Genesis 2 Jaw Issue After DSON Import

Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 541
edited February 2018 in Poser Discussion

I've having an odd issue with importing Genesis 2 Female (haven't tried the male yet).  The upper/lower jaw and teeth show up behind the head and I can't move them.  It's been awhile since I've used DSON so I am not sure what the issue is.  Has anyone come across this and found a solution?

Thanks.

EDIT to add:  I am using Poser 11.

Post edited by Muon Quark on

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771
    edited February 2018

It's a bug that manifests itself in GenX2's morphs.  Fortunately I saved the fix from RDNA, written by Willdial:

"*It didn't occur in previous versions of Poser. After a couple of hours of research, I found the offending morphs. They were created by the Genesis Generation X2.

Morphs
    Face -> Generation X -> Fix -> Upper Jaw Translate Z
    Face -> Generation X -> Fix -> Lower Jaw Translate Z

Internal Names
    Upper Jaw Translate Z -> GXF_G2F_TransZUpJaw
    Lower Jaw Translate Z -> GXF_G2F_TransZLowJaw

The two morphs have a Min value set to 100 and a Max value set to -100. Logically, they are backwards. Poser 11 cannot handle it.

The Fix
    I edited the following files to set the Min to -100 and the Max to 100. Note: When editing DSF files, always make backups.

Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\D3D Gen X\GXF_G2F_TransZLowJaw.dsf
    Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\D3D Gen X\GXF_G2F_TransZUpJaw.dsf

That fixed the problem. I tested some the dependent morphs and they worked fine."

NOTE that those DSF files were compressed, exactly like some Poser files are compressed. I use 7-zip to edit them them. In Windows, right click on the file, and from the 7-zip entry, select Open Archive. Right click on the file within the archive, select edit, make the change in the editor window, and save it from the menu. 7-zip will ask if you want to save the changes, which you do.

Alternatively one can extract the file from the compressed dsf, edit it and add the .dsf extension after moving the original dsf file elsewhere, but it's very straightforward to do in 7-zip, which is a free download here...

http://www.7-zip.org/

EDIT; I use the same library within Studio, and have not noticed any issues there after editing these files...

Post edited by WandW on
  • WandW said:

It's a bug that manifests itself in GenX2's morphs.  Fortunately I saved the fix from RDNA, written by Willdial:

"*It didn't occur in previous versions of Poser. After a couple of hours of research, I found the offending morphs. They were created by the Genesis Generation X2.

Morphs
    Face -> Generation X -> Fix -> Upper Jaw Translate Z
    Face -> Generation X -> Fix -> Lower Jaw Translate Z

Internal Names
    Upper Jaw Translate Z -> GXF_G2F_TransZUpJaw
    Lower Jaw Translate Z -> GXF_G2F_TransZLowJaw

The two morphs have a Min value set to 100 and a Max value set to -100. Logically, they are backwards. Poser 11 cannot handle it.

The Fix
    I edited the following files to set the Min to -100 and the Max to 100. Note: When editing DSF files, always make backups.

Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\D3D Gen X\GXF_G2F_TransZLowJaw.dsf
    Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\D3D Gen X\GXF_G2F_TransZUpJaw.dsf

That fixed the problem. I tested some the dependent morphs and they worked fine."

NOTE that those DSF files were compressed, exactly like some Poser files are compressed. I use 7-zip to edit them them. In Windows, right click on the file, and from the 7-zip entry, select Open Archive. Right click on the file within the archive, select edit, make the change in the editor window, and save it from the menu. 7-zip will ask if you want to save the changes, which you do.

Alternatively one can extract the file from the compressed dsf, edit it and add the .dsf extension after moving the original dsf file elsewhere, but it's very straightforward to do in 7-zip, which is a free download here...

http://www.7-zip.org/

EDIT; I use the same library within Studio, and have not noticed any issues there after editing these files...

Thanks!  I will try that when I get home from work.  Yea, I have my Poser Genesis libraries in with the DS libraries.  They've co-existed quite nicely.

Thanks again!

• Worked perfectly.  Thanks Wand!!

• @WandW - Thanks for the fix. I just had to use it as well. Worked great!