Pre-Made Animations

I simply adore the pre-made animations that you can easily apply to characters in Daz3d. I have started to get into animation and was beyond delighted to discord that there was a handful of easy to apply animations already in Daz3d. I hope you guys expand upon these animations. You guys did a nice job. 

Some animation suggestions:

- sleeping (solo or cuddling)

- hugging

- cracking knuckles

- drinking

- terrified animations of things like someone standing in place shaking in horror with their arms outstretched

- sick animations, coughing or otherwise

- various idle animation styles of people simply standing around

- book reading

Comments

• That would be good to have! 
    I don't know if it's possible, I would also would also love to see a collection of sitting styles, running and being chased, getting in a car and out. 
    That would be good too :)

• Agreed on the more idle animations.  I'd definitely would like to see a little less dramatic animations. Maybe even like modeling/posing animations instead of just runway walks. 

• Agreed on the more idle animations.  I'd definitely would like to see a little less dramatic animations. Maybe even like modeling/posing animations instead of just runway walks. 

Same. There's too many catwalk animations. I would like more common animation movements. 

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,062
    edited September 2019

I would love to see the following animations for Genesis 3:

- Writing while sitting in school

- Eating while seated.

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
  • wintoonswintoons Posts: 371
    JonSea31 said:

I would love to see the following animations for Genesis 3:

- Writing while sitting in school

- Eating while seated.

Yeah, or even talking while sitting as well. 

• I will also say we need a current guide for animating in Daz3d - that most guides out there are painfully out of date.

• wintoonswintoons Posts: 371

I will also say we need a current guide for animating in Daz3d - that most guides out there are painfully out of date.

That would be good too! However, what I would like to see is an online library of animated aniblocks where you can buy and download single animated aniblocks. 
    Like Mixamo, where you can buy an animation and apply it on to your character. I know some have shown you can do so on a Genesis character and would be cool if Daz3d looked into it. 

https://www.mixamo.com/#/?page=1&type=Motion%2CMotionPack

• ^ That is a very interesting link, and I did download a few, so far, of what I need, since they are free.  But I could only download them either as FBX or Collada format.

Is there any way I could convert them to .bvh format, so I could add them to my Genesis 3 figures?

• I tried adding the driving .fbx animation to a Genesis 3 figure.  It turns out there was a problem associated with a root node.  What would I have to do?  Or would I have to add the .fbx animation to a Genesis 1 figure?

edited October 2019

There is a YouTube tutorial on how to convert the animations from FBX to Genesis 8 figures, but it requires MotionBuilder, which costs nearly $2,000 per year. However it does have a free trial that runs for 30 days.  I would be quite confident if it can transfer FBX to Genesis 3 figures also.

I downloaded only the FBX animations that I need (90 of them, to be exact), so I will likely be downloading the trial version of MotionBuilder tonight, and will work on at least five animations this evening.  It looks like I got a lot of work ahead of me for the next several weeks.

MotionBuilder is a powerful tool, as the video's narrator boasts.  It sounds very promising.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited October 2019

Instead of trying to get Mixamo animations on Genesis 3 & 8

use M4 which they work on

apply that saved then to Genesis 1 and resave it and load it on genesis 3 which it also then should work on

genesis 1 not 2 or any other figure that's where everyone stuffs it up

then for 8 use the pose controls to fix the arms and legs

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • wintoons said:

I will also say we need a current guide for animating in Daz3d - that most guides out there are painfully out of date.

That would be good too! However, what I would like to see is an online library of animated aniblocks where you can buy and download single animated aniblocks. 
    Like Mixamo, where you can buy an animation and apply it on to your character. I know some have shown you can do so on a Genesis character and would be cool if Daz3d looked into it. 

https://www.mixamo.com/#/?page=1&type=Motion%2CMotionPack

Yes!

• Instead of trying to get Mixamo animations on Genesis 1 & 8

apply that saved then to Genesis 1 and resave it and load it on genesis 3 which it also then should work on

So, you mean to say I can just add the FBX mixamo animation onto Michael 4 directly in DAZ Studio instead of doing it in MotionBuilder?

