It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

Hello everyone sorry have not responded to anyone yesterday and today. Me and hubby got a hair up our u know what

ummm ... hmmm ... hairball?

and decided to rearrange and clean da whole house...lol.

No, no, no! This is bad. Someone here - Frank? - said not to do that so you have to put it all back.

Well today my brothers friend was supposed to help me with the parlor and my sons room,but guess what he when dig out...sigh. So I ended up doing the whole parlor by myself including moving stuff around and lifting furniture by my lonesome.

I know a couple local Samoans who'd be more than happy to ... ummm ... re-educate him. 'Course, I think one's still in OCCC for doing a commendable job of doing so.

Picture a 4'8" 75 lb. wahine

Oooh, pocket sized. (I'm 6'-3" tall and go around 280 pounds of pure flab.) Hapa-hapa?

I finally got to sit down and now my fibromyalgia is flaring up something fierce...grrr...lol.

Okay, get serious time. Noelle has MS, Fibromyalgia, Meniere's Disease and a host of other issues brought on by an autoimmune system gone insane. She's 34 now and if she lives to see 40, we'll feel blessed. Anyway, I can indirectly understand what you're going through and you have my sympathies ... and prayers.

My hubby helped me with our son's room,but man oh man he was pissed when he came home from work and found out I did the parlor by meself :-(. He wasn't even supposed to be lifting nothing heavy as he just had surgery on June 5th, 2012.....but he is stubborn...lol. Now I gotta go finish dinner....bbl. Take Care everyone.

You both need to chillax! The house can wait. Your health can't. Trust me on this.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kludge I don't get to go anchors up very often so I try to enjoy it when I can, I get a kick out of wearing my able-bodied Brother and Cecil, my live in caretaker, out on my few outings. I get to do all the shopping and they get to do all the toting.
    I've had the real Korean kimchi as well as one of those Americans do not eat delicacies. My brother was in the Army and I spent many a summer with him on many a state side base. I got to meet many very interesting people and cultures that way. Mostly army wives but still loads of fun. The new foods were always the best, I never met one I turned down.

islandgurl31 I feel for you, I'm slowly updating my old house one room at a time as money allows. This year I'm doing a SAFE for me bathroom. I'm tired of needing help to get myself a bath. Of course without help nothing would get done I can't pickup a foot stool let alone a dresser or chest. We have redone my bedroom and Cecil's Man cave (two joined rooms) after the bathroom I want the kitchen updated and then all that will be left is my mad room/spare bedroom. As Kludge points out take care of your health first, the house will wait.

Barry I'm so happy to hear your back into rendering. I always like the stuff you did but you never did enough. I'm a big one to be talking I know, not one render in weeks now. I'm kinda where you were, it just does not interest me right now. I still like poking around the forums, that's my use up my day thing right now. I'm watching my health more now and not pushing myself like I did before. I'll get the render bug back before long I'm sure, just not ready yet.

Everyone be good and have a nice day.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Kludge I don't get to go anchors up very often so I try to enjoy it when I can, I get a kick out of wearing my able-bodied Brother and Cecil, my live in caretaker, out on my few outings. I get to do all the shopping and they get to do all the toting.
    I've had the real Korean kimchi as well as one of those Americans do not eat delicacies. My brother was in the Army and I spent many a summer with him on many a state side base. I got to meet many very interesting people and cultures that way. Mostly army wives but still loads of fun. The new foods were always the best, I never met one I turned down.

When I was in the NAVY I was stationed in NAS North Island, San Diego attached to the USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70). I got to eat real Mexican food for the first time ever. OMG what good food that is. I can't eat at taco bell or any place like that anymore.

edited December 1969

Now your talking. I ran a El' Palacio restaurant for a few years. Our head cook, Jose Cruz, was the real thing. We served that Tex Mex junk Americans call Mexican, but he would make the real thing for our lunch's and dinners. Man that's good stuff! His real hot sauce would crisp your nose hairs, your eyelashes would burst into flames and your eyebrows would just go poof up in smoke, BUT the FLAVOR! OH dude it was one of those I can't eat anymore please stop me things. I can not eat anything Tex Mex anymore it's not even close.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I must admit, I feel the same about Indian food. I had some real Indian food and BLAM my tastebuds got shot to the moon! And that wasn't even the really spicy stuff! But yes, there's a massive difference between spicy, and flavoursome. If you can achieve both at once, you're a true master.

I didn't finish my render because I crashed it and hadn't saved for a while. When I loaded my last save I thought "My God, I didn't realise I'd done so much work after this!" so I got a bit disheartened. And yes, I know we've had the discussion before about my saving, but never mind.

I did get Michael 5 today, he's free on this month's 3D Artist, so I thought I'd pick it up. Otherwise to be honest I probably wouldn't have bothered!

edited December 1969

M5 is pretty good Barry, heres my first out of the box render with him.

!M5_Test-001.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 360K
    edited December 1969

HOLY SMOKES! The forums are now Resizing renders!! Awsome.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

Yeah. Trouble is they are only doing it one direction. So if a render is too too long then we will still ask for a resize. Not that many people make extra long renders. To view full size it's right click and view Image. (well in FF and CHrome anyway) IE doesn't seem to let you view the full size.

