Animation: Is There A Way To

Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,278
edited October 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have all those animations that were given away a while back and later converted to use in Daz. They are adjusted for the most part to use on V3 and later I think some got them to work on Gen4 Genesis. What I would like to know is how do I get them to work on any stand alone model. I have no money left after the recent sales, though I was able to get animate2. I also might not have net for a bit so can't use Maximo to make any sort of adjustments. Basically I am looking for a hands on do it yourself method to make them work.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on

Comments

• p0rtp0rt Posts: 217

its faster to just animate everything yourself using the pose control's and adding a keyframe every 4 frames

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,278

Keyframes have me stumped, been looking for tutorials, but Daz seems to have dropped the ball on that for quite some time. Found some on youtube, though not very in depth. Same with graphmate.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800

Load them on genesis 1

adjust the bent up ankles

save as a duf pose

it has to be genesis 1 not 2

then it will load on genesis 3

and 8 with the pose controls set to 45 arms up 6 legs in

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,762
    p0rt said:

its faster to just animate everything yourself using the pose control's and adding a keyframe every 4 frames

Not entirely true. hand key framing is great for simple stuff with one figure.............. But for complex scenes, like this one I did years ago, You will need tools that can parse & edit complex motion Data with reliable floor contact solving throughout.
  • For your existing animations, a retargeting tool like 3DXChange might be the way to go. I recently bought it and have been experimenting with it this week, and am very happy with the results. Getting bvh files to into Daz has always been tricky, but via 3DX, I am getting the cleanest imports I've gotten in over a decade of animating Daz characters.

• OT-ish: Wolf, how do you insert a video into a post like that?

Sad Kitty...I am confused about something. You said to save as a duf pose after making the adjustments, how does saving an animation as a pose work as an animation to apply later to G3 or 8. The bulk animations from Carnegie-Mellon that were converted to bvh and then to ani blocks are the animations I am talking about. The were for the Gen3 models and many have used them for Gen4 models, some even had success with the Genesis series, I just don't know how they did it other them Maximo.  Hope I am making sense here...lol...I made a mistake in my first post saying they were made for V4, I had that wrong.

Port I am a fan of doing things manually, just nice to have help on occassion when things get busy.

Auroratrek...thanks for the tip, will have to consider that for another time as I am tapped out from the recent sales.

I still don't know what keyframing or graphmate is or why I need to use them.

Sad Kitty...I am confused about something. You said to save as a duf pose after making the adjustments, how does saving an animation as a pose work as an animation to apply later to G3 or 8. The bulk animations from Carnegie-Mellon that were converted to bvh and then to ani blocks are the animations I am talking about. The were for the Gen3 models and many have used them for Gen4 models, some even had success with the Genesis series, I just don't know how they did it other them Maximo.  Hope I am making sense here...lol...I made a mistake in my first post saying they were made for V4, I had that wrong.

Port I am a fan of doing things manually, just nice to have help on occassion when things get busy.

Auroratrek...thanks for the tip, will have to consider that for another time as I am tapped out from the recent sales.

I still don't know what keyframing or graphmate is or why I need to use them.

It just does

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/250726/so-if-an-animation-is-saved-using-genesis-it-works-on-genesis-3#latest

everyone keeps trying to use the previous generation etc and fails, I found this out accidentally with poses

Ok going to save the information, been doing that a lot since buying animate2...lol

Ok going to save the information, been doing that a lot since buying animate2...lol

Yes also you must bake any aniblocks to the timeline if using that or an animated pose duf won't save

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,762

OT-ish: Wolf, how do you insert a video into a post like that?

If you have the actual browser URL in your post body,
    the Daz forum software should display/embed it

I choose source

• Okay, thanks Wolf & SadKitty! I hope you don't mind me testing it out here.

• LOL--okay, too simple! ;-)

• FYI, for those interested in animation, a couple of us Daz animators thought it might be nice to have a dedicated animation thread. It can be found here. Please share your work and knowledge!

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/358051/the-animators-assemble-thread-for-daz-animation-wips-clips-and-tips

edited October 2019

Thanks for the link to the thread. When I can start uploading video's on my channel I will link it, as it will have tutorials on animation, sort of a join me in learning type.

SadKitty I knew I would need to bake to the time line, I am saving every tutorial I can get my hands on, cause when I go home after the 18th I won't have any more net unless I go to the college.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • p0rtp0rt Posts: 217
    wolf359 said:
    p0rt said:

Not entirely true. hand key framing is great for simple stuff with one figure.............. But for complex scenes, like this one I did years ago, You will need tools that can parse & edit complex motion Data with reliable floor contact solving throughout.

it depend's on how you animate, in daz a keyframe is just a control frame, movement between keyframe's with be linear with pose control adjustment's which you should be able to change on graphmate