MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited September 2019 in Carrara Discussion

anyone got one to sell?  lol

i haz paypal and an ebay account.

Post edited by Mistara on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

lookin at this as a possibility for fcpX

Apple Mac Mini Desktop Intel Core i5 2.6GHz (MGEN2LL/A ) 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive
    MAX OS 10.13 High Sierra

2.6GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 processor

8GB DDR3 memory / 1TB Hard Drive

Up to 2560x1600 ThunderBolt resolution , one FireWire in800in port , one Gigabit Ethernet port

Airport Wifi , Bluetooth , One ThunderBolt port , One HDMI port , Four USB ports ,

Graphics Coprocessor Intel Iris Graphics

i know absolutely nothing about mac and  its Oses versions.

is high sierra a newer one?

does the .6 make much of a difference in compatbility, the real worry is the graphcis processor.
    specs just say intel iris. don't where that is in the range of intel 3000

i won't be doing 4k, might go up to 2560x1440

build is only a dual core.

Final Cut Pro X requires a Mac with macOS 10.13.6 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), OpenCL-capable GPU graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), 3.8GB of available disk space.   https://www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/trial/

what do you think, is it a good build?

Thanks.smiley

• Why are you stuck on Final Cut Pro?

My experience was that the learning curve was steep, and frankly, it was difficult to use. (Carrara was a breeze by comparison)

There are so many other choices out there these days.  Unless you are already a dedicated Apple user, I would look at the Windows alternatives.

i watched utoob tuttorials on it already.  dont want those hours to go to waste smiley
    and there keyboard skins

was so sorely disappointed in vegas 16  40bux down the can

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179

I think a lot of the Houston 48 Hour Film contest (almost all live action) teams use FCP, so its certainly got its supporters.  For years I used Magix "Movie Edit Pro" and was quite happy.  The "Premium" version (comes with third party plugins) is currently on sale for $80, a good price. 

I only switched to Magix Vegas Pro when Boris' Particle Illusion became plugin only for high end video editors (not including Movie Edit Pro) and Magix and Boris both gave me an upgrade price.  It works great.

Steve K said:

I think a lot of the Houston 48 Hour Film contest (almost all live action) teams use FCP, so its certainly got its supporters.  For years I used Magix "Movie Edit Pro" and was quite happy.  The "Premium" version (comes with third party plugins) is currently on sale for $80, a good price. 

I only switched to Magix Vegas Pro when Boris' Particle Illusion became plugin only for high end video editors (not including Movie Edit Pro) and Magix and Boris both gave me an upgrade price.  It works great.

drove me totally crazy adding clips to library auto loaded to the track, and deleting if off the track removed it from the library.  what kind of insanity is that  LOL

version 11 doesn't do that.

the thing that drives me crazy about plat 11,  the rendering default on clips is set to resample. to turn off the resample, cant just select the track to turn it off, have to select individual clips.  insanity?   unless i missed a global setting 

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949
    edited September 2019

_And If on +Windows or Mac or Linux  , There is Lightworks _ has an Free version Not lacking  in Features   _Actually an high end video editor

Look into it    _Less than 95 MB download    _Thanx

www.lwks.com   click  download tab

Post edited by ed3D on

oh mann, just noticed mac i almost bought doesn't have dvd drive

only in our case is rendered footage.

i browsing the refurbed mini macs.  none of come with a dvd drive 

• Mystarra said:

i browsing the refurbed mini macs.  none of come with a dvd drive 

can you get an external one? or load to a flashdrive and transfer

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Mac Mini never had a dvd drive built in, and now no Macs do (and they are becoming pretty rare in Windows PCs too...)

USB optical drives are pretty cheap tho (but they do use up a precious  USB port or two)

the mac os can't play movie dvds?

windows 7 did

windows 10 media player will play mp4 but not a dvd

i retired my winxp netbook a couple months ago.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Yup, there's a built in DVD player app, you just need to plug in an external drive.

okay  i need an exter bloo ray burner anyhoos, 
    i been playing all my bloo rays on xbox, which is a pain with the updates. big one seems to come down every time i need to watch one of my inspirations movies. i need to watch deadpool or transformer or 5th element every weekend.

even when i have it offline it nags me about updates.  i don't understand how that works when it's supposedly offline.

• I've used FCP and I liked it. Not the newer version you have listed. So a word of caution. Apple has a DVD player app included, but no movie DVD burning program. They used to, but no more. Roxio has one that will work on a Mac. I think it will also support burning Bluray discs.

i allways get cold feets before spending puter monies.

so many choices afraid i makin wrong choice.

important thing is meeting the video requirements for fcpx

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited September 2019

Most DVD burners come with bundled software for Mac as well as Windows and sometimes Linux

Usually Nero if Samsung

I will need one one day too because AFAIK new PC has no DVD

but I have externals and dongles

barely use the one I have on this one

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

i think the blue ray disks hold like 25gb of data. ?

seems practical to store avi render clips and sequence pings on disks.
    i have low will power to delete clips that took more than a day to render.

• Mystarra said:

i think the blue ray disks hold like 25gb of data. ?

seems practical to store avi render clips and sequence pings on disks.
    i have low will power to delete clips that took more than a day to render.

Look at a website called Other World Computing for great deals on Macs (including refurbs) and accesories.

thanks smiley

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

_also  _   mac of all trades dot com

_thanx