The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Mm, I have only some of the ingredients needed. And we're due to some thunder and rain in a moment. I think I'll do retail therapy when DAZ updates the store today. I got Strigoi still in my shopping basket, and today is, IIRC, freebie day. If everything else fails, I'll cook/bake something delicious.

I'm just, y'know, down? :down: She's going nucking futz, and there's very little I can do to stop it from happening. It is a trainwreck in slow motion.

Added background, a reason that adds stress: last week, this one older guy in my apartment complex (we have 3 buildings, 12 apartments of various sizes in each), had something go *snap* in his head. He took an axe, went to the nearby mall area shouting that "he's going to kill some kids", and then the police arrived and confiscated his axe, and I gather, collected him to the drunk tank overnight. Next day, after he'd been released (sans axe), a bit later, the police arrived with court order for involuntary commitment for a psych evaluation. Dude, you just don't do shit like that and go consequence-free, especially if you are big burly guy with an axe and raging, booming voice and look like someone out of a horror movie.

Now, okay. That guy had always been a bit oddish, and was our #2 Suspect to Eventually Go Overboard Nuts, but even so, that kind of outburst had been unprecented in every other fashion; his problems were mostly related to "can't quite figure out how to fit to society at large, and has no idea about how things work, which has resulted quite a lot of broken stuff (that he has recompensated to apartment complex association, though) and verbal warnings not to do X, Y or Z". (For the record, I think I am #3 or #4 suspect on that list; #1 has already gone nuts at several occasions, but apparently has her stuff more under control now.

...and this is why I could not live in one of those cheap a** slapped together suburban apartment complexes as they tend to be a magnet for people of questionable personality.
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...and this is why I could not live in one of those cheap a** slapped together suburban apartment complexes as they tend to be a magnet for people of questionable personality.

Aaaactually... this is high-end area -- really nice, comfortable, neat, clean, and cozy, with roomy apartments, with all essentials within walking distance (healthcare, shops, banks, bus stop to city center with ten minute travel). Which goes to prove that you can't figure out who will snap and how things aren't tied with wealth.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

On a lighter and completely unrelated note, I liked how the AI would taunt you in AoE3. They really improved on it since AoM (Where they'd comment when they retreat or before they attack, or taunt you if you're building a bunch of walls or if you blow up one of their town centers). The AI in AoE3 actually seem to remember in random maps (skirmishes) when you soundly trashed them in subsequent games or if you did really terrible in a game they'd comment on that in a later game - especially if you're in a team game. Or perhaps I'm looking into that too deeply and they already are scritped to say bad things about your skill in a game like the AI in CivIV do ^_^;
    I just remember doing reallly bad in a Moderate team game and in the next game one of the AI leaders that was in the previous game was on my team in this one, and she commented on how it was MY fault we lost last time, and "Don't do it again". ^_^;

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I'm having a quiet, and sunny, day. Wish I was outside :)

...I need to win the Megabucks Lotto so I can do so every day.
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Aaaactually... this is high-end area -- really nice, comfortable, neat, clean, and cozy, with roomy apartments, with all essentials within walking distance (healthcare, shops, banks, bus stop to city center with ten minute travel). Which goes to prove that you can't figure out who will snap and how things aren't tied with wealth.
    ,...where I live, these kinds of incidents usually occur in the cheaply built suburban apartment complexes, y'know, the ones with those crappy metal sliding sash windows and ugly wooden siding. They are also often the ones which catch fire because some numbskull either falls asleep with a lit ciggie, tries to get too "inventive" in the kitchen, or their kids play with matches or a lighter in a clothes closet.

...total ick and poo.

edited December 1969

My internet is not working! Now i am going crazy thinking that I can post this, but actually I am just staring at the computer monitor.

What am I going to do? I stopped listening to music because I was afraid that I was hearing stuff that no one else could.

...I often hear things others do not notice and frequently see colours and light while listening to certain compositions. Then again, like my favourite composer Olivier Messiaen, I am also a synthesist.
    edited December 1969

i wrote my first novel with pen and paper, my roomy at the time typed it for me on a non-dos compatible word processor. when words are flowing you don't need a computer, it's actually in the way cuz stopping to correct typos can shift you back to reality. if you don't have to get up for work tomorrow, why not start writing your story right now, tonight?

...I find a compy absolutely necessary as I have severe arthritis and my handwriting looks like a physician's recommendation for a prescription. I have little if any trouble with the creative flow at the keyboard.

