[Solved] Deleting a follower by script

meipemeipe Posts: 101

I'm writing a script to quickly remove some followers from a figure.

So I iterate all nodes from the root, and check their label to find the one to delete.

I was wondering what's the best way to delete the node... do I have to use removeNodeChild (DzNode child, Boolean inPlace=false) /removeAllNodeChildren () or is there another way? I believe removeNodeChild only unparents the node?

Post edited by meipe on

Comments

• MikeDMikeD Posts: 291
    edited September 2019

You don't even have to unparent the node if you wanna delete it.

Use the Scene.removeNode(DzNode) method,

in your case Scene.removeNode(oNodeToBeDeleted)

I have writen the next script to delete many copies of an item, attached to a figure. Use it as you want. It is well commented.

I used it when I made my Rock Jewelry products. When I tried the rings on the figure (1 to each finger), I ended up with a Genesis with 10 copies of the same ring, so I wrote the next script to easily remove them.

// DAZ Studio version 4.10.0.123 filetype DAZ Script//              MikeD///////*=====================================================//  A function to remove multiple copies of an item// labeled sItem from a Figure labeled sFigureLabel========================================================*/(function (){	var sFigureLabel = "Genesis 8 Male"; // the main figure	var sItem = "MDRJ Ring 06"; // the label of the itmem to be deleted	//deselect all nodes	Scene.selectAllNodes(false);			if(Scene.findNodeByLabel(sFigureLabel)==null){				//no figure in the scene		debug("Find no "+ sFigureLabel+ " Figure Node!");				//done		return;			}		//if there is a figure in the scene	var oNode = Scene.findNodeByLabel(sFigureLabel);			// select the figure	Scene.setPrimarySelection(oNode);			var nNodeId = Scene.findNodeIndex(oNode);	debug("Figure in Node: "+nNodeId);					//tale the children nodes	var aFigureChildren = Scene.getNode(nNodeId).getNodeChildren(true);		//set an arry for the items	var aItems = new Array;		//take the item's 'Name'	var sItemName = Scene.findNodeByLabel(sItem).name;		//iterate over the figure's children nodes	for (var i=0; i<aFigureChildren.length; i++){				//find all other items on Figure with the same name		if( aFigureChildren[i].name == sItemName ){			aItems.push(aFigureChildren[i]);		}			}	//check if there is any item in the array	if (aItems.length ==0 ){		print ("No " + sItem + " in the scene!");		//done		return;	}		//iterate over items	for (var i=0; i<aItems.length;i++){				//delete items from the scene		Scene.removeNode(aItems[i]);			}	})();

dsa
    dsa
    Delete an object (multiple copies) from a figure by MikeD.dsa
    Post edited by MikeD on
  • meipemeipe Posts: 101

Works great, superthanks! :) :) :)