Stonemason appreciation thread

Comments

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Floor from "The Ministry", some stones from "Modular Ruins".

1.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 126K
  • XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

"Castle Ruins"

1.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 98K
  • DavageDavage Posts: 84
    edited November 2013

Escape!

Used Return to the enchanted forest

Rangersigned.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Davage on
  • DavageDavage Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

To the rescue!

Streets of the Medeteranian
    Modular Ruins

rescue.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 2013

That last few I've done, mostly using urban sprawl 2, which i finally was able to pick up recently.

And the purple bike/girl with guns picture was pretty much exactly the same set up as the zombie picture lol. I wasn't quite sure which picture i wanted to do and used it for both.

silence_is_golden.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 439K
    RIOT-jpg.jpg
    1568 x 1414 - 496K
    Pax_direbunny-411k-jpg.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 411K
    Crimson.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 836K
    Post edited by DireBunny on
  • aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Some examples of my stuff using Stonemason's excellent props.

13-07-03_vision_impaired.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 682K
    13-09-07_disarmed.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 607K
    13-09-21_Stand_and_Deliver.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 726K
    13-09-24_Lara.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 639K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...quick question.

Does anybody know of a fix for the "trash decal" in the Dark Places - Back Alley set? After rendering, I noticed all the trash pieces were "floating" slightly above the ground's surface rather than laying directly on it. No matter how I adjusted the trash plane, I couldn't get it to lay flush on the ground.

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

I just tried my copy and I get a warning - 3Delight message #13 (Severity 1): R2054: primitive (or parts of) '' discarded during eye-split- . I don't know what that means but I had the same problem in the render.
    I lowered the trash until it was partly below the ground. Part of the paper is not even showing in preview but rendered fine. I am not sure what the rest of the trash looks like, I just did a quick close up spot render. Hopefully someone else has a better answer for you.

trash1.jpg
    365 x 288 - 33K
    trash2.jpg
    392 x 277 - 27K
  • leroysquableroysquab Posts: 101
    edited December 2013

Stonemason has been an unwitting though none the less, an extremely solid and powerful partner on much of my best work. Cheers Stefan! Here's my latest using City Ruins: Building 01 and The Tower Remains, it's: Wonder Woman- Injustice Gods Among Us.

ww1a.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 357K
    Post edited by leroysquab on
    edited February 2014

Damn, I can't believe nobody's posted here since last year and the last person was me! What's wrong with you people? :-D No appreciation for Daz's greatest set builder?! I know one thing... his sets have made me look good more times than I can count! Much appreciation, Stefan! You're both a brilliant artist and modeller! Cheers! Here's my latest, featuring Streets of Asia 3: Courtyard.

chiscene.jpg
    1700 x 1125 - 986K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I posted these before in Rogerbee's thread, but I'll add them here too. The set was built using Stonemasons Modern Ruins and the Cryotube, with the base hidden from the scene. In the second panel I took the shirt into Poser to drape and imported it back into the scene with some DForms used to tidy up areas which collided with Genesis' hands.

The girl is a custom character using Genesis 2 Female and the V6 Anna skin, the male is Neo for Genesis which was bundled with David 5 (and has become my favourite male texture set to date). I used the Advanced Ambient light almost exclusively for the renders.

Encounter_and_Rescue.jpg
    1772 x 1020 - 988K
    edited December 1969

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! :cheese: Terrific work on both of these, Herald! I really have to look into that advanced ambient lighting. It produces excellent results. These look like part of a story. Is this part of an illustrated tale you're working on?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Damn, I can't believe nobody's posted here since last year and the last person was me! What's wrong with you people? :-D No appreciation for Daz's greatest set builder?! I know one thing... his sets have me me look good more times than I can count! Much appreciation, Stefan! You're both a brilliant artist and modeller! Cheers! Here's my latest, featuring Streets of Asia 3: Courtyard.
    Nothing wrong here just a new PC and no time.
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! :cheese: Terrific work on both of these, Herald! I really have to look into that advanced ambient lighting. It produces excellent results. These look like part of a story. Is this part of an illustrated tale you're working on?
    It is indeed part of a story, though I'm looking to get the first chapter complete before I release it. I realise that some prefer to release it piecemeal, such as one per week, but it's easier for me to write and work out the bugs if I do a larger volume in one go. It means fewer inconsistencies and plot holes imo.

