Oso Pixie Dragon for Daz Dragon 3 [Commercial]

Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886
edited October 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products

And for my next trick...

https://www.daz3d.com/oso-pixie-dragon-for-daz-dragon-3

Cute, feathery dragons to fill your fantasy scenes! Or you could use the feathers on larger, more fearsome creatures.

The feathers are dForce hair.

Post edited by Oso3D on

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Awww-dorable!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,725
    edited October 2019

The little guy went into my cart immediately, unfortunately, DIM gave me 'Download Failed' twice. I had three other items to download, that went without issue. Since it is a Saturday, I expect it may not get fixed until Monday, so I am going to whine and be frustrated. He is so ... I want to play with him!

Mary

(Yeah, I could do it manually, but, I struggle with freebies and stuff from elsewhere. Prefer DIM thinking for me.)

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

The little guy went into my care immediately, unfortunately, DIM gave me 'Download Failed' twice. I had three other items to download, that went without issue. Since it is a Saturday, I expect it may not get fixed until Monday, so I am going to whine and be frustrated. He is so ... I want to play with him!

Mary

(Yeah, I could do it manually, but, I struggle with freebies and stuff from elsewhere. Prefer DIM thinking for me.)

I had the same error both on DIM and on manual download (where it said File not found), and I put in a ticket. Hopefully we can play with the cute dragon soon:-)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Eeep! Well, Daz will get that sorted out, sorry!

The feathers were something I had considered doing with the owlbear but at the time I couldn’t get them to look right.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    Oso3D said:

The feathers were something I had considered doing with the owlbear but at the time I couldn’t get them to look right.

That would have been very cool!

• Super cute!!

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Oso3D said:

It'll be alright. I'll just have to make do with my other toys for now *g*

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,725

Well, I am going to have to create a new file catagory where I place copies of the pdfs of purchased products, just for your cuties. I have Owl Bear and Draco Furo, and quite simply, they are heartwarming and cuddly. The Pixie Dragon hit me in my heart just like the promo picture of the Draco Furo. Worth waiting for.

Keep up the great work.

Mary

Aww, thank you! I appreciate it.

• Oh, so cute...!  I have a question, though - the 'features' list says PixieDragon Figure 3DL... does that mean that there are actually the 3DL textures for it?  Or is it just one texture, or...?

• E-ArkhamE-Arkham Posts: 733

These remind me of old school archaeopteryx renditions.  Really cool!

There's one 3DL material preset. However, it should be pretty easy to tweak the coloring a fair amount, or use other 3dl shaders or whatnot; I provided it to be a nice starting point to do what you want.

It's UberSurface based.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

Reminds me of Arki's Piccolo. Which was a standalone figure. Much more efficient to make it an add-on to an existing figure.

Really chaming. I'm looking forward to be able to use it. (I'm stuck with the inoperative download button as well. All I get is a downloaded .html page with a 403 error.)

I'll whip up some alternate images to show it off.

Not in 3dl, that takes sooo long heh

• DIM error for me too :(

There's probably some basic installer problem.

Here's the Red Gold stuff on a big regular dragon... I reduced the scale of the 'fur' on the head. (The covering is two objects; a body-focused Fur set of feathers, and a wing-oriented, well, WingFeathers object)

BigDragon.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 467K
  • Is the Dforce needed or an optional accessory?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

I suspect the download page just doesn't actually connect to the product. Probably easy enough to fix once there's someone available to do it. It sounds like none of the available download options work.

The feathers are dForce hair. If you don't care about the feathers, you could certainly do that. I, at least, like the skin textures I came up with...

• Sorry, I was unclear - do you have to simulate the feathers to make them function?  Or can you just apply them and go?

Oh! Nah, you don't have to simulate them at all. Frankly I doubt you'd want to 99% of the time.

• Awesome!  Thanks so much for your help :-)  Even without the extra textures, I think this sweetling is going in my cart as a Hallowe'en treat!

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,609

Would this also work with wingless? I've been wanting for the longest time to be able to make a varactyl, which is a Star Wars creature that kind of looks like a cross between a giant iguana and a dragon without wings...and they have a crest of feathers on their head. I bought these guys but haven't tried it out yet. Either way they are adorable!

If you only want feathers as a crest, it's easy. Just remove the WingFeathers and apply the skin material to the Wingless anatomy.

Then, on the Fur, you 'turn off' the feathers on everything but the head. You can do this by setting hair density to 0, or, more absolutely, by changing Surface Group to Nul or Bacon or whatever. (Surface Group sets what hair is being generated; if it's not an existing surface, nothing is generated).

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

So cute, I had to grab them.  Thanks Will.

Oso3D said:

If you only want feathers as a crest, it's easy. Just remove the WingFeathers and apply the skin material to the Wingless anatomy.

Then, on the Fur, you 'turn off' the feathers on everything but the head. You can do this by setting hair density to 0, or, more absolutely, by changing Surface Group to Nul or Bacon or whatever. (Surface Group sets what hair is being generated; if it's not an existing surface, nothing is generated).

I'll give it a shot. This is a varactyl - 

https://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/EP3_IA_96276-1536x818.jpg

Here's a quicky workup.

To get the feathers more 'pointy' I lowered the Line End Width from 40 to 10. I used Komododreki ( https://www.daz3d.com/komododreki-the-komodo-dragon-hd ) for the basic body and I think https://www.daz3d.com/hfs-legendary-shapes-hd-for-daz-dragon-3 for some tweaks with the muzzle.

Finally, I think https://www.daz3d.com/desert-outpost is a very Star Wars-ish sort of location (used converter script to get it to Iray)

For a better Varactyl you'd probably want to tinker with the fur density maps to go down the spine. The gecko-like feet... well, got me, there's nothing I've seen like it in the store so far.

Desert.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 450K
    Oso3D said:

Here's a quicky workup.

To get the feathers more 'pointy' I lowered the Line End Width from 40 to 10. I used Komododreki ( https://www.daz3d.com/komododreki-the-komodo-dragon-hd ) for the basic body and I think https://www.daz3d.com/hfs-legendary-shapes-hd-for-daz-dragon-3 for some tweaks with the muzzle.

Finally, I think https://www.daz3d.com/desert-outpost is a very Star Wars-ish sort of location (used converter script to get it to Iray)

For a better Varactyl you'd probably want to tinker with the fur density maps to go down the spine. The gecko-like feet... well, got me, there's nothing I've seen like it in the store so far.

That's awesome! Yeah, the feet won't be perfect but it's still closer than I've ever been able to get. 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,773
    edited October 2019

Wow, first thickets, then this - how to be not insane with purchases.

Post edited by Artini on
  • kfox65kfox65 Posts: 59

I am also unable to download. I've tried using the Daz Install Manager - package fails. I've also tried downloading from the Product Library and get a "file not found" error.