Nice render BTW

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited July 2012

I think they tinkered some more Pam. That one is 1000x1300 and it loaded just fine. And Thank you.

EDIT: Now that resize is working I think I'll add him to my Renders thread.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I think they tinkered some more Pam. That one is 1000x1300 and it loaded just fine. And Thank you.

EDIT: Now that resize is working I think I'll add him to my Renders thread.

Ooh I hate it when I hit edit instead of quote.

Yeah what I maent is that it only takes the resize from the width. It still resizes in prportion, but doesn't do it on the largest measurement, as the old site used to, but on the width only.

So If someone decided to make an image that was 16x9, which is a size ratio I use quite a bit but made it, for example, 900 wide and 1600 long, it would show as extra long in the forum, and we would probably ask for it to be resized. But a render that is 1600 wide by 1200 long will resize to 800 x 600 and one that is 1200 wide by 1600 long will resize to 800 by about 1066, if you see waht I mean.
    edited December 1969

I get it, standard ratios now work, cool beans. I have the DAZ promo sizes in my renders presets and all the variants.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

yeah, I use internet explorer on the desktop
    (prob only person who does)
    my Android shows the full size (or rather downloads the full size) if I double tap.

edited December 1969

I mostly view, zoom then delete
    but
    the trouble with my Android and anything with a face is I have an app that autodetects the eyes and mouth and I get an evil irrisistable urge to deface your beautiful art %-P ;-P

Funny_Warp_1342042632.jpg
    500 x 650 - 68K
    edited December 1969

Ahh.. so much better than the original. Thank you Wendy.

edited July 2012

luckily M5 is a CGcharacter :red:
    I use warp on photos of real people and they can get offended!!
    you have seen my pussy. . . .

Funny_Warp_1339329861.jpg
    1296 x 972 - 503K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Wendy you most definitely have a WARPED sense of humor.

edited December 1969

Hello everyone I got some great news!!! As long as I keep up my walking and the upper body exersices and watch my diet like I have been I'm golden!! Darn, I had pizza the other night, opps... But any way I got sent home, my creatin levels are GREAT, my Numbers are Great my Kt over V is awsome!! I'm now a two day a week patient. Tuesdays and Saturdays!! Ye Haw!! I'm so darn Happy!! That gives me two to three days of 100% normal a week, well normal for me any way. All the crappy has paid off, who'd a thunk it?

edited December 1969

That's great news Jeff, Happy for you.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Hello everyone I got some great news!!! As long as I keep up my walking and the upper body exersices and watch my diet like I have been I'm golden!! Darn, I had pizza the other night, opps... But any way I got sent home, my creatin levels are GREAT, my Numbers are Great my Kt over V is awsome!! I'm now a two day a week patient. Tuesdays and Saturdays!! Ye Haw!! I'm so darn Happy!! That gives me two to three days of 100% normal a week, well normal for me any way. All the crappy has paid off, who'd a thunk it?

That's fantastic news! Celebration time at Jeff's. LOL

edited July 2012

I'm so happy I think I just might render today. I have FREE time and I feel pretty dag gum good to boot! Cecil said this was good news, and went back to bed. I'm golden untill he desides it's time for a walk or to get on my Total gym. If it rains I might just have to do the total gym for legs and upper, I prefer walk's but we need rain. I'll do whatever he say's, I'm too happy to grumble today.

EDIT: I edited this like a zillion times, I'm so excited my head is way ahead of my poke the key finger.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I saw this on another thread first, but I'm commenting here as well. I am tickled pink with this news, Jeff, and so proud of you.

I think you've gotten our rain. It's rained here every day, but not much and not for long. My yard smells moldy.

edited December 1969

I'm getting rain every morning and just about every afternoon right now. Wet and humid all day for a week now.

edited December 1969

We are getting so much rain over here that the only thing really growing is the grss, and you can almost watch that growing. Most of the flowering plants are backwards, the summer ones that should ne starting to show flowers now are still small, not growing.

edited December 1969

Anyone else think this is going to be a BAD crop year food stuff wise? Super dry in the US, uber wet in the UK, is it right anyplace?

My kitchen garden dried up before the rain, just a few hangers on. Anybody got a good garden?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Fantastic news, Jeff, great to hear. Now that you have a couple of extra good days a week you'll be unstoppable!

edited December 1969

Fantastic news, Jeff, great to hear. Now that you have a couple of extra good days a week you'll be unstoppable!
    Naw, extra days do not make me any better at rendering. Man, I wish it did.
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Good job mate. You deserve a break. Don't slack off on the exercise though. It's good to have you in high spirits and healthier. ;)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm getting rain every morning and just about every afternoon right now. Wet and humid all day for a week now.

We've only had about 5min of rain in 4 weeks. All the grass is dying. They call for rain every weekend but nothing comes.

edited December 1969

You should form a cricket team. Nothing like test matches to spark rainfall. Works all the time in the UK. Tennis matches help as well.

Combine Wimbledon fortnight with a couple of test matches and you have a sure fire Rain making ceremony.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

I got mahg numbah! Back tah wawrk1 ...Maybeh...

This discussion has been closed.