JonSea31 said:

Instead of trying to get Mixamo animations on Genesis 1 & 8

So, you mean to say I can just add the FBX mixamo animation onto Michael 4 directly in DAZ Studio instead of doing it in MotionBuilder?

As bvh if I recall they have an M4 option that works, did last time I looked

• Is there a link to the collection of .bvh files I can download?  I know they were free for a limited time, and were likely to be taken down in August 2017 due to no longer being supported in MotionBuilder.

• Thanks.  I downloaded the collection of BVHs just now.

• However, while I do see the BVH animation for driving, Mixamo does have the FBX animations for entering and exiting a car.  Is there any way for me to convert the FBX animation to BVH in Blender using Michael 4?

Again I have no idea

I use iClone 3Dxchange myself and have no difficulty retargetting any animations between figures 

I can pretty much take any FBX and retarget it genesis 1 being my prefered recipient for compatibility 

• Again I have no idea

I use iClone 3Dxchange myself and have no difficulty retargetting any animations between figures 

I can pretty much take any FBX and retarget it genesis 1 being my prefered recipient for compatibility 

Well, is it possible that I could retarget the FBX files to Genesis 1 in DAZ Studio, or would I have to rely on iClone 3DXchange?

edited October 2019
    JonSea31 said:

Again I have no idea

Well, is it possible that I could retarget the FBX files to Genesis 1 in DAZ Studio, or would I have to rely on iClone 3DXchange?

Well the saved M4 dufs will load on genesis 1, you need to rotate the ankles down

you also need to resave them on genesis 1 to reuse on genesis 3

and  8 with the leg pose slider in and arm slider up

jusf saying my workflow is different as I use different software so I really cannot help you just suggest stuff

• I tried everything in terms of replicating animations onto Genesis 3 figures, but to no avail.  I am afraid I have no choice other than to wait patiently until the day that the mixamo FBX animations get created by other users and released to the DAZ Shop or wherever. 

Did you get them working on genesis 1 first?

edited October 2019

The FBX files from Mixamo?  No.  I tried using Michael 4 to get them working.  I am trying to work the FBX files I downloaded from Mixamo on a figure, but what program would I do it in?

iClone 3DXchange is a bit pricey, and I cannot afford it at this time.  Are there any free alternatives to iClone 3DXchange?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024
    edited October 2019

Post edited by Gordig on

So are you getting them to work on Michael 4 then?

you seem to be skipping the  steps I keep giving

if you cannot get them to work on Michael 4 this will be more complicated 

Michael 4 first

save a duf animated pose

load it on genesis 1

genesis 1 this is very important not 2 or any other figure!

save another duf pose

this is the pose you use on genesis 3

not any other pose!

then for 8 you use the pose sliders to get the tpose arm position as its an A pose by default so you use arms up down slider +-45 legs in out slider +- 6

edited October 2019

I honestly don't want to deal with the task of trying to teach you to use iClone and 3DXchange 

you would need the pipeline package which is the dearest combo

and I use iC6 only 7 is for sale now and I don't have it so bound to be differences I will find it harder to explain around

hopefuly Posermocap or Bonetech will realease some ready done animations you can buy

I cannot redistribute anything legally myself and to be honest only converted a couple myself as I dislike using Genesis 3 & 8 in Carrara as too many workarounds needed

you might be out of luck anyway with Michael 4 even according to this

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/108261/mixamo-cmu-mocaps-working-with-daz-studio-solutions-in-thread/p1

• I saw the thread, but I don't understand why I would have a hard time with Michael 4 vs. Mixamo animations.  What is the issue?

JonSea31 said:

I saw the thread, but I don't understand why I would have a hard time with Michael 4 vs. Mixamo animations.  What is the issue?

Well apparently you no longer can get the M4 bvh files so yeah not going to be an easy task

if you had those it is as simple as the steps I outlined

without them you would need a retargetting software of some sort