Entry Title: Holocene Park
    Artist Name: Evilproducer

Nomination for honourable mention :
    Entry #: 5
    Entry Title: Metropol-Oz
    Artist Name: Diomede64

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited December 1969

Superb entries! You're all very talented.

Entry #: 7
    Entry Title: Waiting
    Artist Name: ncamp

Entry #: 3
    Entry Title: “3D Cinema: It’s almost like being there!”.
    Artist Name: PhilW

Entry #: 10

• AntaraAntara Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

Voting always feels like hard work... But here it is:

#8 by Evilproducer: Great composition and lighting. True sense of real motion through the frame. Really feels like a still shot from a movie.

#9 by Stu Sutcliffe: I always feel honoured to see Stu's work. The characters are amazing and crafted with such wonderful detail. I love every wart and drop of slime on that dragon. The setting looks very realistic and natural. It feels like the image is taking us not even to the set of the movie, but actually to the world on which the movie would be based.

#11 by headwax: Great vibrant colors contrasting with the dark nightmarish content of the image. Very moody and atmospheric. All the little details in the room are really well thought out and well placed. It's one of those images which really imply a much greater story behind them, full of intriguing characters, twisted plots and scary mysteries.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 2013

A bit less than three more days to cast your vote everybody!

Remember, anybody can vote. It doesn't matter if you're new to Carrara, have never used Carrara or never intend to. The Challenge is meant to showcase Carrara, but in the end, it is ultimately about using the tool to create outstanding artwork!

We are fortunate to have such a diverse talent pool that has entered the challenge. Each with their own unique view of the subject matter! Please vote if you haven't done so!

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited December 1969

Remember, anybody can vote. It doesn't matter if you're new to Carrara, have never used Carrara or never intend to. The Challenge is meant to showcase Carrara, but in the end, it is ultimately about using the tool to create outstanding artwork!

We are fortunate to have such a diverse talent pool that has entered the challenge. Each with their own unique view of the subject matter! Please vote if you haven't done so!

well said :)

I have asked the Bryce users to come and give their vote - they have taste and good sense so it will be good to have them aboard as well.

edited December 1969

head wax said:

I have asked the Bryce users to come and give their vote - they have taste and good sense so it will be good to have them aboard as well.

I've tried in the commons as well. I had asked a mod to ghost the thread in the commons, but I had no response and it clearly was not done. Oh well, maybe I asked the wrong one. They have enough stickies in there to bind up a race horse, yet they can't ghost a thread. Meh.

edited December 1969

They have enough stickies in there to bind up a race horse, yet they can’t ghost a thread. Meh.

ha ha that's funny :)

there's another thread that Pam put me onto I forgot about. ! Gah.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,109
    edited December 1969

Entry #: 1
    Entry Title: Forbidden Donuts
    Artist Name: Stezza

Entry #: 11
    Entry Title: “The Creature from The Dirty Bathroom.”
    Artist Name: headwax

All entries are great, difficult to make a choice.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 2013

head wax said:

Hehehe! Maybe they are as insular as we are!? :cheese:

EDIT: Hello Horo! I guess I wrote too soon... ;)

Post edited by Garstor on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

head wax said:

I've tried in the commons as well. I had asked a mod to ghost the thread in the commons, but I had no response and it clearly was not done. Oh well, maybe I asked the wrong one. They have enough stickies in there to bind up a race horse, yet they can't ghost a thread. Meh.

Sorry about that EP, is not something we do very often, and it takes a team debate to decide whether to ghost a thread. Is usually done for Commercial threads, and sometimes for actual contest threads.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited December 1969

Am a bit last minute with work and courses...but it was so hard to decide and didn't want to rush.

Entry#: 9
    Entry Title: Dragon V Cyclops
    Artist Name: Stu Sutcliffe
    That's a classic well done!

Reminds me of when I used to go to the movies as a kid...now it all so high-tech...and too loud for me!

Artist Name: evilproducer
    Ah..prehistory...my fave subject!

