The Non-DAZ3D Figure Render Thread

Comments

• eclark1849eclark1849 Posts: 211
    edited December 1969

They look great evilgidget!

• edited December 1969

Thanks Eclark, am missing seeing all the great things you do with Alyson2.

• nanette_0115ce69d8nanette_0115ce69d8 Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Wow, all these picutres took forever to load on my slow connection but the wait was worth it. Excellent work. Thank you for using Thabo - his companions - head textures for the other G2 males to match the same body - will be uploaded to Rendo's free stuff over the weekend.

• edited December 1969

Thank you Nanette, look forward to them.

edited December 1969

Thanks Eclark, am missing seeing all the great things you do with Alyson2.

Well, haven't actually done much with her lately. Although I do have a new webcomic out featuring Alyson 2 as the Title Character Crickett McGuire.

http://Clark.freehostia.com

• edited December 1969

I gave it a read, good job! Maybe if they ever fix thread sorting here more folks will come and at least repost their stuff from the old forum.

• edited December 1969

Playing with Alyson2 today.

ptestbw.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 466K
  • edited December 1969

Playing with the new girl from RDNA, MyMichelle.

brightenthosesummerblues.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 458K
  • TateTate Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Toying with some new morph targets for MyMichelle from RDNA in ZBrush. Michelle was modeled in Lightwave. Rendered in Poser 2012.
    My Michelle was created by Netherworks Studios and Myself.

michelle.jpg
    792 x 1066 - 400K
    edited December 1969

Lookin good evilgidget!

• edited December 1969

Lovely morph Tate77 and thank you. Here is my obligatory attempt at an elderly woman using MyMichelle. I borrowed the shader from one of BB's demos and the clothes from NanetteTredoux's Bella freebies.

downthestreetthere.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 434K
    edited December 1969

That is bloody brilliant! LOL! I love the skin shader and the lighting in this render! WOW!

• edited December 1969

Thank you. Here is another Michelle, this time relaxing in the bath.

bathingbeauty.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 367K
  • edited December 1969

And another Michelle play.

OntheWingsofJoy.jpg
    1200 x 1000 - 410K
  • edited December 1969

And still having fun.

dangerouslady.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 485K
  • edited December 1969

Still talking to myself. lol Alyson2 and Simon in their new Poserworld goodies.

improprieties.jpg
    1200 x 1000 - 429K
  • edited December 1969

Are You Going to Help?

Looks like Michelle will be cleaning the attic by herself. Mostly a clothing conversion test with the WW support for MyMichelle, so as usual, mostly just fun.

areyougoingto-help.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 447K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited August 2012

The early stages of something I'm considering for the next Dazaholics contest ... although if I do go forward, I'm probably swapping out G2 Simon and Antonia for Genesis figures.Riki and Behemoth don't matter so much, but Antonia and Simon are kind of a pain. Pity; I really like the SF Toni texture for her. (It also turns out that the only thing more difficult than finding manageable conforming clothing for Antonia Standard that will work in Studio is finding ANYTHING for a G2 male. All I wanted was a normal pair of briefs to retexture into a swimsuit, and as far as I can tell, they simply don't exist. Neither does a swimsuit. Briefs that would get me a TOS violation, on the other hand....)

Anyway: Secret Agent Antonia, her crew, and the corpse at hand. Or foot, as the case may be. He died hard. Very hard.

spygames-8-1002nights.png
    1198 x 887 - 2M
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • edited December 1969

Nicely done. You don't say what version of Poser you have, but Simon came with a pair of regular brief type swim trunks. If Poser 7, you'll find them in Props/ Poser 7/ P7 Male Clothes/ Poser 7 Casual. Even though they are in the props library, they are conforming swim trunks, though I don't use DS so I can't tell you whether or not DS will recognize them as such or not. Can't help too much as far as Antonia Standard goes, I use the weight mapped Antonia and since I use Poser, the conforming clothing that has been made for her works, but there is a fairly high percentage of dynamic clothing for her.

edited August 2012

Nicely done. You don't say what version of Poser you have, but Simon came with a pair of regular brief type swim trunks. If Poser 7, you'll find them in Props/ Poser 7/ P7 Male Clothes/ Poser 7 Casual. Even though they are in the props library, they are conforming swim trunks, though I don't use DS so I can't tell you whether or not DS will recognize them as such or not. Can't help too much as far as Antonia Standard goes, I use the weight mapped Antonia and since I use Poser, the conforming clothing that has been made for her works, but there is a fairly high percentage of dynamic clothing for her.

