M4 Arms Deformed

lobus777lobus777 Posts: 9
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi, I've been using Poser for a while and am currently running Poser Pro 2012. I've run into this peculiar problem today and can't figure out why it is happening. I attached a pic and as you can see when I utilize the Freak 4 morphs the arms deform. By the way this was not happening before and I've not downloaded any new products recently. I was hoping someone has seen this before and could help guide me into how to fix it!!! Thank you for looking!

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,352
    edited December 1969

What's your Poser version number. I only ask cause I'm having issues with the newest version on a pack I'm finishing up.

• lobus777lobus777 Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    What's your Poser version number. I only ask cause I'm having issues with the newest version on a pack I'm finishing up.

I'm running Poser Pro2012, with SR3, on Windows 7, hope this helps!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Your morphs or your figure are old, somehow - if the figure is labelled as SR1 or SR2 then reset the morphs from your order history, otherwise reset the figure, and install the new version.

• lobus777lobus777 Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Your morphs or your figure are old, somehow - if the figure is labelled as SR1 or SR2 then reset the morphs from your order history, otherwise reset the figure, and install the new version.

Ok, it took a while but I went back to my order history and reset, downloaded and re-installed Michael 4, The Freak 4 and all the morphs for each. I also updated Poser to SR3.1. I restarted my computer, Poser, downloaded a fresh copy of M4, injected all the morphs and the arms are still deformed. I'm truly stumped!!!

edited December 1969

Looking at your image, I was wrong - the mismatched versions affected only the left arm, not both. Can you check that there's only the one \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Micahel 4 folder on your system please.

• edited December 1969

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same problem. Poser Pro 2012, SP3.1, Win 7.

edited December 1969

And it's both arms, and you are setting the morph on the Body and not on a body part?

• edited December 1969

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. In spite of checking the Notify box I didn't get an email when you posted a response.

Yes. Both arms. Exactly like the image from the first post. I have applied the morph to the body, not a body part.

edited December 1969

Ah, it's because the figure loads with the scale option on and that works only in DS, I think. Turn FreakScaleON, the first dial in the the Freak 4 group, to 0 and the arms should stop breaking (though you will lose some of the upper body mass).

• david_macraedavid_macrae Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

I just bought the freak 4 and had the same problem but I did not want to lose the mass so I just scaled the arms up 114% worked great for me.

I clicked on the arm and there is a scale morph dial . I turned it to 114% and it looks good.

Dave

• will shetterlywill shetterly Posts: 278
    edited December 1969

Same problem. Scaling the arms to 114% looks perfect. Thanks!

• This solved my problem, too -- though I had to use 122% scaling on the shoulders on the figure with the issue (I suspect because I'd added other morphs, etc.).

Thanks so much for posting this!

i'd had the problem before, but thought it was an issue with the pose.

:-)

• Scaling really worked. I thought scaling forearmds seperately was not possible at first. Frustration gone. Thanks a lot guys!
    cheers