All the art is great as always...it's so hard to choose!!!

xx SileneUK :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    head wax said:

Sorry about that EP, is not something we do very often, and it takes a team debate to decide whether to ghost a thread. Is usually done for Commercial threads, and sometimes for actual contest threads.

No problem. I just hadn't heard any feedback. I could have been better at following up myself.

edited December 1969

I'm not revealing the totals yet, though if you care to, you're free to add them up for yourself, but we have some very close numbers. Currently, we have a tie for one of the spots. If you haven't voted yet, your vote and opinion really do matter!

edited December 1969

Who decides the subject matter for these contests? I have some ideas... ;)

edited December 1969

Garstor said:

the winner of the last challenge, but it would be grande if you threw a few ideas up ... er 'out' I mean.

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Garstor said:

the winner of the last challenge, but it would be grande if you threw a few ideas up ... er 'out' I mean.

Texas is still (mildly) snowed in -- but I have not drunk nearly for a technicolour yawn.

* Crystals
    * Water, water everywhere...
    * The miniature world
    * The great beyond
    * Longing for...

Interpretation of that list, I leave to viewers...

I guess I'll have to pay more attention and get involved in a contest...and win it...to ensure subject matter! ;)

edited December 1969

the subject matter has been pretty good I think so far, yes you need to get involved!

we could do: Longing for the miniature world where there is water water everywhere all the way to the great beyond. :)

:) The easiest is to pick the name of a poem or similar ?

anyway, have a chat with evil, hopefully he will be hosting the next one :)

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    the subject matter has been pretty good I think so far, yes you need to get involved!

we could do: Longing for the miniature world where there is water water everywhere all the way to the great beyond. :)

:) The easiest is to pick the name of a poem or similar ?

anyway, have a chat with evil, hopefully he will be hosting the next one :)

I might be able to bribe EP. But you, Stu and several others have a real chance too (haven't counted votes) and they might have morals that are less malleable. :lol:

edited December 1969

I hope that you aren't accusing me of having morals!! ;)

edited December 1969

head wax said:

You'd be a tough one to bribe though! What with living so close to Nobbys Beach and within easy purchasing distance of Vegemite. What do you offer a man who has everything? :P

edited December 2013

Garstor said:
    head wax said:

You'd be a tough one to bribe though! What with living so close to Nobbys Beach and within easy purchasing distance of Vegemite. What do you offer a man who has everything? :P

Offer him a chance to move beyond easy purchasing distance of Vegemite? :P

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

Offer him a chance to move beyond easy purchasing distance of Vegemite? :P

Don't be disrespecting the Vegemite!

• waxfin_c9ea3eab69waxfin_c9ea3eab69 Posts: 57
    edited December 2013

We're happy little Vegemites
    As bright as bright can be.
    We all enjoy our Vegemite
    For breakfast, lunch, and tea.
    Our mummies say we're growing stronger
    Every single week
    ,Because we love our Vegemite
    We all adore our Vegemite
    It puts a rose in every cheek.

Vegemite (/ˈvɛdʒɨmaɪt/ VEJ-ə-myt[2][3]) is a dark brown Australian food paste made from leftover brewers' yeast extract

that's why we like our beer so much when we get older :)

great waves today, the water's so warm you can almost bath in it ;)

Post edited by waxfin_c9ea3eab69 on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited December 1969

headwax said:
    We're happy little Vegemites
    As bright as bright can be.
    We all enjoy our Vegemite
    For breakfast, lunch, and tea.
    Our mummies say we're growing stronger
    Every single week
    ,Because we love our Vegemite
    We all adore our Vegemite
    It puts a rose in every cheek.

Vegemite (/ˈvɛdʒɨmaɪt/ VEJ-ə-myt[2][3]) is a dark brown Australian food paste made from leftover brewers' yeast extract

that's why we like our beer so much when we get older :)

great waves today, the water's so warm you can almost bath in it ;)

We have Marmite...just as awful.

You obviously like your Vegemite mixed with Ashes!!!! Still have a chance here.... so don't get too excited.

xx SileneUK ;)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,199
    edited December 1969

Why can't some of you just suck, or something? You never make this easy... ever!
    I started chocking in my votes, when I realized that I truly want to vote for everyone. But that breaks the rules.

