Carrara workshop at digital art live Sep 28th 2019

chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
edited September 2019 in Carrara Discussion

Good day all,

I seen this at Digital art live and thought it may be of interest to people here.

https://digitalartlive.com/event/carrara/?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=digital-art-live-communication&utm_content=Newsletter+20190904+PD

I will be attending and will see what it is about.

Post edited by chickenman on

Comments

• I hope they can get some viewers sadly not me as money needed for other stuff but hopefully Carrara users that don't frequent the forum exist too

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

hosted by Christrine Cornell?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Thanks for the notice, Chickenman.  I've attended a few DAL webinars.  Usually pretty good.  I'm pleasantly surprised they would do one for Carrara.  Will check my schedule.  

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    Mystarra said:

It's me. I confess :)

A number of people at DAL events have mentioned having picked up Carrara on sale at one point or other, but never really figured out where to start. I'm not nearly as proficient as some here, but I think I have some ideas for the "holy cow, where do I start" moments. I think it will be fun. Hope I'm allowed to say that without it sounding like advertising?

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    Cbird said:
    Mystarra said:

A number of people at DAL events have mentioned having picked up Carrara on sale at one point or other, but never really figured out where to start. I'm not nearly as proficient as some here, but I think I have some ideas for the "holy cow, where do I start" moments. I think it will be fun. Hope I'm allowed to say that without it sounding like advertising?

Yes I keep mentioning it during all of the Visual Naratives webinars and have shown some of the Toon and NPR renders which has some interest going not to mention when I have given links to the forums or to the Mods such as the IRAY converter ect it has been well recieved.

I look forward to it as I may learn a thing or 2 even though I have Phils wonderful tutorials sometimes a different point fo view makes things click. 

Cbird said:
    Mystarra said:

Yes I keep mentioning it during all of the Visual Naratives webinars and have shown some of the Toon and NPR renders which has some interest going not to mention when I have given links to the forums or to the Mods such as the IRAY converter ect it has been well recieved.

I look forward to it as I may learn a thing or 2 even though I have Phils wonderful tutorials sometimes a different point fo view makes things click. 

Cbird said:
    Mystarra said:

It will be great to have you there. Feel free to add lots of comments on the day. I appreciate how helpful the usual attendees are at the webinars. There are always a lot of great ideas flying around.

• I was a participant in a seminar last weekend and was very pleased to hear that most of the others used Carrara at least for making scenery.  Here's hoping more people get hooked on it.  I'll be at the Carrara seminar later this month.

I've signed up but I'm still traveling.  Hope to participate by using the wifi at a roadside coffee shop.  Just in case I have trouble streaming, have a great one.

I'm not sure how all the names here line up with the names at the webinar, but I really wanted to say thank you for coming along. It was great to have people who could help with links and suggestions. I really wish we could all just chat around a real world table with coffee!!

Thank you, Christine.  Wonderful job.  I picked up some great tips, especially for using figures in giant scenes.  I had limited myself to rendering the background or 360 first, and then using the backdrop or backgound in the scene tab.  Now I can envision getting everything in a single file/render, which will make the render passes that much more useful.  Two enthusiastic thumbs up.  yesyes

I appreciate that a lot. I'm happy if it was of some use. I hoped everyone might find at least one tip. Thank you for making the time to attend!!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

Happy it all went well for everyone. Being on the other side of the world and also being footy finals time I couldn’t find time to attend.. must have sleep .

cool

Hope your team fairs well :)

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,531
    Stezara said:

Happy it all went well for everyone. Being on the other side of the world and also being footy finals time I couldn’t find time to attend.. must have sleep .

cool

Unfotunately I was in Snoozeland as well, otherwise would have been an attendee !