Bryce Render Challenge number 38 «« UNCANNY »»

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited October 2019 in Bryce Discussion

38th Daz3D Bryce Render challenge                       

Now Sponsored by Daz 3D                                                     

Theme for this challenge is   »»UNCANNY««

*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*

As this Contest period does include halloween (Samhain, Calan Gaeaf, Kalan Gwav, Noche de Brujas, Allahelgona, Day of the Dead or whatever your fancy is) Uncanny seemed a good theme. 

Of course you don't have to use goulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and

things that go bump in the night.

Uncanny means strange or mysterious; difficult or impossible to explain, can also mean seeming to have a supernatural character or origin : eerie, mysterious, or it can be being beyond what is normal or expected : suggesting superhuman or supernatural powers,
                                                 so do your worse,

or do I mean do your best.   LOL

Should be Fun                                                                                 

Your imagination is the only limit

This thread is the WIP thread, so you can post here to show us how things are coming along before the render is transferred to the actual Contest thread for judging. You don't have to do that.we collect up all the finished ones and make the thread, with each render given a number and title, but no artist name shown, so it's a blind judging thread for the judging panel.

Rules

• 

All renders must be new renders.
  • 

You can enter up to 3 renders.
  • 

You must abide by the DAZ 3D forum TOS
  • 

Imported content is allowed, but the render must be obviously a Bryce render.
  • 

Post Work permitted, but please keep it to a minimum.
  • 

Rules may be changed for subsequent Challenges, depending on the theme and the person who has selected it.
  •  

Please don't post your entry renders anywhere else until after the Challenge is judged, as judging is done in a blind judging thread, so the Judges don't know who has done which image.

Challenge ends Nov 30th 2019:- Midnight DAZ 3D time

DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit

Ist place $30     2nd place $20     3rd place $15

In addition DAZ 3D Store Credit will be given to the people whose renders are selected as the Honourable mentions,
$10 for each of 3 honorable mentions

We will also be offering a special prize for the render judged the best from a Bryce New User. DAZ 3D will add $10.

Judged by a poll which will be set up at closure of the challenge.

By entering this contest, you agree to allow DAZ3D to use any artwork you submit in any promotional materials they may choose

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

_and No. 1  (comment) YAY-YAY _

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

-and could be the Uncanny X-Men _then ??

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

this should be a tough one... a real challenge...good one

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956
    mtnmen said:

this should be a tough one... a real challenge...good one

I agree

• Cool topic .. I already have an idea ...

• Now that sounds like a fun challenge :-)

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821
    edited October 2019

My first entry is inspired by an old song by the Police.
    Title: Every breath you take ...

Post edited by Chohole on
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited October 2019

drachenlords, nicely done! Reminds me (of?) this movie https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I.T._(film)

And, yeah...

i'm always watching you

yikes!

Post edited by akmerlow on

Wow Drachenlords, magnificent concept and render, awesome work

drachenlords... great image ... alot going on on tha console... very cool

• a cool theme....

Drachenlords: well done.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

drachenlords - really excellent idea and render.

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821
    edited October 2019

Thanks to all for the nice comments

Post edited by drachenlords on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

drachenlords     I have sent you a PM  

• Okay, I thought about it. Please ignore my first post. THIS is my first entry:

Come and play with me

Come, play with me.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Drachenlords: Your first one was cool. but I guess against the DAZ forum rules. This one is really uncanny, scary, gruesome and bloody well done!

drachenlords - sorry to hear that your first work wasn't accepted. Now this one is very uncanny, I'm not going to play with her.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

drachenlords:

"Come and play with me" - Halloween classic here!

• Thanks to all for the nice comments

• My second entry:

Last ticket

Take it, the flight is really cheap ....

Last Ticket.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Drachenlords: Must be a very cheap ticket. Well done render. I assume the airport and plane are a background? 

• Thank you, Hansmar. Yes, everything outside the building is just a background.

drachenlords - very well done render. I wouldn't mind the date very much but this guy has something creepy to him, he doesn't induce any confidence in me.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

drachenlords : both excellent entries. Well done.

• @ Horo. Thank you. And yes, I think this company should reconsider their staff again :)

@ adbc: Thank you.

Drachenlords - both your entries are excellent

• Drachenlords: both are very well done. Friday, 13.... funny.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Drachenlords: your first two entries are fantastic.  I am sorry I missed that which must be removed.

Fun theme.  I've got an idea for this challenge.  And, I managed to get one of my claymation dudes from Carrara through a few programs to Bryce.  Now, if I can just remember how I did it.  frown

@drachenlords... Friday the 13th and all... very clever and really very uncanny

• Thanks for the nice comments, mermaid, yellow pen, diomede and mtnmen