RRRR chain 2 * WINNERS ANNOUNCED *

TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
edited December 2013 in The Commons

Come on in ladies and gentlemen!

Come closer, I have something important to tell you, listen carefully because I say this only one.

Please vote in the RRRR contest!
Please vote in the RRRR contest!

Entries are here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/31760/
Vote here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RSBDTSZ

You vote in two categories, best and funniest.
For you who haven't got a clue about RRRR, best means best in render style, quality and funniest is just that. You cannot vote on your own entries, but you can vote for the same entry in both categories, as images can be both funny and great.

The prizes your votes will distribute among the entries are:

Winners: One item each from Totte's store and two packs from ART Collaborations store, excluding new releases + $10 DAZ GC.
2nd place: $10 DAZ GC
3rd place: $6 DAZ GC

All thanks to our dear sponsors, and thanks to bohemian3 for handling the voting.

Voting starts now and ends Sunday December 15 at 23:59:59 DAZ time.

Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
    edited December 2013

RRRR Winners announced!

You have voted, bohemian3 has counted them and here are the results of the second RRRR Chain render contest:

Category Best
    Winner: Kyoto Kid #1 - The Cafe at The Edge of Forever
    Second place: Sasje#03 - The Storyteller
    Third place: Novica #1 - Best Catch Of The Day

Category Funniest
    Winner: Novica #1 - Best Catch Of The Day
    Second place: Totte#4 - Neutered Pitbull’s impromptu spontaneous jazz is not for the fainthearted
    Third place: barbult#1 - Size Matters

Winners will be contacted via PM for GCs and prizes.

Post edited by Totte on
  • Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

My votes are in

• hawkonthewinghawkonthewing Posts: 136
    edited December 1969

I must be doing something wrong. I was only able to put in a user ID, none of the buttons are working for me. Any suggestions?

edited December 1969

I must be doing something wrong. I was only able to put in a user ID, none of the buttons are working for me. Any suggestions?

They are javascript buttons, you might have Javascript off. Which browser did you use?

edited December 1969

I've done my part

• hawkonthewinghawkonthewing Posts: 136
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

They are javascript buttons, you might have Javascript off. Which browser did you use?

Yep, that was the problem, thanks, Totte! I've voted now.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited December 1969

I voted!

Thanks, Totte! The new contest looks like fun. Thanks for putting it up so fast. This will help me get through December, as I am usually in and out of depression in this month.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,135
    edited December 2013

OK, I've voted too. Tricky again - several I liked for "Best" as well as "Funniest" - but worked something out eventually :)
    Good luck to all entrants!

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited December 1969

I voted. I kept changing my mind and moving votes around. There were so many I wanted to vote for,

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 2013

. C'mon folks, vote! Lots of fun ones to choose from. I'm still sorting through.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...votes in.

...and I second barbult's and MelanieL's comments.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Done, it was hard to choose :-)

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

OK, I finally voted - had to do it before I changed my mind again. Definitely a tough decision.

edited December 1969

I just saw that the voting ends Dec 15th. Is there a way to tell how many people are voting? I am curious. I voted and yes it was both fun and hard, scrolled back and forth numerous times because I liked different aspects of different ones. :)

edited December 1969

We have 18 answers now.... That about what we usually have, between 17 and 20. When I prolonged the voting for last RRRR, we had one 11 I think.

edited December 1969

Man, it seems like forever for the two weeks between the contest ending and the voting. How's it coming along now? Only today and tomorrow left...tick tock.

Everyone who hasn't voted, please do. Going through the renders is quite fun, there's no other collection quite lkie these hodge-podges. :)

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Vote and then come on over and join the fun in the RRRR Story challenge. There are a whole lot of new challengers joining in. And, this contest is great for beginners as the contest is more about the creativity than the actual level of art created.

edited December 1969

This ends Sunday December 15 at 23:59:59 DAZ time.
    So that is what- in less than 25 minutes, or is it an hour 25 minutes? My time, Florida, it's already 12:38am. If people haven't voted, they still can vote?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    This ends Sunday December 15 at 23:59:59 DAZ time.
    So that is what- in less than 25 minutes, or is it an hour 25 minutes? My time, Florida, it's already 12:38am. If people haven't voted, they still can vote?

15 minutes left right now.

edited December 1969

*closed*

edited December 1969

Winners are announced on page one!

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,023
    edited December 1969

Congratulations Everyone!!!!!!

This round had a bunch of awesome stuff!!

edited December 1969

First of all, thank you for enjoying the humor of Gunner's catch. His story continues with this next RRRR storytelling contest. That win just goes to show what a wicked sense of humor we all have :)

Tis the season and I want to wish the other winners a Merry Christmas- you get my prizes if that's okay with Totte. I am a (very proud) sponsor of this contest and really don't wish to be on the receiving end, although I truly appreciate everyone's vote.

With my first place win in the Humor category, could you give the second place winner the item from your store Totte, one of the ART Collaborations Store items, and $5 which is half of the $10 gift certificate? Please give the third place winner the other ART Collaborations item and the other $5 of the gift certificate. (If it's okay with you and if they'll accept.)

With the third place win in Overall, can you please give $3 each to first and second place winners? (Again, if okay with you and them.)

This was the prizes:
    The prizes your votes will distribute among the entries are:
    Winners: One item each from Totte’s store and two packs from ART Collaborations store, excluding new releases + $10 DAZ GC.
    2nd place: $10 DAZ GC
    3rd place: $6 DAZ GC

Happy Holidays and hope this is okay. Totte, PM me and let me know how to pay my sponsorship. See everyone on the RRRR story thread (eventually, still on render 1.) And congrats to the other winners and the participants!
    Cathie

edited December 1969

LOL Totte, I just looked at who the other winners are, and you're one of them. So I expect you to say yes! (It's not nice to turn down a gift, particularly at Christmas.)

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    LOL Totte, I just looked at who the other winners are, and you're one of them. So I expect you to say yes! (It's not nice to turn down a gift, particularly at Christmas.)

LOL!!

I won one from my store last time too with Wack-A-Frank ;-)
    I think you should take your prizes, you won them, or Santa won't be happy *grin*. Remember that in RRRR we play for keeps (immortal words by KenOBanion).

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Congratulations everyone! It was tough voting, so many excellent entries.

edited December 1969

I think with the prize amount being significantly lower than the one currently in progress, it would be nice to boost these winners up a bit. I'll make a deal with you- you distribute this for one time only, and if I ever win again, I'll keep it.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners - great work, all of you!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited December 1969

Novica, you should accept your reward! Your renders were great. You deserve it. Sponsorship does not exclude you from winning. It is called "Playing for Keeps". I think maybe that is a quote from Ken. I'm a sponsor this month, too. Since I got third place in one category, I get to keep some of my sponsorship money and I owe the rest to you. (I sent you a PM). Please take it and use it to buy something new you can review in your art studio thread.