Can someone tell me why Bryce cannot be installed via Install Manager

I am doing a fresh install. I want a flawless install. Is there a good link or info to help me install Bryce without issue. 

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

The Install Manager (DIM) is for Daz Studio, not for Bryce or Carrara. Bryce must be installed manually. This document https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf shows how it works.

• JENR8JENR8 Posts: 100

Does anyone know if Carrara and Bryce are dead software now? I know that the main focus is Daz Studio but Bryce is also an incredible resource as is Carrara.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I would think that the forums and challenges for both of these programs would tell you that they are from dead as far as we, the users, are concerned.

• JENR8JENR8 Posts: 100

I uderstand that but as far as future builds and updates - it is a dead software? I love them both personally but feel they are both done from a build stand point which is heart breaking.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

AFAIK no statement from Daz on subject of development. We only can guess and hope (i mean, Hexagone 64 bit beta appeared suddenly, right?)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

A dead software is one that doesn't work anymore. Bryce is used daily by more people than frequent these forums. Though I would very much like Bryce entering a new development cycle, the bright side of this current hibernate state is that no new bugs are implemented. By the way, there are still many using Bryce 4 and 5.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

I have been playing around with Bryce since Bryce5... and I have not even touched all that Bryce can do.. I'm still learning...Just because Bryce hasn't had any additional development since 7.1... doesn't mean it is "dead"...How Rude!  Those who "poo poo" the recently undeveloped program most probably haven't even explored all the wonderfulness and power of the program.  Instead of woeing lack of development, just try using all that the program has to offer... just try it.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited October 2019

mtnmen, but you can't deny unfortunate things like program not being 64 bit, or not working on newer mac os versions (though imho it's sin of apple's approach to not provide compability), i guess people also refer to those stuff

Though me personally prefer apps with "complete releases" (like having final version instead of waiting for updates), however many people look forward further development, and some of reasons for that seem inevitable (like, would we be able to use hardware and OS on which our fav program will still run 10 years later? etc. etc.).

Post edited by akmerlow on