Advanced Shaders 1.5 where are the tuts?

I just installed Advanced Shaders 1.5 using DIM - I 'think' they're installed. Where would I find the tutorials that came with it? I looked in the "Select a lesson" at the bottom but I don't see them.

Comments

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

For a start, it is a Poser product, not DS, so my guess is the tutorials are not installed via DIM.

If you download the files manually, the docs are in the 'Content\Shaderworks Docs' folder inside the zip file (I don't use DIM wink)

• Thanks glaseye, I'll check that out.

• dbdigital2dbdigital2 Posts: 270
    edited January 2018

I know this thread is 'slightly' old but they are installed here:

My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Python\poserScripts

My DAZ 3D Library/ShaderWorks Docs

Providing you use the default locations.  And for future reference if you want to find where DIM installs files:

Open DIM

click installed tab

right click on the installed item you want to learn about

click on show installed files

It is a very handy option.  There have been many times I wanted to use or catagorize something I just installed and couldn't find it.  Usually because it was a poser item and they stuck it in the pose folder or materials or somewhere else that didn't really make sense.

Post edited by dbdigital2 on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Python\poserScripts

Poser product, remember. Poser uses Python scripting, DAZ|Studio uses Qt scripting, and never the two shall interoperate — anything with Python scripts won't work in D|S. Unless you have Poser installed as well as D|S, you can't use it.

Note that there are other Poser-only things lurking in the DAZ store to look out for. Anything made for the Poser Hair Room, or Cloth Room, and Procedural materials for the Material Room, will not work in D|S.

• My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Python\poserScripts

Poser product, remember. Poser uses Python scripting, DAZ|Studio uses Qt scripting, and never the two shall interoperate — anything with Python scripts won't work in D|S. Unless you have Poser installed as well as D|S, you can't use it.

Note that there are other Poser-only things lurking in the DAZ store to look out for. Anything made for the Poser Hair Room, or Cloth Room, and Procedural materials for the Material Room, will not work in D|S.

I am well aware of that.  However, that IS where DIM installs it by default and the original question was where are the tutorials.  That is why I menioned where it was (and how to find out where DIM has installed a product).  It was already addresed earlier in the thread that it was poser only. :)

• AelinAelin Posts: 111

A friend just saw than "Advanced Shaders 1.5" are no more available on the site. Do you know if Semidieu put that plugin somewhere else?