Heck, for my namesake's backstory, I wrote a 110 page novella on a seven year old Toshiba Techra.

edited December 1969

Kimblee from FMA :3

blossom.jpg
    600 x 583 - 259K
    __study_the_alchemy.jpg
    600 x 419 - 175K
    edited July 2012

Some more awesomeness.
    *Edit* Because reducing to 600px to make the forum happy utterly ruins the picture: http://arufa.deviantart.com/art/Zenki-and-Goki-191860216
    (She summoned those things, btw.)

zenki_and_goki_by_arufa-d3688ag--COPY.jpg
    600 x 424 - 43K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    My internet is not working! Now i am going crazy thinking that I can post this, but actually I am just staring at the computer monitor.

What am I going to do? I stopped listening to music because I was afraid that I was hearing stuff that no one else could.

...I often hear things others do not notice and frequently see colours and light while listening to certain compositions. Then again, like my favourite composer Olivier Messiaen, I am also a synthesist.

One person's delight is another's curse, I use transdermal meds called Norspan to minimise symptoms of a hypersensitive nervous system. It runs in the family and some male relatives have developed full-blown psychosis in middle age from it. Looks like I won't be joining them but I'd give anything for a normal nervous system. Whatever normal is, I long for some of it sometimes LOL ;)

edited December 1969

Well then -- it seems that my axe-wielding neighbor isn't coming back, considering the way his apartment is being emptied at the moment. Straight into a big dumpster parked under the balcony. It seems that the water damage he also inflicted on the apartment was the final straw and the housing association tore the contract to ittybitty bits. I'm guessing that his surviving relatives and/or warden have taken all important stuff out, and now it is time to take out trash... and based on how long they've been at it this morning, there's lots of it. Dude was apparently a bit of a hoarder.

edited December 1969

Some people do life tough hey, like the pilot who had a brain snap flying a commercial airliner a while ago, I read it was caused by sleep depravation and felt sorry for the guy.

hey the URL tags are working wheeeeeeee !

edited July 2012

Rezca said:
    Some more awesomeness.
    *Edit* Because reducing to 600px to make the forum happy utterly ruins the picture: http://arufa.deviantart.com/art/Zenki-and-Goki-191860216
    (She summoned those things, btw.)

It is a good looking image eta I think 800 horizontal is the limit, it's what I use anyhow ;)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited July 2012

I usually have Photoshop resize it to 600px becuase 800 just seems... Big.
    Oh hey can anyone here read Japanese? There's a person on FA that's been asking people if they can translate a comic she's been writing but since she can't write in English she's beein doing it in Japanese. She said that if anyone wants to give it a go they've got her permission. She does very nice dinosaurs and dragons - giving them human-like qualities while keeping them looking realistic and not too anime-ish.
    ETA she also loves crows. This is her "Crow Mage" ^_^

1229094562.ukabor_crowmage3_.jpg
    640 x 800 - 141K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Sadly, my Japanese is even more rusty than my Swedish. Otherwise I'd take a peek.

edited December 1969

Sorry languages don't stick for me, can order a beer in spanish, say thank you in Italian and that's about it :)

edited December 1969

What was I saying about updates? Oh, right *hates* This is some kind of digital certificate Mac Keychain problem:

installFail.jpg
    612 x 436 - 47K
    edited December 1969

A very stylish short animated film http://vimeo.com/5462312

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    i wrote my first novel with pen and paper, my roomy at the time typed it for me on a non-dos compatible word processor. when words are flowing you don't need a computer, it's actually in the way cuz stopping to correct typos can shift you back to reality. if you don't have to get up for work tomorrow, why not start writing your story right now, tonight?

...I find a compy absolutely necessary as I have severe arthritis and my handwriting looks like a physician's recommendation for a prescription. I have little if any trouble with the creative flow at the keyboard.

Heck, for my namesake's backstory, I wrote a 110 page novella on a seven year old Toshiba Techra.

i haven't tried one, but there are utilities that transcribe when you say outloud. dragonspeak? something

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Sorry languages don't stick for me, can order a beer in spanish, say thank you in Italian and that's about it :)

Dos Equis? tee hee
    but how do you ask for your beer with a lime wedge?

in USA, when we order a couple beers, we signal the waitress with first finger and middle finger.

i heards, in Europe they signal the waitress for beer with thumb and first finger?

