No photo description available.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921
    edited September 2019

lots of cool stuff Master Finnie heart

ah thank you Mistress Wendy :)

@SadKitty_Carrara

Post edited by Headwax on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524

Superb catalogue of work, hope you keep the digital art up, always find your work inspiring !!!!

thanks Bunyip02 :) I've managed to lose 4 kilos by staying away from Carrara :)

time to put it back on!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524

thanks Bunyip02 :) I've managed to lose 4 kilos by staying away from Carrara :)

time to put it back on!

I have been doing some power walks as well as watching my diet, but on the debit side Friday afternoon is a cooking session - lots of goodies for the week, made a bannana-lime cake today, just had a break doing vegies for the pork chops tonight !

ha ha yes walking is good, my watch gives me a razzing when I sit on my backside for too long! cake sounds terrfic :)

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

I’ve known for a long time that you’re the best, but this is even better than I thought!
    It is really beautiful!

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    DUDU said:

I’ve known for a long time that you’re the best, but this is even better than I thought!
    It is really beautiful!

Coffee table book coming out!!???   Amazing... you ARE the digital master and we are lucky to have you and your inspiration and help!

heart  Silene

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

lots of cool stuff Master Finnie heart

+1

Very inspirational.  Love to see how you integrate your 3D work with the "real world."  All of this amazing work, and I am gong to single out the low res dogs on the coffee mug.  So awesome!  I want one.  I am afraid that I am a swine before your pearls.  blush

Thanks for sharing these.  Wishing you the very best in all corners of life.

• block work entered in a prize 

No photo description available.

Wow!  Hope that won something.

Incredible work you posted.

Tough to find the physical-mental balance in life, but both are essential.

Does this mean you are back? :)

• As always, brilliant work!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited September 2019

I haven't crossed into the "real" world with Carrara as much as you have Sir Waxxy Head. However, I have used it to build virtual sets and plan my blocking for the plays that I have directed. I've also used the virtual sets as tests for the set design, and also as pictures and such for set dressings. I also use Carrara to render title sequences and such for keepsake DVDs.

I used Carrara to come up with the basic set design, and test angles from the virtual audience, because there was a trap door upstage right that I wanted to have as visible as possible for the audience. I also used it as a guide when coming up with my initial blocking. It would change quite a bit as furniture and stuff wasn't quite to scale.

Click thumbnail for larger image.
    Set for Ghost of a Chance.

I used Carrara again for the basic set design and for blocking. Additionally, the house was supposed to be at a tilted angle - a metaphor for the family being off kilter. I used Carrara and my virtual flats to come up with the degree of tilt that I wanted. The goal was to be just off enough for the audience to notice something wasn't quite right, but not so much they got cricks in their necks.
    Click thumbnail for larger image
    Set for 37 Postcards.

I used Carrara to create the picture above the desk. I used it as a subtle visual cue for one of the metaphors in the play. At the same time, it was my artistic representation of one of my Mom's favorite spots. I wanted it onstage because she passed away unexpectedly shortly before we entered serious preproduction. She was always very supportive of my theatre endeavors and had been a community theatre actress in her forties. She got me into it when I was a teen.
    Scene from Ghost of a Chance.

I didn't use Carrara, but I took digital elements and combined them in Affinity Photo to make the Leaning Tower of Pisa pop art style picture in the background of this cast photo, with yours truly wearing the maroon t-shirt.
    Cast and director for 37 Postcards.

This is still frame created in Carrara and using the toon scene filter, for one of the title sequences in the keepsake DVD.
    Still shot from title sequence.

Ed on phone.jpg
    4320 x 2880 - 2M
    GEDC0039.jpg
    4320 x 3240 - 2M
    IMG_0442.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    DSCN0966.jpg
    4622 x 2601 - 2M
    moose reaction two090.png
    1280 x 720 - 712K
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

as I may of mentioned before @headwax_Carrara

edited September 2019
    DUDU said:

It is really beautiful!

thanks Dudu :)  and SileneUK_Carrara  and Stezza_Carrara9 and Diomede and UnifiedBrain  and evilproducer .

UB it was close - but no joy!! I could have donw with the grande too :)

SileneUK - now there's a thought - just a matter of reading the indesign directions again ... :)

Ted ... I am afraid that I am a swine before your pearls. ah you do your an injustice. We are both oysters lost in a swiringl abbess (er abyss) of passing thingies ;) But seriously, memory works by association which is why have to classify things to put chaos on the world of order ;)

I have my stuff at red bubble, just so I can buy Christmas presents of my stuff for relatives and friends - there postage is astrophysicallyphenemanolly expensive though. I just wait for 20 percent off and buy a lot of stuff at a time

https://www.redbubble.com/people/headwax/collections/337806-cute-dogs?order=popular

https://www.redbubble.com/people/headwax/works/13078497-untitled?c=337806-cute-dogs&p=mug&rel=carousel&style=standard

I  think I have them available at cost price?? 

