Content only available in Pro Bundle?

I bought DAZ Horse 2 some time ago. Now I'm trying to find a variety of textures/skins, but after searching for info on this, it seems there isn't a separate product for them - I have to purchase the pro bundle to get them...? I hope I'm wrong. The pro bundle is on sale right now, but it's still $70+ and I already own five of the fourteen products in it. Am I missing something? Is it normal for a pro bundle to have content that can't be purchased separately? I don't normally purchase them because they include items I would never use...

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

You are not wrong. You have to purchase the Pro Bundle to get ALL the Daz Horse 2 textures. Been a thorn in my side too.

Laurie

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786

Looks like a fun job for someone if they wanted to create third party textures

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Horse_coat_colors

• I don't understand why DAZ would do this. Is it just Horse 2, I wonder, or is it standard procedure to make some add-ons only available through pro bundles?

AllenArt said:

You are not wrong. You have to purchase the Pro Bundle to get ALL the Daz Horse 2 textures. Been a thorn in my side too.

Laurie

edited October 2019

I don't understand why DAZ would do this. Is it just Horse 2, I wonder, or is it standard procedure to make some add-ons only available through pro bundles?

AllenArt said:

Laurie

Anatomical elements spring to mind

but at least you get a choice of pro bundles so can avoid duplication 

it was not just Horse 2, I believe a similar issue with the Millennium cat

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

I don't understand why DAZ would do this. Is it just Horse 2, I wonder, or is it standard procedure to make some add-ons only available through pro bundles?

AllenArt said:

Laurie

Do those come with, uh, anatomical elements?

Sevrin said:

AllenArt said:

Laurie

Do those come with, uh, anatomical elements?

The animal have them as morphs

I was referring to DAZ people and their policies

afraid this got a bit misinterpreted 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

There are a few bundles that come with extra items not available separately, even non-Daz Originals like Toon Generations...

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

Cat has anatomical elements morphs? I never found any, only for the dog and horse. No idea if either of my Daz moggies are boys or girls.

edited October 2019

And to clarify further I was actually referring to cat coats/textures only in a bundle

as I said that got a bit misinterpreted 

that said the LE cat does not have genitalia but the full one with the breeds does have a boy morph

I have in fact dialed it up once to post in a thread about nudity cheeky

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I bought DAZ Horse 2 some time ago. Now I'm trying to find a variety of textures/skins, but after searching for info on this, it seems there isn't a separate product for them - I have to purchase the pro bundle to get them...? I hope I'm wrong. The pro bundle is on sale right now, but it's still $70+ and I already own five of the fourteen products in it. Am I missing something? Is it normal for a pro bundle to have content that can't be purchased separately? I don't normally purchase them because they include items I would never use...

I don't know if it will help, but contact Customer Service and point out that you believe Daz needs to update the bundles to turn "DAZ Horse 2 Starter Content" and "DAZ Horse 2 Pro Content" into separate "Hides and Breeds" products like they did for both Centaur 7 and Centaur 8 figures. Mention that as an owner of the Daz Horse 2 figure, you'd be willing to pay for one or both of these products, but it doesn't make sense to you to purchase the pro bundle unless or until the price is inline with what you'd pay for the two "Hides and Breeds" products, if they were available.

Daz is a company, and like any company, they will provide products based on what people want. If customers don't let them know how they feel about such basic content as texture and morph addons being available as products separate from the Pro/Starter bundles, it will never happen. If they don't believe they will make more money by separating the content from the bundles, it won't happen.

And even if customers can convince them, there may be reasons they'll never say that prevent them from doing so, (in spite of the fact variations of those morphs and the body textures are part of the centaur hides and breeds products.) The PA who created those textures is no longer a PA here, which could affect what they can and cannot do with those textures.

Remember, there are far too many threads and posts for Daz to keep track of, so if you want Daz to know what you think or how you feel, about anything, you need to tell them directly via the Contact Us link in the footer below.

• Thanks L'Adair, I may just do that. And thanks to everyone who responded here. 

L'Adair said:

I don't know if it will help, but contact Customer Service and point out that you believe Daz needs to update the bundles to turn "DAZ Horse 2 Starter Content" and "DAZ Horse 2 Pro Content" into separate "Hides and Breeds" products like they did for both Centaur 7 and Centaur 8 figures.