Stezza... Bravo, my friend! You get my first vote. Forbidden Donuts takes the lead of the two... but I really like them both.

Antara... this one really struck me, but with a different meaning: "The movie settles in to watch it's views from outside". No matter the meaning, I really like it. A lot of expression can be cast by the back of the head. My favorite part of watching my son light fireworks is the cool expression on the back of his head... truly! Beyond all of that, great render. It caught my eye and I'd love to hang this one on the wall.

Entry #: 6
    Entry Title: “Movie Night With Secret Neighbours”
    Artist Name: Antara

ncamp, diomede, evil, Head Wax, and PhilW, each of you have pics up here that are really, Really cool. All of them - I'm looking at originality, composition, color, focus... they are all very cool renders. Stu's Cyclops vs Dragon just really made me go... alright, that one. But believe me, it almost went another way several times over. Really tough judging you guys.
    Entry 9
    Artist Name:Stu Sutcliffe

I actually almost gave up and just voted for everybody - but what would be the point? I chose these without looking at how anyone else voted. I really like the techniques I'm seeing being used in these contests. Some really great effects and Carrara feature usage. ep, that Sinbad shot is fantastic! That fur looks great! Phil, that poor kid being surrounded by all of those aliens. At least he's got a good movie and some snacks! Diomede, Tinny is really cool, but the generous little girl is a really great concept and render! I think I just like all of your renders - well, that goes for this whole group, too. But I like the work and thought you put into this. Cool shot! ncamp, beautiful job! Very nice theater and the people were really developed with care. You really did an excellent job on this! Head Wax, geez you're good. You seem to have a habit of being able to trap my emotion and just do as you please with them. Detail is one thing, but how you incorporate it all into such a warm, realistic image all the time. Great effects, spot-on composition and focus, lighting textures... just awesome!

Alright, who wants to read that junk anyways, right? Just vote and get the hell out! Sorry about that. But I just really wish that there was a way for you all to win this one. Is there no way to be able to tie everybody for first place?

edited December 1969

For those keeping track, I would like to add votes from an anonymous source.

In no particular order:

#6 Movie Night with secret neighbors, by Antara.

#9 Dragon V Cyclops, by stu sutcliffe.

#11 The Creature from the Dirty Bathroom, by head wax.

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

Lots of great images!!!
    Here is my vote.

Regards

• FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Getting my votes in just under the wire, here are my 3 selections.

Entry 9
    Artist Name:Stu Sutcliffe

It was not easy, and it took my usual 5-6 days to decide! Of notable mention were also:

Entry #: 3
    Entry Title: “3D Cinema: It’s almost like being there!”.
    Artist Name: PhilW

Entry #: 5
    Entry Title: Metropol-Oz
    Artist Name: Diomede64

Great work to all those who submitted entries!

FD

edited December 1969

This has been really tough! Like Dart, I see something in every picture that makes me want to vote for them. Alas, I can't choose them all, so here are my picks in numeric order:

#4 Diomede
    I'm a big Poltergeist fan, plus I love the concept of the picture within a picture.

#9 Stu Sutcliffe
    I'm a big Harryhausen fan. While Eye of the Tiger is my favorite Sinbad film, there is no denying the iconic clash with the Cyclops and dragon.

#7 ncamp
    I gotta say, I'm impressed with how ncamp made the mundane act of getting seated to watch a movie interesting. The depiction of the movie movie theater as a movie palace is also a nice treat.

Some of my other favorites are PhilW's theater scene, for the humor and Twilight Zone-ish feel to it.

Stezza's Forbidden Donuts, for the humor, layout and sheer effort in constructing the scene. Sorry about the Splines, buddy!

Head wax's Creature from the Dirty Bathroom. The detail is amazing, and the humor twisted as always!

Antara's Movie night with Secret Neighbors. Like head wax's, the details are what make this work.

If I left your render out, then please forgive me. My fingers are getting sore!

edited December 1969

Just a few more hours everybody! Voting ends at 11:59 PM Utah time!

Ugh! Why did I set it so late on a weeknight!