Thumbnails for .duf files?

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

When I get a new environement I like to open it up and play with it for a bit, kit bash, lighting ect...then I'll save it as a scene so that later when I want to us it, it's ready to rock and roll. That was all fine and good in the beginning but now, I have a dozen living rooms, a half dozen basements, 3-4 garages, multiple retail establishments ect...and when I look at my scene folder, I don't always load the environment I want because I get the names mixed up. Is there a way to make the thumbnail a picture instead of just a .DUF symbol?

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,016

Yes, you can render a scene 91x91 px and save it as a png with the exact same name as the duf file. Then place it in the same folder, replacing the DAZ generated thumbnail. If you want to include a pop-up with a larger thumbnail, add a 256x256 png image, with the same name as the smaller thumb, but add a .tip to the end.

For example:

• Scene_01.duf (<-- this is the name of your DAZ scene).
    • Scene_01.png (<--this is your small thumbnail -91x91 png)
    • Scene_01.tip (<-this is your larger thumbnail -256x256 png).
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Your question @DDCreate is the 3rd or 4th I've seen about thumbnails in the past few weeks; so i added an article on my blog talking about Daz Studio Thumbnails. Mostly it just expands on Fenix's points about the default and tip thumbnails.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,016
    Thanks for that, @JonnyRay! I didn't know about creating a thumbnail for a folder, so that's something I might also include in our products moving forward! Do you know if the tip image would also work for the folder?
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    Thanks for that, @JonnyRay! I didn't know about creating a thumbnail for a folder, so that's something I might also include in our products moving forward! Do you know if the tip image would also work for the folder?

No, the tip file doesn't work. Studio doesn't do the popup dialog with metadata information for folders.