DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

"Create an authentic 3D version of yourself or others with accurate skin tone and shading by simply uploading a photograph in Daz Studio.

Instead of just transferring a cut-out of your face onto a figure, our Face Transfer System will create your face shape, bone structure, texture and skin tone in 3D. Allowing you to create realistic versions of whoever you wish. Immerse yourself in medieval times or fight deep-sea creatures with the most natural version of anyone, including yourself.

Requires 64-Bit Windows."

What the what?????? Face-Shop or something of the like was integrated?

Comments

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

Yeah; that's out of the blue.  I've gotta try that.  But it means I have to shave, as I can't imagine it's going to handle my scruffy, puffy beard very well right now. smiley

Don't want to wait to try it, but sleep first.

--  Morgan

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,035
    CypherFOX said:

Yeah; that's out of the blue. 

Not if you follow Beta releases. There's actually a thread in the art forum dedicated to testing out the capabilities of Face Transfer.

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765
    edited September 2019

Face scanning is limited. I only have 3 free left. You even get a free Daz 3D tattoo on your character's forehead. You can easily remove this using a image editing software, though.

Post edited by y3kman on
  • Awesome stuff! It works so well! The key is to get a face portrait facing the to the front. I'll upload a image as soon as I finish rendering. Very happy person here!

@yskman:
    Go to save face tab and ave the face, and the daz logo will be removed.

• I just tried it for the first time and it worked quite well. You can do as many as you like if you don't save.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

I haven't upgraded yet. Is there a limit to how many faces you can do in the live version, too? What do you need to do if you want more?

• HighElfHighElf Posts: 326
    Ati said:

I haven't upgraded yet. Is there a limit to how many faces you can do in the live version, too? What do you need to do if you want more?

This is something I want to know too. I have a rather big family. And I would love to make them their personalized images.

• Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 725
    edited September 2019

Ooooo, Face Creation? Sounds co---

Windows Only.

... Oh. :/

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited September 2019

Does anybody knows, if there is still a limit of saves (3 times) in Face Transfer?

The thread with renders is at:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/351636/is-there-a-face-transfer-thread#latest

Post edited by Artini on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

I just installed and tried it.. yes, mine is limited to three ( 3 ) 

now two.... surprise

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited September 2019

Three face transfers for the 4.12 ... and three for the beta for a total of six?

(Edit: I've not saved any faces, but the general release and the beta are not the same, so it should give you six saves.)

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Three face transfers for the 4.12 ... and three for the beta for a total of six?

(Edit: I've not saved any faces, but the general release and the beta are not the same, so it should give you six saves.)

Yeah, but what happens after that? I get three for my entire life? That's not a whole lot... :D

• cimenroller2cimenroller2 Posts: 76
    edited September 2019

ONLY THREE! why? I want to make more :S

Post edited by cimenroller2 on
  • Most people art two faced, so they figured 2 plus 1 for when you are truthfull  = 3 faces   Hahahahah

• TY3DArtTY3DArt Posts: 153

So why is there a watermark on the figure?  I couldn't find where to buy it at..  

• From what I gathered in the beta thread, this is going to be a paid plugin - can anyone see if there's a place to enter a licence key? (my download is stuck at 99% lol).

If it's not going to be a paid plugin, it wouldn't make sense to limit it to 3 now. I'm guessing they want as many people as possible to try it 'in the wild'

• From what I gathered in the beta thread, this is going to be a paid plugin - can anyone see if there's a place to enter a licence key? (my download is stuck at 99% lol).

If it's not going to be a paid plugin, it wouldn't make sense to limit it to 3 now. I'm guessing they want as many people as possible to try it 'in the wild'

I checked, and there is a place to enter a key. So, I guess this is a paid plugin. I have to say though that it is a plugin that I will surely pay for when it is released. I just tested some Sims 4 and Skyrim character creation face portraits and wow iray sure does a pretty good job at making things look good!

