Daz Studio 4.11 Pro, General Release!

14567810»

Comments

• marble said:

I just discovered that the old Active Pose tool bug is still not fixed. I don't know why they release these updates while ignoring reported and verified bugs. I had assumed it would be fixed, went ahead and used the tool only to have it crash without warning. Just like it did when it was reported during the beta phase.

As I understand things it depends on priority (set by marketing), risk (determined by the devs - how likely altering soemthing is to have knock-on effects), impact (how many people are affected, if there's a workaround, how common the trigger is), and resources. Not every bug will be fixed as soon as it is reported.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    marble said:

I just discovered that the old Active Pose tool bug is still not fixed. I don't know why they release these updates while ignoring reported and verified bugs. I had assumed it would be fixed, went ahead and used the tool only to have it crash without warning. Just like it did when it was reported during the beta phase.

As I understand things it depends on priority (set by marketing), risk (determined by the devs - how likely altering soemthing is to have knock-on effects), impact (how many people are affected, if there's a workaround, how common the trigger is), and resources. Not every bug will be fixed as soon as it is reported.

Well, "soon" is a relative term. Months ago would be in the ball park with this bug. Hopefully, if they skipped it in 4.11 they might address it in 4.12 (or the new IK will diminsh the need for Active Pose like the new timeline made KeyMate & GraphMate obsolete).

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,437
    edited August 2019

Not every bug will be fixed as soon as it is reported.

That's fair and common in almost any software around. It would be useful though to have a "known issues" document reporting what's not fixed and known to be broken, as it is often done in other softwares.

Post edited by Padone on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited August 2019

Feature Requests:

1) For this IK I would like 'handles' that coulded added and easily made visible/invisiable , that similar to the Universal had areas on the UI icon to would push, pull, twist selected IK (chain) in the direction of the X, Y, Z as marked OR in relation to perpendictual/parallel to the ground plane OR in relation to the perpendicular/parallel to the selected camera view/perspecitive view/other selected view (Top/Left/Right/...). I would be not to turn on the IK Chain locks for the select IK with the padlock on the IK UI handle too.

One can watch on how to create IK & IK handle tutorials in Blender on YouTube have a better ideal of what I mean. Something easy & obvious as to its effect when manipulated in the viewport. An eye icon to turn IK UI visibility off/on in the viewport would be nice to since the viewport is the place to animate.

2) Oh, and a slider mode / typed digit / mouse toggle directly on each axis of the IK UI controller for the selected IK in the viewport would be super - just clink on the little keyboard/mouse/measuring cup to cycle through the different I/O input & display types in the viewport.

3) PiP of up to 4 views extra visible in the main viewport view, example Top/Left/Right/Front/Back/Bottom where the PiP windows a autosized and aligned in a column on the left side of the viewport. If then the animator is working on the left side of the viewport & the PiPs are obstructing vision & access to the IK handles then the PiPs can easily be sent to the right side, the top, or the bottom of the main viewport window.

The PiPs are for learning amateur animators such as myself that aren't good at visualized what moving their mouse on a 2D screen or typing in numbers on a slider or moving a slider in the posing/parameters tab is actually doing in 3D space to the object being posed. With PiPs for the Top/Bottom/Right/Left/Front/Back/Perspective/"Camera Choices"  all available for the up to 4 PiP windows then that difficulty is made tremendously easier to work around.

Oops, wrong thread I meant to post it to the DS 4.12+  PB thread but the ticket number for the feature request is 306667

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Padone said:

Not every bug will be fixed as soon as it is reported.

That's fair and common in almost any software around. It would be useful though to have a "known issues" document reporting what's not fixed and known to be broken, as it is often done in other softwares.

It would, but it would take time away from actually fixing bugs since it would require developer attention to generate such a list of known issues. Daz does an internal bug-tracker, of course, but that no doubt contains information about forthcoming features (and other internal matters) so it can't simply be shown to the rest of us.

• Hello. Is there any way to get daz studio 4.11 for mac 64? If you ask, no, I never downloaded it, so I don't have the backup installer. I only have the old daz studio 4.5. I understand that daz wants users have the most recent version, but they could maintain the current and the previous versions, just in case. My mac is a bit old (9 years), and I think that there are some things that could be very slow, or directly don't work.

Thanks in advance. Sergio.

• Hello. Is there any way to get daz studio 4.11 for mac 64? If you ask, no, I never downloaded it, so I don't have the backup installer. I only have the old daz studio 4.5. I understand that daz wants users have the most recent version, but they could maintain the current and the previous versions, just in case. My mac is a bit old (9 years), and I think that there are some things that could be very slow, or directly don't work.

Thanks in advance. Sergio.

All I can suggest is opening a support ticket, though you might post details of your system to the Mac FAQ thread and see if soemone there can advise you on using 4.12.0.86 on your system.

• Downloaded the 4.12 and it does not get along with my computer(old and not desent enough graphics and ram).

Why is there not a place to download previous versions of daz studio(like 4.11 who played nice with my old graphics card and ram)

Now I have 3 options:

1] download it on some shady site and get infected with virus

2] wait till I have enough money to upgrade my computer

3} or throw all the money I spent on content in the water. 

• Hi Guys

As my PC is a bit old I would be very grateful in some one give the link to download daz3d studio 4.11

Thank you all for your time and help

Dr. Atef Sawi

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

dratefs_deed8d8b6c said:

Hi Guys

As my PC is a bit old I would be very grateful in some one give the link to download daz3d studio 4.11

Thank you all for your time and help

Dr. Atef Sawi

File a help ticket  using the Contact us button which you wil find at the bottom of every page one the site,  and ask for a copy of the version you need.  CS are ussually very helpful and Daz 3d is the only place that you can acquire a legal copy of an older version of Daz Studio.