full-sleeve chainmail made by people who reproduce items of the past. Just one note - if you have a longish hair you need to put a cap of some sort first T_T

but probably better than the chainmail mankini ;-)
    O_o *tries to imagine a chainmail mankini, chokes a bit* I bet! Especially if guy is a bear rug sort of guy it will be very painful. Hair and everything.

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

My lil sister did train her horse in battle riding some years ago wearing a full chainmail as her husband owns a little smithy and has made chainmails, helmets, swords and axes. She's pretty good at it, or was as long as she trained. My son borrowed the stuff when he was elven and they set up a school play and he was to play a 15th century guardsman. He almost dropped under the weight of that chain "dress".

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    My lil sister did train her horse in battle riding some years ago wearing a full chainmail as her husband owns a little smithy and has made chainmails, helmets, swords and axes. She's pretty good at it, or was as long as she trained. My son borrowed the stuff when he was elven and they set up a school play and he was to play a 15th century guardsman. He almost dropped under the weight of that chain "dress".

Yeah, armor is pretty heavy, especially if you untrained with it. I once met a guy who was running around in almost full plate with chainmail armor with underpadding, heavy boots and everything. And it was summer. I almost fainted just looking at him O_o
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    My son borrowed the stuff when he was elven

Must have been heavy, I hear elves prefer mithril.

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Probably should've waited until he was a half-orc.

edited December 1969

Totte said:

He used to play a stout dwarf at that time ;-)

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:

He used to play a stout dwarf at that time ;-)
    Don't tell me he had a beard already O_o

edited December 2013

And we have a contributor to prizes!

kurisu2112 had generously contributed $20 to prizes and now we have $25 first place, $10 second place and $5 as third place prizes!
    I love when contest has a third place prizes ^_^

Lets see all your renders :D

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 2013

Mine is at 27% after 4 hours. I'm hoping to upload it before I get on the plane tomorrow. ;) I had to do a render with water...

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited December 1969

Mine is at 27% after 4 hours. I'm hoping to upload it before I get on the plane tomorrow. ;) I had to do a render with water...

O_O I really want to see it!

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Miss B said:

It can be any character (yes, not even human one) as long as said character (and the render) works within DAZ3D TOS :)
    It said in rules that pretty much every kind of figure, environment, clothes, props, etc are ok under DAZ3D TOS limitations.
    So you are very welcome to render any kind of figure you wish :D
    Good news. Thanks Kattey, now I just have to find the time. :coolsmile:
    edited December 2013

It was at 30% after five hours, and I still have a plane-related deadline. For now I'll have to settle for the postwork-water version.

Full-size at deviantart: http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/art/Slay-the-Monster-Rescue-the-Prince-420508932

TempleRescue2sm.jpg
    2000 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited December 2013

Still a nice render and thank you for entering! I like that top down perspective and guy-in-distress in the chair :)

Post edited by Kattey on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 2013

....did a fun take on this years ago. Sadly as it's not new, it is not eligible.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ....did a fun take on this years ago. Sadly as it's not new, it is not eligible.

Make a new one :)
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Alas I have 3 problems:
    1) no time
    2) dying fan so I can't render for more than a few minutes
    3) I don't seem to have a stock-ticker, a wimple, or a zord

edited December 1969

Alas I have 3 problems:
    1) no time
    2) dying fan so I can't render for more than a few minutes
    The contest runs for almost two weeks and I hope you'd have some time to render something and a new fan :)

3) I don't seem to have a stock-ticker, a wimple, or a zord

Well, we can always transfluke something, I guess...^_^"
  • DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 2013

Title: What Pimple Faced Adolescent Thought This Was Proper Warrior Wear In This Weather?

This is from an idea I had years ago.... Kinda cool to be able to use it ;)

Edit to fix spelling error.

WhatPimpleFaced.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 684K
    Post edited by DraagonStorm on