• bk007dragonbk007dragon Posts: 113
    edited October 2019

Horse 2 was released back during the Genesis 2 generation.   Much like other daz products, it has seen add on's released over time.   Some PA's did release a couple of Iray skin texture produces for horse 2.  THe links are below.  

https://www.daz3d.com/idg-iray-essentials-daz-horse-2-and-centaur-7

https://www.daz3d.com/da-horse-2-iray-material-presets

Post edited by bk007dragon on
  • Thanks bk007dragon, but those products convert the existing 3Delight textures that come with Horse 2 to iray. I own the DA Horse one, plus this one: https://www.daz3d.com/hd-dark-knight-for-daz-horse-2, which is great.

Horse 2 was released back during the Genesis 2 generation.   Much like other daz products, it has seen add on's released over time.   Some PA's did release a couple of Iray skin texture produces for horse 2.  THe links are below.  

https://www.daz3d.com/idg-iray-essentials-daz-horse-2-and-centaur-7

https://www.daz3d.com/da-horse-2-iray-material-presets

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

I encountered this same issue awhile back when I was wanting additional skins for the horse 2. Luckily someone had remapped the horse 2 to take the horse 1 skins and postd it as a freebie. Sadly it is no longer online for new users to have access to it

• Oh, man, that would've been nice... 

I encountered this same issue awhile back when I was wanting additional skins for the horse 2. Luckily someone had remapped the horse 2 to take the horse 1 skins and postd it as a freebie. Sadly it is no longer online for new users to have access to it

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

And to clarify further I was actually referring to cat coats/textures only in a bundle

as I said that got a bit misinterpreted 

that said the LE cat does not have genitalia but the full one with the breeds does have a boy morph

I have in fact dialed it up once to post in a thread about nudity cheeky

Strange, I have the full Daz MilCat and there is no boy morph to be seen in either daz Studio or Poser. Are you sure it wasn't another product that did that? Then again, maybe I have a broken -- er, neutered kitteh. frown

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited October 2019

...crikey the starter content is almost half the cost of the Pro bundle even with the PC DO discount.

Interesting that we get starter essentials for the human figures as part of the Daz programme.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

it was a couple years ago, i'd put in a support ticket, saying i wanted to buy the pro bundle,they refunded the DH2 base I'd paid.

an upgrade path would be uberific.  i wouldn't pay for a pro bundle if i already have a piece of it.  dont always have the moola when a figure first comes out.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

....same here, I only picked up the base figure hoping there would be more breeds/textures released down the road.  30$ for the Starter Content is out of my budget.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited October 2019

Not only Daz Horse 2 :

• Pace Bundle includes bonus Stretched-lobe Earrings
    • Cyberpunk Subway Station Bundle includes a bonus scene
    • Michael 4 Pro Bundle includes extra poses
    • Iray Converter for Genesis and Generation 4 Bundle includes bonus scripts

It's a little reward for the "loyal" consumers like the bonus content when you preorder a game.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • I encountered this same issue awhile back when I was wanting additional skins for the horse 2. Luckily someone had remapped the horse 2 to take the horse 1 skins and postd it as a freebie. Sadly it is no longer online for new users to have access to it

You know, if it was a free product just posted without being in the store you can probably just grab the UVs and repost it.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,003
    edited October 2019

You know, if it was a free product just posted without being in the store you can probably just grab the UVs and repost it.

Just because it was a freebie doesn’t mean you’re allowed to redistribute it. The license usually doesn’t allow it.

Post edited by Leana on
  • I encountered this same issue awhile back when I was wanting additional skins for the horse 2. Luckily someone had remapped the horse 2 to take the horse 1 skins and postd it as a freebie. Sadly it is no longer online for new users to have access to it

Recently, I saw a free MilHorse for Horse 2 clone to allow use of the old skins but I can't remember which site. If I find it again, I will update this post

• In today's PC+ sale, it's buy two new releases to get 30% off "Today's Special Items" and luckily there are some great new products to choose from (Steven!), and the DAZ Horse 2 Pro Bundle was included in the special items category. I got it for $18. I guess that's the solution to this conundrum - wait for it to go on sale! laugh

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

Yeah, while I have the Horse 2 Pro Bundle already there are a couple of other pro bundles I own most of the individual content for that it would be nice to be able to buy the pro bundle for those pro bundles at a prorated price.