Alice cooper hasnt changed a bit :)

Post edited by Headwax on

I haven't crossed into the "real" world with Carrara as much as you have Sir Waxxy Head. However, I have used it to build virtual sets and plan my blocking for the plays that I have directed. I've also used the virtual sets as tests for the set design, and also as pictures and such for set dressings. I also use Carrara to render title sequences and such for keepsake DVDs.

I used Carrara to come up with the basic set design, and test angles from the virtual audience, because there was a trap door upstage right that I wanted to have as visible as possible for the audience. I also used it as a guide when coming up with my initial blocking. It would change quite a bit as furniture and stuff wasn't quite to scale.

Set for Ghost of a Chance.

I used Carrara again for the basic set design and for blocking. Additionally, the house was supposed to be at a tilted angle - a metaphor for the family being off kilter. I used Carrara and my virtual flats to come up with the degree of tilt that I wanted. The goal was to be just off enough for the audience to notice something wasn't quite right, but not so much they got cricks in their necks.
    Set for 37 Postcards.

I used Carrara to create the picture above the desk. I used it as a subtle visual cue for one of the metaphors in the play. At the same time, it was my artistic representation of one of my Mom's favorite spots. I wanted it onstage because she passed away unexpectedly shortly before we entered serious preproduction. She was always very supportive of my theatre endeavors and had been a community theatre actress in her forties. She got me into it when I was a teen.
    Scene from Ghost of a Chance.

I didn't use Carrara, but I took digital elements and combined them in Affinity Photo to make the Leaning Tower of Pisa pop art style picture in the background of this cast photo, with yours truly wearing the maroon t-shirt.
    Cast and director for 37 Postcards.

This is still frame created in Carrara and using the toon scene filter, for one of the title sequences in the keepsake DVD.
    Still shot from title sequence.

hey Evil, great to see your use of Carrara in the 'real' world. Great joy to be found in crossing boundaries

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179
    edited September 2019

Anyway, here's an example of  of M4 or g1 or whatever daz calls their generation thingies  that I posed  rendered and then painted up in real world

I entered in a 10,000 prize and got shortlisted with 9 others - missed out on the 10,000 but got a great  dinner in a fancy club and got to talk on stage about how 'virtual reality' means 'reality that doesnt exist' 

and how I mix my 3d work with my painting.

Please note: all these images copied from fb so will vanish in a while ... 

the other stuff I have been doing is dsigning imagery for my new board - images from fb as well

kid on the board is k4, the crows are noggin's 

hopefully give some inspiration

got a show in a while and moving studios but will be bacK!

Congratulations, and well-deserved.  As a Carrara user happily stuck in Gen 4 (M4, V4, K4), its nice to see someone else using them.

Post edited by Steve K on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Steve K said:

Anyway, here's an example of  of M4 or g1 or whatever daz calls their generation thingies  that I posed  rendered and then painted up in real world

I entered in a 10,000 prize and got shortlisted with 9 others - missed out on the 10,000 but got a great  dinner in a fancy club and got to talk on stage about how 'virtual reality' means 'reality that doesnt exist' 

and how I mix my 3d work with my painting.

Please note: all these images copied from fb so will vanish in a while ... 

the other stuff I have been doing is dsigning imagery for my new board - images from fb as well

kid on the board is k4, the crows are noggin's 

hopefully give some inspiration

got a show in a while and moving studios but will be bacK!

Congratulations, and well-deserved.  As a Carrara user happily stuck in Gen 4 (M4, V4, K4), its nice to see someone else using them.

AS I Bryce user doing the same I ditto your comment

thanks @SteveK et @Chohole :) Yep, if it,s not broken don't fix it! 

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

A brilliant portfolio of work and great to see it out in the real world. You should be very proud (I'm sure you are!).

Ah thanks PhilW. 

"Proud' - I never thought of that! 

The main thing I feel is that I have been banging away at stuff for so long and am nearly getting good at !!!

Of course talking myself up helps - but keep that a secret.

cheers from oz ;)

• Headwax ... how did you get the image on the board?  I can't tell if it was printed as a decal or printed directly on the board.

cdordoni said:

Headwax ... how did you get the image on the board?  I can't tell if it was printed as a decal or printed directly on the board.

hya good question, i sent image to my shaper who got a printing company to do it - traditionally they use rice paper https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/296463587965454922/

but it could be more like this https://www.gpcpapers.com/products/surf-paper/ ;

that surf papeer looks like it could be interesting for layering up different images on a traditional; canvas??

interestingly this board turned out much better than the first I did a few years ago because I kept the detail out of the dark tones and I kept in mind the whole composition so that it looked good from a distance - the first board I did had a whole lot of details that looked good from 6 feet away and closer but crappy from a long distance

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

so cool..

I had one of my images critiqued on national TV by a photography artist a few years ago.. he basically said the same.. less is more 

in other words the more detail you have in an image can distract from the overall look you are trying to achieve.