Thanks for the comments.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Damn, I can't believe nobody's posted here since last year and the last person was me! What's wrong with you people? :-D No appreciation for Daz's greatest set builder?! I know one thing... his sets have me me look good more times than I can count! Much appreciation, Stefan! You're both a brilliant artist and modeller! Cheers! Here's my latest, featuring Streets of Asia 3: Courtyard.
    Nothing wrong here just a new PC and no time.

Oh boy... I guess I hadn't really thought this through. Didn't think about calling you out, Pete as I do consider you to be a brilliant artist and one of the true masters in Daz Studio as well as one of the most knowledgeable in it's use as opposed to my considerably modest skill set. Still, as long as I've come this far :) ...

I can appreciate the new PC and no time as I've been in that boat before as well and yet...
    I haven't seen either Xerr's New Coat or Tunnel posted here. Both are outstanding works. Both employ Stonemason sets and would require very little time to post to this thread. Please share these amazing pieces here! :cheese:

edited February 2014

LOL Please don't read more to my blunt remark than just what it said yes I should have spent time on making it sounds better, my bad. Punish me as you see fit in public. :) I wish I had more time as I did promise Stefan I would render more of his products and I do intend to.

I think my bluntness came from the frustrated artist within not getting my fix. :)

Oh Master...steady on, maybe a jack of all trades and a master on none but I appreciate the comments.

Yeah good point that I will do now.

Image 1: Xerr's new coat using Return To The Enchanted Forest and Garibaldi Hair plug-in for Daz Studio

Image 2: Vue render using some plants from The Enchanted Forest

Tunnel.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    Xerr_Furred.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    LOL Please don't read more to my blunt remark than just what it said yes I should have spent time on making it sounds better, my bad. Punish me as you see fit in public. :) I wish I had more time as I did promise Stefan I would render more of his products and I do intend to.

I think my bluntness came from the frustrated artist within not getting my fix. :)

Oh Master...steady on, maybe a jack of all trades and a master on none but I appreciate the comments.

Yeah good point that I will do now.

Image 1: Xerr's new coat using Return To The Enchanted Forest and Garibaldi Hair plug-in for Daz Studio

Image 2: Vue render using some plants from The Enchanted Forest

Nothing wrong with your tone at all, Pete! I was rather indirectly re-addressing the brashness of my original post, admittedly a bit inciteful (though not to start trouble, just trying to light a little fire under this thread). Thanks for posting these! Outstanding! I can't believe how terrific Xerr looks in fur! That pic alone had more than a little to do with me snatching up the Garibaldi hair system just the other day (on sale half price)! ;-)

edited December 1969

All good here.

I have been saying that garibaldi hair is worth the price thinking it was about $20.00...I am glad I have it but LAMH seems a better deal at full price.

edited March 2014
    RoboSpider.jpg
    1039 x 1450 - 495K
    Post edited by Szark on
    edited March 2014

Szark said:
    All good here.

I have been saying that garibaldi hair is worth the price thinking it was about $20.00...I am glad I have it but LAMH seems a better deal at full price.

Sooo ya steered me in the wrong direction eh, Pete? :lol: Oh well, I guess I only got ripped off for 2.48 cents. :-) Keep this up and I'll start pestering ya for advice before I make purchases! :lol:

Robo Spider
    Background Cryo Environment

I always did love that robospider model ...and I love what you've done with it as well! You make that creepy little bugger look quite beautiful and Stefan's set compliments it nicely. Really clever with the fine chain web strand too. Excellent!!!

edited December 1969

LOL I didn't mean to honest but if all you want is Hair then Garibaldi is a nice piece of kit.

Thanks if you want to know more on how it did RoboSpider check out my render thread.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    LOL I didn't mean to honest but if all you want is Hair then Garibaldi is a nice piece of kit.

Thanks if you want to know more on how it did RoboSpider check out my render thread.

lol No, I'm purely teasing. :-) ...although now I'm seeing Rawn and others including LAMH presets with their material, I wonder if I made the best choice but no matter, this will be a good starting point for me.

