Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.12.2.60! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    edited September 2019

For illustrative purposes, please see attached.

I've selected the keys in the new timeline, but all of the options to erase copy them are gray.

In contrast, they appear fine in graphmate and (there) I can manipulate them with ease.

I'm very confused.

new timeline.JPG
    1898 x 491 - 140K
    graphmate.JPG
    401 x 413 - 32K
    Post edited by Leonides02 on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Sorry to bring this up again, but I can't for the life of me figure this out...

In the Beta, why can't we "Copy Keys" in the timeline?

Most of the time the keys seemt to exist, but when they're selected "Copy" is still grayed out. Has someone found a trick around this?

GraphMate sees them easily. I don't understand the disconnect.

Does it for myself as well but since I was just exploring the UI features for the timeline & didn't need to use it yet I haven't written a Help Desk ticket yet for it.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited September 2019

I've selected the keys in the new timeline, but all of the options to eras them or copy them are gray.

In contrast, they appear fine in graphmate and (there) I can manipulate them with ease.

I'm very confused.

iI have noticed its been like thart since daz released 4.12,  I always thought the ui was that way because they were still working the bugs out, like how they add things with each new update.  that is why i dragged my keymate and graphic mate plugins into the beta plugin folder, until things get worked out.  . Easy-peasy to do  just go to your C: programs folder where daz is  and open your daz public build folder  then go to  plugin folder scroll down and find keymate.dll and graphmate.dll  and make a copy of them  then go to the daz beta plugin folder and paste those copies into it . The next time you restart daz beta 4.12 you will find them in your windows> panes(tab)menu & yes they will work in beta see screen shot at least they have so far

1.jpg
    1397 x 991 - 187K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • edited September 2019
    colcurve said:

I have a 2080ti, and it isn't rendering any faster than Daz Studio 4.11. In fact, I rendered the same scene in 4.11 and 4.12 and it rendered slower in 4.12.

Maybe I am missing something about enbling the RTX features.

Post edited by bueller1998_df4ca4b697 on
  • Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

I have a 2080ti, and it isn't rendering any faster than Daz Studio 4.11. In fact, I rendered the same scene in 4.11 and 4.12 and it rendered slower in 4.12.

Maybe I am missing something about enbling the RTX features.

Do you have the latest  nvidiadriver installed?

To check if RTX is used, please take a look on this thread:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4885401/#Comment_4885401

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    Ivy said:

I've selected the keys in the new timeline, but all of the options to eras them or copy them are gray.

I'm very confused.

iI have noticed its been like thart since daz released 4.12,  I always thought the ui was that way because they were still working the bugs out, like how they add things with each new update.  that is why i dragged my keymate and graphic mate plugins into the beta plugin folder, until things get worked out.  . Easy-peasy to do  just go to your C: programs folder where daz is  and open your daz public build folder  then go to  plugin folder scroll down and find keymate.dll and graphmate.dll  and make a copy of them  then go to the daz beta plugin folder and paste those copies into it . The next time you restart daz beta 4.12 you will find them in your windows> panes(tab)menu & yes they will work in beta see screen shot at least they have so far

Yes, I've been using GraphMate and KeyMaye in the Beta, as well.

I guess maybe I should open a ticket, but I already have, like, three open for this Beta, LOL.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,787
    edited September 2019

Did not know about the limit

so just need to wait for the full version.

Very clever marketing idea. Congrats.

a2freeSavesLeftCt.jpg
    564 x 73 - 13K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I never had to drag the keymate or graphmate plugin folders from the released DS to the PB DS, it just worked. As I don't remember installing a PB build of either keyMate or graphMate to install into the DS PB builds it must be that for some DS plugins that plugins are built into DS PB and DS proper and need only the DAZ Studio serial numbers for them to be active to work.

• Artini said:

Did not know about the limit

so just need to wait for the full version.

Very clever marketing idea. Congrats.

It's in the Highlights post on this version, along with some information on usage https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4903221/#Comment_4903221

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136

The video links at the bottom of the Face Transfer pane don't work for me. They open my default browser (Chrome) and very briefly flash a URL (like daz3d.com/dsportal/4/Video_FaceTransfer_GenerateFace) and then the URL rapidly changes to the https://www.daz3d.com/shop page. How can I find and watch these videos?

• They are not live yet, I believe.

They are not live yet, I believe.

That's disappointing, but the tool looks pretty straightforward with what is implemented so far.

• The Face Transfer could use an option to make the face symmetric/copy left-to-right or right-to-left.  Many times minor artifacts due to hair/shadows only affect one side of the face causing it to be distorted when the other side is fine.  If we could mirror, the user to could copy the correct side over the distorted side giving a much better morph.  I submitted a ticket for this request.

• I need a more in depth tutorial for using Strand Based Hair. Is it possible to apply/paint the hair onto any figure I want? How do I do that?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121
    Samanthie said:

I need a more in depth tutorial for using Strand Based Hair. Is it possible to apply/paint the hair onto any figure I want? How do I do that?

