More Camera blur

Is there anyway to get more blur in cameras on DAZ other the adjusting F/Stop
Compared to Photoshop the blur is still not good as it is now. In some
closeups i want total blur in the background!

Comments

• Photoshop does an actual 3D blur? In theory, I believe, the focal length should be a factor, though I'm not sure it works that way in Iray.

• Photoshop does an actual 3D blur? In theory, I believe, the focal length should be a factor, though I'm not sure it works that way in Iray.

Do you mean like with a ordinary Camera and use a Zoom lens at a distance from the object?

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,016

You'll want to adjust the f-stop inside the camera (select the camera on scene, then open the parameters tab, look at the camera settings, enabling perspective and lower the f-stop number there). The shorter that number is, the more blur you'll get.

• You'll want to adjust the f-stop inside the camera (select the camera on scene, then open the parameters tab, look at the camera settings, enabling perspective and lower the f-stop number there). The shorter that number is, the more blur you'll get.

I tried that and also with the focal lenght but it stiill not blurry enough. I have seen images in the gallery that had
                       total blur of a scene in the background - How do they achive that?

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Two of my test images and the settings used.

dof-test-001.jpg
    189 x 249 - 26K
    dof-test-image-001.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 557K
    dof-test-002.jpg
    193 x 237 - 30K
    dof-test-image-002.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 713K
  • Now mover her face right up in front of the camera - Those values dosent do anything!

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Don't move her, zoom in and change the focal length of the camera.