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,558

Anything that uses only one face-on image to generate a so-called realistic likeness is going in the opposite direction to those programs that do it well like Deepfake image synthesis using AI. What is needed is multiple images from multiple angles and with a variety of expressions if you want to do it well. And given the problem of pushing around a very limited number of polys on a G8 face, programs like these will remain toys for the moment. Not that I disrespect people for trying to get the face-likeness thing going, but we're working with very limited source material and low tech here. Little steps towards something much better to come I hope.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    Well... how much will it cost to unlock the limit of three?
  • So you can only save 3 but can't buy unlimited yet? 

• We're making inquiries.

• I just installed and tried it.. yes, mine is limited to three ( 3 ) 

now two.... surprise

I was just about to make up a message saying that this new feature is a brick to the face of those that created HeadShop and that other Face Shaper Pro program.  But after seeing this thread and reading it, you have to be kidding me that Daz puts a limit on how many faces you can make?  That's bogus!  At any rate even if Daz wanted to protect the interests of the creators of those programs I would say 10 to 20 is a much better figure (that I can deal with) than 3.  3 is just ridiculous.   Of course they don't mention this when it comes to downloading the program.  Phewy!

• mwokee said:

That is bogus.  They should mention this on the main page that this is NOT a free service and that it has the 3 face limitation.

• Limited to just 3, huh?

Even if Daz hates Mac users, I'm kind of grateful we've missed out on this now, lmao. 

• Finlaena said:

Limited to just 3, huh?

Even if Daz hates Mac users, I'm kind of grateful we've missed out on this now, lmao. 

Yeah, I am not so enthusiastic now about upgrading.  Now I have to be careful about whom I choose.  Is it going to be Sandra Bullock or Lana Parrilla?  LOL!   BTW, if you are looking for a PUG they have one up in Fast Grub (Grab) called Pugsley:

https://www.daz3d.com/pugsley-the-stylized-pug

The only thing is that face reminds me of the disturbing oversized dog in the movie "Hotel Transylvania 3":

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/V-oDOv3soaM/maxresdefault.jpg

See what I mean?

• Any samples anybody? Was at the point of finally thinking about getting a PC (yuck) ;-)

• Db3dDb3d Posts: 248
    jukingeo said:
    mwokee said:

That is bogus.  They should mention this on the main page that this is NOT a free service and that it has the 3 face limitation.

I can't even find what it costs to do addtional.  (Hey, Daz, it isn't good to frustrate your customers when you release something new.  Even if it is going to cost, let us know!!!)

• Richard John SRichard John S Posts: 389
    edited September 2019

I think the plugin works pretty decent, but the hair has to be back and the face has to be facing forward in a clean portrait image for the best results.

Post edited by Richard John S on
  • jukingeo said:
    mwokee said:

I can't even find what it costs to do addtional.  (Hey, Daz, it isn't good to frustrate your customers when you release something new.  Even if it is going to cost, let us know!!!)

Yeah that is another thing too.  Up to now everything in a new version update was free.  So this is kind of a bit of a kick in the teeth, but I guess they can't offer it for free because of the fellows that created programs to do this feature.  So my guess to be fair to them, it is probably going to list for around $100.  Granted that is the list price and I am sure they are going to have sales on it.

Frankly though, I have not been to happy with these face creation programs.  I tried Headshop and ended up returning it.  I don't know if the Daz version is going to be any better.  Those that have the beta would know perhaps they could chime in and say if the program in DAZ is significantly better, or not.

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    edited September 2019

I don't want to waste my three tries yet till I see more from others and more info. Have facegen pretty happy with that but I may consider this depending on price and other factors. The other day found out about a new site generated faces, that offers 1000's of free photos of faces, they're real but real people created combining features of different faces to create a new person. some are a little freaked warped twisted but there are some good usable ones too if you take time to go through them. My antivirus gives me a warning of it being a new site and scans each image as I download it but so far so good seems ok

Post edited by ANGELREAPER1972 on