To answer your first question: yes. Select the figure, go to the Create menu and add an SBH item. You’ll have the option of which surfaces to apply hair, and then the ability to paint the specific areas you want it. 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/335676/strand-based-hair-mini-tutorial#latest

• Gordig said:
    Samanthie said:

I need a more in depth tutorial for using Strand Based Hair. Is it possible to apply/paint the hair onto any figure I want? How do I do that?

To answer your first question: yes. Select the figure, go to the Create menu and add an SBH item. You’ll have the option of which surfaces to apply hair, and then the ability to paint the specific areas you want it. 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/335676/strand-based-hair-mini-tutorial#latest

Thank you Gordig!

• barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

DS 4.12.0.73 (and previous)

Why are consecutive spaces not allowed in file names of rendered images? Even worse, when I try to add words in the middle of an existing file name, it ignores every time I hit the space bar, and runs all the new words together. I'm guessing this is because the next existing character already in the name is space. DS 4.11.0.383 does not have this restriction.

Could you please give us an example re the adding of words which led you to believe that there is an issue? What I've tried seems to work, so clarification would be helpful.

Here is a video. I pressed the space bar between the added words, but the space was not inserted. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4q1nz5ml038gfj5/No%20consecutive%20spaces.mp4?dl=0

Thanks.

Please do report it. In the meantime, if you want to do an insert, place the cursor after a space before a letter and you can then enter a space after the new text.

Reported: Request #307812

This should be fixed in a forthcoming build http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_12_0_80

• Sorry to bring this up again, but I can't for the life of me figure this out...

Most of the time the keys seemt to exist, but when they're selected "Copy" is still grayed out. Has someone found a trick around this?

You can, but you need to select the ones on the Properties line of the relevant item (make sure the key turns yellow)

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I'm talking about in the graph editor...?

Like I said, GraphMate sees these / copies with no problem. They're present on the timeline - you can even select / move them - but you can't copy or delete them.

This was fixed in a slightly later build http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_12_0_77

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

You can, but you need to select the ones on the Properties line of the relevant item (make sure the key turns yellow)

May I ask you how to activate that highlighting, Jellybean? I looked everywhere but, as my usual, I couldn't find any option.

• Imago said:

May I ask you how to activate that highlighting, Jellybean? I looked everywhere but, as my usual, I couldn't find any option.

Simply by selecting the key.

edited September 2019
    Imago said:

Simply by selecting the key.

Aww, sorry, I explained myself the wrong way as always... I mean highlight the row of keys, to make easier follow the right ones, like in the image you posted.

I posted an image, as you can see I selected the object but only its name is highlighted but not its line in the timeline.

NoHighlitght.jpg
    1252 x 164 - 30K
    Post edited by Imago on
  • Ah, weird. I'm not sure why as I don't recall a specific setting for that.

Ah, I see! I have to wait next release.
    Thanks Chohole! smiley

• I never had to drag the keymate or graphmate plugin folders from the released DS to the PB DS, it just worked. As I don't remember installing a PB build of either keyMate or graphMate to install into the DS PB builds it must be that for some DS plugins that plugins are built into DS PB and DS proper and need only the DAZ Studio serial numbers for them to be active to work.

If you first installed a Public Build after installing the plug-ins then they will not be added - however, if they are set up to install to the Public Builds (not all are) then unisntalling and reinstalling would work. (Sorry for the bealted reply, I'd missed the post and Rob's report had ended up in spam.)

barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

Why are consecutive spaces not allowed in file names of rendered images? Even worse, when I try to add words in the middle of an existing file name, it ignores every time I hit the space bar, and runs all the new words together. I'm guessing this is because the next existing character already in the name is space. DS 4.11.0.383 does not have this restriction.

Could you please give us an example re the adding of words which led you to believe that there is an issue? What I've tried seems to work, so clarification would be helpful.

Here is a video. I pressed the space bar between the added words, but the space was not inserted. 

Thanks.

Please do report it. In the meantime, if you want to do an insert, place the cursor after a space before a letter and you can then enter a space after the new text.

This should be fixed in a forthcoming build http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_12_0_80

When I click your link, there is no DS 4.12.0.80 update shown in the change log at this time, although it references an SDK version by that number.

Annotation 2019-09-18 160837.jpg
    753 x 331 - 56K
  • barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

Thanks.

When I click your link, there is no DS 4.12.0.80 update shown in the change log at this time, although it references an SDK version by that number.

The version number gets added once the build is complete, below the list of changes - but Rob has already set the anchor in the doc for that number since it will be 4.12.0.80, currently it goes to the end of the page.

barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

Thanks.

The version number gets added once the build is complete, below the list of changes - but Rob has already set the anchor in the doc for that number since it will be 4.12.0.80, currently it goes to the end of the page.

Thanks. I am forever confused by the format of the change log comments. I can never remember whether the version is a header for the comments below or a summation at the end. Now that you've had to tell twice, maybe I'll remember next time. MAYBE
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

So, I am running Daz v10 and the last Beta of v11 at the moment.  Can I download and run a Beta of v12 as well?  Do I just put it in another directory?