How do I cancel a render once started?

rnollmanrnollman Posts: 310
edited December 1969 in New Users

Is there some way do display the progress of the render?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Which render type you using? 3Delight has a progress bar and a Cancel button both.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

rnollman said:

Is there some way do display the progress of the render?

To display progress, render to a new window. After it's finished the title and where to save info will be available and you can either save or ditch the render.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

By default the progress bar appears mid-screen, and since it belongs to DS and not the render window it is hidden. Bring the application window to the front, then drag the progress bar to one side so that it won't be hidden by the render in future (its position should be remembered). There's also a cancel button at bottom-right of the render window, butt hat will close the render which you may not want if you were trying to check something.

• MonerdaMonerda Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

I'm on Mac OSX 10.6.8 (Daz 4.6) and once a render or dynamic cloth simulation is underway the cancel button is ineffective. Not being able to cancel a render is something I can live with but Opti-Tex suggests to get a better drape in dynamic cloth to start a drape, let it relax the cloth some and then cancel, followed by resuming the drape.

Is there a hot key or anything equivalent to Ctrl-C that I can use to cancel a simulation besides the button?

edited December 1969

Update: It seems that merely clicking the Cancel button is not enough however I can manage to get renders and cloth sims to halt by pressing the character "C" multiple times and then pressing the button again.

Unfortunately by the time I get a cloth sim cancelled it has progressed too far due to the lag.

I'll keep experimenting and post if I make any progress :)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited December 1969

I would say Command-. is what should do it but DS only listens to click in cancel. But I have experienced renders where cancel wont work, but I have never successfully been able to recreate it in such way that it can be bugreported, it just sometimes is ignored, the same way tldmake sometimes rarely fails to run having a render stalling, DS works in mysterious ways ;-)

edited December 1969

I will sure give Command- a try Totte. At least now if I time it right or get really lucky, I can get a decent looking drape lol