August 2013 Happy Anniversary Carrara 8.5.1.19**

lost track of the years.

i started with Carrara 6. 

no pngs back then

carrara growed on me when 8.5 came out,

it came with V5/M5 pro bits.  thats when i first started using genesis. even tho using those pro bits whacked out the genesis uvs.

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

just for fun, went to the last forum page to see what we were talking about in 2012

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/carrara-discussion/p193

names on the page are like blasts from the past.  

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179

I'm just taking a break from a Carrara session doing an animation for a Halloween contest.  Still works great, using recently purchased high quality Poser content.  From various sites. 

Halloween heart

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

My Daz account goes back to the Millenium Woman (now called Vicky 1), but I didn’t attempt much or participate in the forums much until around the time of Carrara 8. 

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Here is a retro Carrara 4 Pro link for even more memories/history from 15 years ago: http://web.archive.org/web/20041012064423/http://www.eovia.com/products/carrara_pro/carrara_pro.asp
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234
    3drendero said:
    Here is a retro Carrara 4 Pro link for even more memories/history from 15 years ago: http://web.archive.org/web/20041012064423/http://www.eovia.com/products/carrara_pro/carrara_pro.asp

Nice blast from the past. I started with Carrara 3...remembering the old Yahoo Group... think it's still there with info last time I checked, it's been a while. smiley

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited September 2019

one of my renders in Carrara 8.5Pro beta in 2013!

eeek!  surprise cool

a png render 

2013KJU85Render.png
    800 x 600 - 639K
    Post edited by Stezza on

would be interesting to see a carrara 3 render.  was that the posette / dork days?

• Mystarra said:

would be interesting to see a carrara 3 render.  was that the posette / dork days?

Headwax possibly has a few

edited September 2019

RE: Carrara 3

Here are a couple of sample renders (chosen from among many in the users gallery of the Carrara 3 handbook) from the old Carrara 3 Handbook.  Have to believe using as educational demonstration is inline with fair use, but happy to remove if not.  These two are by Jack Whitney.  I believe that at the time of Carrara 3 there was some sort of Poserfusion or Transposer plugin to get cr2 figures (poser format rigging) into Carrara.  I think native cr2 compatibility was added with Carrara 5.  Not sure about that but there is a Carrara history thread somewhere.  The Carrara 3 handbook users gallery has many blasts from the past, such as Mike Moir, Mark Bremmer, Eric Winemiller, etc.  

I love these stylized figures that Jack Whitney creates.  The teacher is a spline model which is demonstrated how to create in a chapter in the handbook.  Not sure about the Alice render.

mrs krumph.jpg
    800 x 600 - 110K
    alice.jpg
    508 x 720 - 62K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Hooka!! heart

dusting off the jefferson airplane tunes  lol

seeing the handbook on amazon.  only problem is my macular so poor i can't read normal size text

• There are users here who used RayDream I know @Oso3D was one

Mystarra said:

seeing the handbook on amazon.  only problem is my macular so poor i can't read normal size text

If thinking about buying the old Carrara handbooks (Carrara 1 is called Carrara Bible, then there is the Carrara 3 Handbook and Carrara 5 Pro Handbook), I recommend checking out the "used" offerings.  I got the old handbooks at a steep discount (I think about $2 each).  Just make sure it includes the disk of chapter files and resources that come with the handbook.  Might not be available for $2, but watch for heavy discounts.  No reason to pay near full price fora "new" one unless you want to for collector reasons.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799

There are users here who used RayDream I know @Oso3D was one

I used RayDream. I never did very much with it, but I did use it for a few images. I think I mostly built very simple models and imported them to Bryce for rendering.

So long ago ...

found the carrara bible on amazon too

may not be able to read it, but i can look at the pretty pictures.

haven't played with bryce in a while.  i used it to make a book cover, 2005

bo books yet.  amazon shipping estimates the 10th

hoping there something like poser secrets book

break down the car files and what each section is

something to explain the rigging on the text model, no visible attachment between bones and mesh? not even paranted

totally blows my mind apart like a smelly fart blows trumpets  tee hee