Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.2.0.27, Now Available!

2»

Comments

• What security software are you using?

• eljanlionheart81eljanlionheart81 Posts: 9
    edited September 2019

Norton, but I hadn't even re-installed it.

I'm not even getting any error messages.

Post edited by eljanlionheart81 on
  • If you click the gear icon at top-right of the main window to open settings there is then a button to open the log file for Install Manager, which may give some hints.

If you haven't yet reinstalled Norton then you are using the built in Microsoft Defender and Windows Firewall.

• Thanks for your help so far. But, I still haven't turned on any firewalls until I get DAZ installed again.

I have a bit of error logs to share. I'm not going to give the entire string. But I think the main culprit could be in the following.
    WARNING: dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(38): DB Register Open error: Cannot establish VC_Connection with remote server.
    Make sure the server address and port number are correct.
    WARNING: dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(38): DB Register Open error: Cannot establish VC_Connection with remote server.
    Make sure the server address and port number are correct.
    Error connecting to CMS. Cannot be started by client.

• Well, the VC errors are not an issue - in fact Valentina is no longer used as DS 4.9+ support only PostgreSQL. The inability to create the .ini file is perhaps more likely to be the issue - you haven't tried running DIM As Administrator? That can cause permission issues with the files and folders, but recent versions won't allow it.

• I'm the only user, but with admin. So I guess, I've only operated as Admin.

The DS4.11.exe installed flawlessly?. And I can get my downloads like that.

• No, running from an admin account is not the same as Run As Administrator - that requires deliberate action.

Do you have UAC on - do you get asked for permission, in general, when installing software?

• Dammit. It was just the lack of the PostgreSQL CMS or whatever.

But, that was an issue previously where I couldn't get DIM to install it. I think right after I downloaded/installed DIM 1.2.0.27.

There's an icon that looks like 4 coins stacked. It was not highlighted like the rest.

Dammit. Thanks for the help Richard! :D

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

..yeah had that login issue happen again.   Went Off  we were to the login folder and again saw that the .ini didn't load properly.  Apparently, running a cleaner utility on my system. seems to be what is causing the sign in issue I have been experiencing.. 

Of course the only "fix" is to copy and past  the .ini login door, cancel he min folder is in 

• LimbaLimba Posts: 53

Hi,

I just upgraded my computer and had to reinstall windows. Now download fails .

Did you find the rootcauyse for SSL errors?

WARNING: SSL Error: 11 - The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be found
    WARNING: SSL Error: 17 - The root CA certificate is not trusted for this purpose
    WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "": SSL handshake failed

• IainWIainW Posts: 10
    edited September 2019

Hi Limba!

Like you, I've replaced my old PC but am getting those same errors when trying to install via the Install Manager.  Don't suppose you found a fix?

Post edited by IainW on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

...that login error reappeared (though now I know how to fix it). 

Also think I found the actual root of the issue.  I use a system cleaning utility and apparently it deletes the .ini file from its folder so if I open the DIM afterwards, the error occurs.  Again an easy fix as I copy the .ini file back to the proper folder and all is good again.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921
    edited September 2019

I'm having the same issues, it keeps asking for my credentials which I haven't changed, nor have I changed any system settings... really irritating to say the least as I JUST used it not 4-5 days ago and it worked fine!

EDIT: WTH? It just righted itself, I just logged in... Strange!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

I've installed Daz 4.12 and DIM onto a new laptop.  After configuring paths, etc., I had no problem selecting & installing from my Product List (several hundred items).  I only installed Essentials and Genesis items yesterday and they show up in the Installed Tab.  Today, I was going to install a few more items but the Product List remains empty.  The installed items are still listed.  OK, after a couple trys if finally populated the Ready to Download list.

In the meantime, was able to install a few things directly inside Studio, but then they aren't listed in the DIM's Installed Tab.  

Is there a way to get those to sync?

• No matter what I have tried I still can't get the thumbs to show up in 4.12 for

V4.2 base, body shapes, Elite body shapes, morphs++...etc.

The install option does not appear when I right click under the content library

not sure what is going on or how to fix it.

• No matter what I have tried I still can't get the thumbs to show up in 4.12 for

V4.2 base, body shapes, Elite body shapes, morphs++...etc.

The install option does not appear when I right click under the content library

not sure what is going on or how to fix it.

Victoria 4 and most morph expansions cannot be installed through Connect. Can you load the figure through the Content Library>Poser Formats>content directory used>Figures>Daz People?

• No, it does not show up

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    edited September 2019

No, it does not show up

How did you install it, with DIM or manually?

Post edited by Leana on
  • check that. yes I could load it from there.

• DirtylooksDirtylooks Posts: 14
    edited September 2019

yes with DIM. I can now use the files however my pop up thumbnails in content library disappeared

Post edited by Dirtylooks on
  • OK, that soudns like an issue with the metadata for the Database. You could try opening the Content Library option menu, the lined button in the top corner or right-click the tab, and then seelcting Content DB Maintenance, checking ReImport metadata, and in the final dialogue find Victoria 4 under Products and check her - if she isn't there then something more is goign on.

• Must be something else then. Thank you for the ehlp anyway