Restoring from a shader Solved =))

3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
edited November 2013 in New Users

I was trying out a shader and in a senior moment I saved the scene with the shader still applied :red:

Is there anyway I can restore the original skin? The figure is Sadie for Genesis and there don't seem to be separate material files from the figure or else I would have applied them :-S

Hoping for a solution and that I'm not SOL and will have to recreate/repose the figure :shut:

Thanks for looking :)

Post edited by 3dLux on

Comments

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

Can't you import the figure again and when you have the figure selected it usually asks if you want to apply the new figure onto the excisting figure in the scene.
    Shouldn't that reset all the materials? (but it will also reset anything else you dialed and changed to the figure)

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited November 2013

Estroyer said:
    Can't you import the figure again and when you have the figure selected it usually asks if you want to apply the new figure onto the excisting figure in the scene.
    Shouldn't that reset all the materials? (but it will also reset anything else you dialed and changed to the figure)

Hi Estroyer,

I did try that and it did reset the materials. Trouble is I have a s***load of morphs on Sadie :-S That's the nuclear option I'm hoping I won't have to resort to. The good thing is that the pose is kept, so there's that %-P

Post edited by 3dLux on
    edited December 1969

Aww, I am afraid that from this point on, I also have no clue on how to be of further assistence :(

edited November 2013

Estroyer said:
    Aww, I am afraid that from this point on, I also have no clue on how to be of further assistence :(

No problem and thank you so much for trying to help, Estroyer :) Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate it :-) I know it's a US holiday but we would up kind of celebrating it at the office today when people just started bringing food for lunch resulting in an impromptu potluck =P~ It wasn't planned at all and it was loads of fun :cheese: (I'm in the Philippines btw ;-) )

Post edited by 3dLux on
  • CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

Have you tried importing a new Sadie into the scene and copying the shader then pasting to the morphed version?

edited December 1969

CyberDog said:
    Have you tried importing a new Sadie into the scene and copying the shader then pasting to the morphed version?

Hi CyberDog :-) I hadn't thought of that and I did try it just now. I was able to copy the surface of the new Sadie to the morphed one and it did make her look better. She still doesn't render the way she's supposed to because the shader is still present in the surface tab. How do I copy/paste the shader from one figure to another?

edited December 1969

WooHoo! Got it :cheese: Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction, CyberDog :-)

For anyone who has this problem, here's how I did it; there's probably a more efficient elegant solution :red:

Imported Sadie and copied her surface to the morphed one, which made the morphed one look better but didn't affect the render which still listed the shader that was applied :P

Choose the figure with the Surface Selection tool, then go to the Surfaces (color) tab and select the Presets button. Go to Shaders-->Other -->dzDefault and double click.

Daz Default shader restored :-P

Hope this helps someone else looking to restore the default shader ;-)

edited December 1969

I have read about potluck a lot in the past few years and I'd love to have that here in the Netherlands.
    We do have what we call "American party" where everyone brings their own beverages and alcohol.
    But we don't really do it with food :(
    Glad your problem got solved!

edited December 1969

Thank you so much Estroyer =)

I don't know if it's a cultural thing, potluck parties are pretty common here. And because of the supertyphoon many companies have cancelled the Christmas party catering arrangements (and donating those finds to relief efforts) and are going for potluck.