Thanks!

It would never have occurred to me to look for conforming clothing in Props; I'll have to check and see what's there. The version of Poser that I have is just Poser Debut, which I picked up for free during one of the Smith Micro promotions. It came with 20GB content, which seemed a pretty fair deal for something that didn't cost me anything, and I purchased a bit more when they went on sale. I've briefly debated buying Poser 2010 when I've seen it on sale, but I'd only be getting it to do a very small range of things, so it hasn't really seemed worth it to buy an outdated program -- and 9/2012 haven't been discounted enough to seem worth it. There was one pair of similarly sized shorts that came with Debut in the figures; I tried putting them on Simon and they went all explodey and spikey. The ones I finally could use came from Poserworld.

As far as I can tell, the big problem with conforming dresses for Antonia is that most of them seem to have been made for Antonia 1.2 and not for Antonia Standard, whatever version she is. Judging from the reaction of the dresses, between 1.2 and Standard, they reoriented her hip and nearby bones, so whenever you conform a dress to her, the skirt suddenly tilts at a sharp angle and can't be un-tilted without serious deformation. The Volatile dress from RDNA -- what she's wearing in my render -- is the only conforming dress I've found for Standard, and the only one that doesn't go all tiltawhirl when it's fitted to her. I like her, but she really is quite Poser-specific, which is understandable. Amy Aimei has made a few attempts at weight-mapping her for Studio, but it doesn't seem to have worked as well as she hoped.

• edited December 1969

I still have Poser 7 through PP2012 installed, but I only use PP2012 for the last year now.

Today we have MyMichelle again, this time with thanks to NanetteTredoux for another nice free skin.

showtime.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 330K
    edited August 2012

Nicely done. You don't say what version of Poser you have, but Simon came with a pair of regular brief type swim trunks. If Poser 7, you'll find them in Props/ Poser 7/ P7 Male Clothes/ Poser 7 Casual. Even though they are in the props library, they are conforming swim trunks, though I don't use DS so I can't tell you whether or not DS will recognize them as such or not.

I went plowing through the Poser Debut Content folder and found the swim trunks under Props, along with a really startling amount of conforming clothing. However, because Poser used PMDs with wild abandon, they can only be properly conformed either in Poser or in DS3 with InjectPMD -- and only DS3 will give you a file that you can then use in DS4, because the PMDs remain separate in Poser. (On the odd shot that its helpful to someone else: What I've done with some figures is to inject the PMD in DS3, save the file, open the.DAZ file in DS4, then export the fully morphed/conformed character to .CR2 in DS4.) Simon's swim trunks themselves are weirdly high in front and weirdly low in back, but they're still better than what he had before.

I tinkered with the image a bit and rerendered. I'm beginning to think that I'll keep both Antonia and Rikishi for the final image, but not Simon G2 Nash or Aravind for Apollo Maximus. And Antonia Standard is tricky in some interesting ways; she has the worst bending shoulders I've seen. Which, considering how badly Rikishi's shoulders bend, is saying something, especially since he's a much older figure.

Anyway, version 2 of the image, with Simon properly re-trunked and Aravind added in just for the heck of it. Behemoth's position tweaked a bit, and the floor of 1002 Nights retextured with a carved ebony shader from Fabricator/Totally Bazaar, of all things, to provide higher contrast with Behemoth.

spygames-12-riki-antonia-simonnash-aravindapollo.png
    1198 x 887 - 2M
    edited December 1969

You're not by your self, Evil Gidget. I still check in quite often. I just don't have internet access at home anymore right now and so I do what I can every few days.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,878
    edited August 2012

My problem is that most of what I do never ends up as a full scene but here are a couple I've done just so you're not on you're own :)

Antonia first

Antonia_Monko.png
    1154 x 802 - 402K
    Post edited by Haruchai on
    edited December 1969

Ball Joint Doll

BJD_Lilica_Goth_Cracked.png
    893 x 893 - 939K
    edited December 1969

FemaSu