Thanks! I checked out the thread, fascinating! Heck I had no idea I could set my own material zones in DS (although it feels like I'm really just starting to explore, been doing this a while but I'd only learned how to convert models to conforming clothes, figure rigging and other neat tricks in the past few months). I appreciate you sharing all these tips and tricks! I'm definitely going to have to spend a bit of time really going through your thread. Sign me up at the Szark School of DS Magic, sensei! :cheese:

edited December 1969

LOL Szark School of DS Magic Funny. Leroy figure rigging cool, you might be surprised on how little I know, rigging never done it and wouldn't know where to start, convert to conforming clothing, forget it. The is the thing with me I just want to make images. I did have an illusion I could model for sale but I don't enjoy it enough, I like modelling for myself though.

As for Garibaldi I will stand by what I said. For hair and fur it is an easy piece of kit to use, even easier if you learn a few tricks which I can help with when I get some time.

edited March 2014

Szark said:
    LOL Szark School of DS Magic Funny. Leroy figure rigging cool, you might be surprised on how little I know, rigging never done it and wouldn't know where to start, convert to conforming clothing, forget it. The is the thing with me I just want to make images. I did have an illusion I could model for sale but I don't enjoy it enough, I like modelling for myself though.

As for Garibaldi I will stand by what I said. For hair and fur it is an easy piece of kit to use, even easier if you learn a few tricks which I can help with when I get some time.

Well, in the end, it is all about that ability to make images, I think. Thanks for this thread. Think I'm a bit beyond basic but these are some of the areas I need to work on. Much to learn! :-) (*Just read uber area lighting basics... this is going to represent a significant improvement already to my work! Much appreciated lesson!) ...wait, did I just say I was beyond basics? :-? SO much stuff I just learned from you... can't wait to test it out!

Yeah, I need to get going with that hair too! Would certainly appreciate any tricks you might share there too! Thanks again! *Been playing with hair but my attempts to give kitty fur left her looking like a Pekingese at first, though I've improved it to more of a hamster fur now. :)

Never attempted to sell any yet, I'd built my own simple props here and there for a while but I'm just starting to learn the clothing thing too! As to building my stuff, I do a little modeling, nothing fancy, just hexagon. In my last couple posts here (#129) Wonder Woman is wearing a V4 bodysuit. I built the rest of her outfit and props. On the Kung-Fu one (#130 ), I made all the karate gi's and belts. gi's turned dynamic in my old Poser 6 (non-pro) then exported back to DS.

Just to kind of continue the thread and discussion, here' was my 2nd attempt at Dynamic clothes (1st was just sleeves) on Question's overcoat and pants (P6 again) made in Hexagon as well as facemask. Stonemason's Back Alley 2K9 set here. Did this back in Nov.

question.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 293K
  • SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

Here's a gallery image I did with two Stonemason products! Sci Fi Corridor 2013 and Sci Fi Consoles 2013

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/15255

edited March 2014

Cool pic, Supercope. Looks like there's going to be a web comic to follow. :)

Here's another I did last year based on an old 70's DC comic character called Manhunter using Stonemason's Village Courtyard.

manhunter.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 1M
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Now the PC week is over I just wanted to thank Stonemason for this wonderful set...

PC-Weekly-320.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    edited March 2014

Jaderail said:
    Now the PC week is over I just wanted to thank Stonemason for this wonderful set...

Yeah, I was looking at this one during his sale myself. Seeing the excellent job you've done with it makes me regret not having gotten it but I did pick up a couple others. Really terrific work on this!

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited March 2014

Greetings,

Jaderail said:

Yeah, I was looking at this one during his sale myself. Seeing the excellent job you've done with it makes me regret not having gotten it but I did pick up a couple others. Really terrific work on this!If you get the chance during a 'catch-up' sale, I highly recommend it. I love SM's stuff in general, but the UF4 set is my absolute favorite for a near-future-ish feel. It's just neutral enough to be not-quite-now, but 20 minutes into the future.

I used it mainly in a slightly-too-dark 'Night on the Town' scene I did a while back, but I keep wanting to go back, add more people to it, improve the lighting a bit, etc., etc., because it's such an awesome setting. (If you click through, don't bother with the primary image, just download it to see it in its full, not quite well lit enough, glory.)

At this point I own all four levels of the Urban Future sets (picked up gradually, over time) but I like UF4 the best.

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

Here's one using the old Regenerator model from the PC. It was done some time ago, back when I was still using DS3.

Restore.jpg
    536 x 937 - 113K