Miley Cyrus Style Xmas Wrecking Ball Freebie

mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
edited December 1969 in Freebies

You'll never see that video in the same way again...:)

http://www.sparkyworld.co.uk/3d10own.htm

Comments

• mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
    edited December 1969

Inspired by a bit of popular culture and a christmas pudding.

Heres an xmas pud on a chain, a busted wall set in the style of the music vid and an extra bit of chain if needed. Also handy for christmas earrings or even just an pudding if you hide the chain material.

xmasturkey20136002.jpg
    600 x 300 - 25K
  • fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

Oh my goodness this is hilarious but it looks good!

edited December 1969

Oh my goodness this is hilarious but it looks good!

Mrs Sparky says it's a sign that the Xmas music in shops "is" having an effect :)

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

My ball is bigger.

- Thanks anyway MrSparky.

WrecklingPudding.jpg
    960 x 720 - 60K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

My late Mother-in-law could have done with one of these to assist in breaking the crust on her home made mince pies. :coolgrin:

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,269
    edited December 1969

Another winner and good laugh. I saw that music video, that girl needs to spend a few weeks in a straight jacket...lol

Side Note...to make a purchase at your site, can you use credit cards, cause I don't have paypal?

• Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited December 2013

Thank you, thank you, mrsparky!
    Such fantastic freebies. God bless you, my friend, for all your hard work! :)

Post edited by Teresa Tyllo on
    edited December 1969

tjeb - LOL!
    BTW -whats the 3delight logo in the corner - is that a new renderer?

chohole - you ain't experienced my cooking yet :)

CalieVee - thanks.
    Nope like most poser sites mine only uses paypal, taking credit cards would simply be too expensive.
    Plus some UK processors don't take cards from some US banks (and the other way around).

Though paypal takes credit cards, or you could get a prepay visa and top it up.
    I know some folks who do that to control their poser and studio addiction :)

Teresa Tyllo - Thanks.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

CalieVee said:
    Another winner and good laugh. I saw that music video, that girl needs to spend a few weeks in a straight jacket...lol

Side Note...to make a purchase at your site, can you use credit cards, cause I don't have paypal?

You don't need to have an account with PayPal to use them to pay for things. You can use your credit card through them. Although I think a PayPal account is a good thing.

Dana

• i cant dowloand

• StargazeyStargazey Posts: 238
    edited February 2023

If downloads don't work, I think it may be to do with security settings in the browser. For me Chrome does nothing. Edge will download the files, but gives a security warning!

Post edited by Stargazey on
  • I am actually impressed that someone raises a 10 year old thread from the dead an the product is still downloadable.

• Personally, my ghast has been completely flabbered. Regards, Richard.
    edited February 2023

I am actually impressed that someone raises a 10 year old thread from the dead an the product is still downloadable.

You wanna see the state of my desk... there's stuff there dating back to the 1940s wink 

Seriously though yea I know the download links on my site don't work properly.  I think it's either something to do with the CSS or because the link is HTTP rather than HTTPS.

As for a simple solution, right click any link and click copy link, then paste that into your browser.

As for the site itself, sadly a few years back my day job (I'm a carer) pretty much took over my life and all things 3d had to take a holiday. Just happened to be a very long holiday sad But I've kept the site alive so that the files are still there if anyone wants them and amazingly many people still do. So do I have any plans for the site in future ? I really hope so, because for many years (I think I started in 97) 3d art stuff was a big part of my life. A part that I miss and would like to get back into it. Especially now high quality 3d printing is just a Elego Mars 2 Pro away.  

Post edited by mrsparky on
    edited February 2023

And yes, if I can return you can be sure what I make will still be different.
    Like here for example, created to solve a real world model making problem... 

Bricks

... most model makers like to aim for a sense of minature realism. 
    Which sometimes can be a challenge and bricks are one of those challenges.
    You can use washes and/or higlight indivual bricks on a model building, but that's time consuming and doesn't always look right.

So what if you could make model bricks in multiple colours and sizes, ones with a realistic feel and texture that wouldn’t need painting?
    Yes you can, either buy pre-made model bricks, made from actual powdered brick.
    Or use pigments, oxides and dyes mixed into Hydrocal (a brand of heavy duty “strong” plaster) which is poured into shop bought silicone moulds. 

---

But you'll be paying top dollar to do that. Plus given the small size and extreme thinness of such things it means fragility is a major issue.

So after much experientation and research I created this...

image image

...I know it's not unqiue, afterwards I found there are similar systems out there, but this approach attempts to solve this in several easy ways. 

Firstly the former doesn't need to be bent or broken apart, you simply put blue painters tape on one side.
    Then once the bricks are dry, just press them out.     

---

Secondly, unless you buy loads of moulds, many systems only allow the production of a few bricks each time.
    With this approach the first mould is 3d printed.
    While this only takes 10-15 minutes to print, cleaning 3d resin prints takes a lot longer and is very messy. 

The solution ? print one, then use a small amount of 2 part silicone rubber moulding kit and make a mould from the print. 
    This mould then allows you to cast multiple copies of the print using 2 part resin. 
    2 part resin is also cheaper and stronger than the resin used in 3d printing. 

---

Third the brick meduim.

Hydrocal style plasters are brillant, but they are not cheap.
    Strong plasters like MouldCast are cheap, but not as strong as Hydrocal.
    So the trick is to add stuff that makes MouldCast stronger.

Or more precisely Matte Modge-Podge. 
    While this isn’t the exact same polymer as in Hydrocal style products, it’s close enough.
    Plus this glue totally matte unlike standard PVA glue. 

Hamster sand and tile grout are also used to add texture. 
    The latter also has several other advantages, such as it contains an adhesive which strengthens the mixture and it’s crack resistant. 
    Plus it can be used a mortar for the model bricks.

To add colour to the bricks use nothing more than acrylic paint. 
    Either artist’s acrylics or cheap sample pots of household paints.

bricks0002.jpg
    600 x 520 - 76K
    Post edited by mrsparky on