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Sadly, my Japanese is even more rusty than my Swedish. Otherwise I'd take a peek.

domo arigato mr roboto ??? what are we thanking mr roboto for?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Dos Equis? tee hee
    but how do you ask for your beer with a lime wedge?

in USA, when we order a couple beers, we signal the waitress with first finger and middle finger.

i heards, in Europe they signal the waitress for beer with thumb and first finger?

We got a big Spanish population and a street and full of Spanish style bars called Tapas a couple of blocks away, and otre cervesa porporvor gets me nice tasting beer, no exceptions. I know a few Maori proverbs as well like he kotaku rerenga tahi, which I think means a white bird just flew over., but I'm only parroting and not ordering beer :) Better go sleep nao :)

edited December 1969

No idea. Probably for saving the world.

edited December 1969

Mm lessie.,. From top-left to right....
    Perfect Cherry Blossom - Final boss; One of Yuyoku's spells.
    Can't tell. Looks like Remelia or Flandre, but the density is too high for the latter.
    Again can't tell.
    Imperishable Night - Forbidden Arcana: Hourai Elixir. Eirin + Kaguya teaming up on you. Not sure if the "Last Word" optional thing or not.
    Imperishable Night - Extra (Optional) Boss: Fujiawa no Mokou. "Honest Man's Death".
    Imperishable Night - optional mode; Eirin's "Heaven Spider's Butterfly catching web".
    Come to think of it, all of these look like the spells the characters throw at you when doing this extra mode in Imperishable Night.

danmaku1.jpg
    576 x 576 - 141K
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Oh hey can anyone here read Japanese? There's a person on FA that's been asking people if they can translate a comic she's been writing but since she can't write in English she's beein doing it in Japanese. She said that if anyone wants to give it a go they've got her permission. She does very nice dinosaurs and dragons - giving them human-like qualities while keeping them looking realistic and not too anime-ish.

I can read Japanese, with the assistance of a dictionary...but it's a struggle and I'm sure I don't have the time to do a translation project. Happy to take a look, though. My Japanese skills have gotten rusty but I'd be glad for the opportunity to polish them off a bit. I know there are others here who are native/fluent Japanese speakers...maybe they don't hang in this thread, though.
    edited July 2012

Rezca said:

I can read Japanese, with the assistance of a dictionary...but it's a struggle and I'm sure I don't have the time to do a translation project. Happy to take a look, though. My Japanese skills have gotten rusty but I'd be glad for the opportunity to polish them off a bit. I know there are others here who are native/fluent Japanese speakers...maybe they don't hang in this thread, though.
    I used to have the entire hiragana and katakana syllabary sets memorized - including the "add-ons" that converted sounds to KA and etc, but after some time of not doing much practicing I've forgotten most if not all of it.
    Besides, she's writing it with kanji characters as well (And no "helper" words that sometimes go above/next to the characters) so even if I did remember them.... ^_^;
    http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/ukabor/2/
    https://d.facdn.net/art/ukabor/1303853431.ukabor_page02.jpg (Page 2. One of the cuter pages. One larger dinosaur (not an allosaurus... Can't pinpoint the species.) and a bird-like smaller one having an argument of sorts.)
    *EDIT* Removed the page. Didn't want to risk mods getting angry despite ukabor having stating before that she doesn't mind it being shared elsewhere.
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited July 2012

HULA DANCING IS NOT ONLY FOR HUMANS :3
    I can so see this happening in Lilo & Stitch

1231760560.ukabor_trex_hula_.jpg
    600 x 750 - 354K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Complaints:

- On crutches for 2-3 weeks
    - On antibiotics and antifungals for 20 days
    - On diabetes meds forever
    - Stuck in the hospital 7 days without being able to render
    - Dell laptop is hard to type on
    - Hungry all the time
    - No sleep when you're woken every 4 hours for blood tests

Non-complaints:

- Nothing needed to be cut off
    - Food was great
    - Most of the nurses were HAWT
    - Tiny needles don't hurt at all
    - New novella idea about haunted/damned hospital
    - Caught up on Discovery Channel
    - Learned lots about how to take care of myself
    - Learned lots of stupid crutch tricks

Hope everyone is doing well! :coolsmile:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361
    edited December 1969

Wow, I've had all those complaints except the diabetes meds. Don't have that. Although the rest of my family is on insulin so I have to get checked every 4 months to catch it early.

edited December 1969

Hey Wooly, don't forget to download this week's freebie. Works in Poser, and I believe you WILL like it, you sushi fiend. :)

This discussion has been closed.