edited December 1969

where is the Animation ?

• DeanpwDeanpw Posts: 258
    edited September 2014

Image removed

Post edited by Deanpw on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

SO which forum did you mean to post it in as it isn't Animation? I can move it there for you.

edited December 1969

Hi Chohole,

I think it should be in the art studio.

Thanks.

Dean

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There you go then MOVE is moved. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Cheers Chohole :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

YEA!! A Deanpw art thread!! More please.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

LOL- I wondered when I first started reading about the "Where's the animation?"
    Really like the postwork Dean! Well, I like everything about it. The size of the wheel is very dramatic and really adds power to the scene.
    And yes, more, more, more!

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

Nice picture, very dramatic. Question: how do you add those bits of debris that give the impression of movement (like those bits under the wheel)? I could do with something like that.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Steve, I think Dean used something like Ron's brushes- you can get them with things like fairy dust stars, bricks, even robot parts. Am I right Dean? (there's more than just Ron's, I am using that for an example.)

• John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 2013

I'm lovin' the staging, the general effect and feel of the image, I'm just a bit confused as to what it is telling me.....not that that really matters I guess.

Also, while I am sure you are aware, if you render the image as a png you can retain the alpha detail and don't need to chroma key out (or selectively erase) the background.

Post edited by John Sims on
    edited December 1969

Hi All,

Thank you for your comments!

The picture came about as a trial for the bike and GIS suits. I purchased the products and wanted to see what they looked like, once rendered. I positioned the bike wheel close to the camera as I wanted to see what the texture was like as a close-up. Having done that, I thought what the hell, I may as well create a little scene here to see how it all comes out - hence the picture I ended up with. I was very impressed with the quality of the items created by the creators. Freakin' love Daz!

As for the FX, I dropped the image into my after effects and got to work. The explosions and debris are all moving parts. I just freeze framed them at the appropriate time and colour corrected them to fit the scene. There is an alternative for debris...

I purchased an item from Daz quite some time ago called, Breaking The House (by Powerage). It's a house that has a pre-set to explode the building. If you apply the pre-set to explode the building, then decrease the scale, you have small chunks of debris. All you have to do then is position the debris where you want it - keeping the remaining parts of the house from view. There's also a Live Architectures Bundle that has tones of brick explosions that can be used for debris. However, if you type debris into the search engine, have a look what comes up. The items I've mentioned are nowhere to be seen.

I bet there's quite a few items on here that have many different uses. The vendors could be losing out on sales because they're not maximising their items, and the members could be losing out on their creations, not having the appropriate tools to bring their imaginations to life, when in fact the items are actually there. Maybe the vendors could display the full uses within the picture displays, or extend the item name in the search engine?

With regards to the pic...

A good bike light, for example, might be the Advanced Spotlight. Just decrease the scale to fit your needs.

A shower-type water tool could have been spraying under the wheel to give the impression the bike has knocked over a water hydrant - thus adding more movement to the scene. I suppose the trick is to be careful where you position them, not to give the game away to the viewer.

With regards to the lighting, I used the lighting which came with Stonemason's Urban Future, and a distant light which comes with HDR Pro Sets Urban Recreation. I highlighted the bike to bring up the x,y,z arrows (blue,green and red arrows). The blue arrow was facing front. I then opened up the distant light tool and moved the light to face the blue arrow, so the light was hitting the bike head on. (if you don't make a note of the arrows, you won't know which way to move the light as it's hard to see where the front view of your characters are.) Once that was in place I rendered it out.

I don't wanna make out that the picture is such a big deal or anything, I just wanted to share with you what I did.
    For me personally, lighting is always top of the list. I always use the HDR Pro Sets Urban Recreation distant lights in everything I do. Why...
    Because I'm worth it -- flicks hair to one side and smiles with a sparkle on his tooth.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I never knew the Breaking products were sold here at DAZ. I have three of them myself and I only found them at Rendo. I do agree 100% about items being used in out of the Box ways. I often KIT BASH to get things that just are not sold but parts of items from other sets work perfectly in it's place.

• JOHNGARRETTJOHNGARRETT Posts: 127
    edited December 1969

Great work on this one. It really does look like you captured 1 split-second of time as they were in motion. Like time could suddenly start again and they'd burst into movement.

edited December 1969

Hey Jaderail, what's Rendo?

@jgstyle - thanks!