Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 5

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I just won 3rd palce with this render, in the Members Only forum monthly render challenge.

Autumn Sunshine

Wow! that's a great render... love it. :)

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Beautiful chohole!! congratulations

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I just won 3rd palce with this render, in the Members Only forum monthly render challenge.

Autumn Sunshine

Congratulations! That is a great render!

edited December 1969

Albert is almost home................

albert_almost_home7.jpg
    1351 x 674 - 601K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited December 1969

@Dave - oh, Peter got an air parcel.

@Trish - the Albert theme is going to become a greate episode.

@fencepost52 - great shape and nicely presented.

chohole said:
    Oh and BTW I discovered that if you actually enter Bryce as a tag, as well as putting it in the software used part of a gallery upload screen, it leaves a clickable tag (hyperlink). Anyone clicking on the tag gets taken to a gallery with all the images that have the Bryce tag done that way.

In fact, it unnerved me that it wouldn't appear as link and I discovered that you could do it and how. So I went over my whole gallery and edited that part.

@David - looks great, has an underwater touch to it.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Autumn Sunshine

Well done Pam, and also thanks for the tip about the tags in the galleries! The long awaited galleries. Best get filling them up with Bryce images...

• franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo
    Thanks for the reminder about Bryce5.com – I keep on forgetting about that site, there's so little movement there. But there are some lovely textures/mats there, nice new ones too I see. Got the Hexagon flooring – brilliant. It's really nice.

I wasn't too sure about the 'armoured ball' shape but your renders of it give me a reason to revisit it. (especially the blue one)

@bullit35744
    I love your 'Albert' he's wonderful – will you be rigging him? I'd love to learn how to do that, I have a dog I'd like to animate, but he needs rigging.
    What Program did you create Albert in?

@mermaid010
    Thanks. You are going for a difficult thing to achieve in Bryce – grass. I look forward to seeing how you get on with it, I never had much luck with either grass or trees. Or perhaps I just wasn't interested enough to persist with it sufficiently. So good luck with it.

@Horo.
    Wow, you sure said a lot there.
    Um... to begin with, yes, that's where I found the image that I thought looked a bit like 'treppenhalle' – the p00055 file. I didn't know it was 'toned down' and I don't really understand what that means, even after watching 3 of your videos on the subject. The ones on how to make an HDRI in Bryce – and I still don't know how to do that.

It's all rather technical, and highly 'mathematical-ish' I'm afraid I just don't have a brain that can hold many numbers in it at any one moment. I pass out! Lol!

I was also rather stressed out at the time as I was worried about a demo I was due to give on Saturday – but I needn't have worried as it was a tremendous success!

Back to Bryce.
    I did try putting the image onto a large sphere, but not with much success I'm afraid, I also tried my parorama of the hall with the light wooden floor – (taken from a photo of our floor in the flat we used to live in.) which also didn't work wonderfully... (I'm glad you liked that floor – it took quite a bit of work to get it to tile nicely.)
    It's probably me not understanding what you need to do to get these things to work... sigh.

If you need the light or specularity from the HDRI, a LDRI saved as HDRI won’t give you the effect because there is not enough light in it. Neither will you get the colour saturation. If you want the HDRI to create some ambient light, a converted LDRI can work a charm.
    Yes, - yes I'd like to try that. Can I try it with my panoramic result of the minitut14 with the added mirrors? You were right about that, sorry I didn't say what I'd done.

Or does that need to be re-rendered without being a panorama?

If you don’t have our Spherical Mapper or the Scene Converter, you can render the six faces of a cube and assemble them in a graphics application to a vertical cross.

I don't have either of those. But yes, I almost grasped this part – I think. The six faces of the cube – I remember something about the cubes not matching, and then you adjusted something and they did...
    I'll take another look, when I'm less sleepy! Lol!

If you really want to fake an HDRI from this building, you have to render it several times changing the light intensities, than merge the individual renders to an HDRI and go from there.

Yes, I do, but that was the bit I had most trouble following.
    So you really do have to increase the lighting so that the scene is artificially over bright? Merging I also didn't follow.
    Yes I saw the videos and got the transcripts... sigh. I'll try again.

I like that second cube you did following David's new tut – the one with all the caustics.
    What are 'hyper gel' and 'hyper materials'?
    I've been rendering glass on a spotty tablecloth recently- but hesitated to post the images because of the awful caustics that Bryce gives you. That's all fencepost52's fault – he encouraged me.

@David
    Well yes, I would like to know how you made the dented cube – if you ever do figure it out, I won't die if you don't though. I had fun – frustrating fun, but still fun – trying to make one of those, so I'm still curious about it, although one or two of my attempts did have something I liked about them. The shapes of the models, not the renders.
    After doing your 'minitut14' that Horo is hosting, I found some odd pillars remaining – see image. I guess that's something to do with inaccurate mirror positioning on my part – is it?

BuildingInteriorPanorama4B.jpg
    800 x 300 - 144K
    edited December 1969

@franontheedge - toned down means an HDRI with a dynamic rande of several thousand to 1 made to a displayable low dynamic range image (LDRI) with a dynamic range of 256:1.

To wrap a picture around a sphere it needs to be in the spherical projection, resembling to a world map which also depicts what's on a sphere on a flat piece of paper. Once you have a picture in the spherical (or latitude/longitude, or equirectangular, or what names this projection is given), you have to use the Spherical mapping mode in Bryce (lower right button of the texture opens a drop down to select the mapping mode from).

You have probably rendered the inside of the building as a panorama in Bryce directly. This is not a spherical but a cylindrical panorama. It can be wrapped around a cylinder, using the Cylindrical mapping mode. Bryce cannot render a spherical panorama directly. In the Bryce main folder, there should be a folder named Content and in that one Tutorials and below it Horo. There are 4 different methods to get a spherical panorama. The easiest ones are Hemisphere and Cube. They also show methods how to fake an HDRI with Bryce renders.

To merge the individual renders to an HDRI, you need an additional program. If you have HDRShop, that's fine. Otherwise, Picturenaut is also free.

Hyper Gel is a lighting method derived from Obscure Gel Light and HDRI in TA Gel (there are videos from David for both methods) but doesn't use an HDRI. The gel is a high-contrast LDRI which is a bit tricky to create from an ordinary image.

A hyper texture is a Bryce texture that outputs values that are usually "impossible". There are many videos in which David explains how they can be set up in the DTE in 10 seconds. The harder part is where and how you can use such a texture in the Mat Lab because some of the controls start to work differently as usual. For David and me, this is currently an ongoing research.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have split my post, and all the answers, out into a new thread here.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/32534/

That way we can keep it all together, and it will be easy for Neil to find and pop in with his own comments.

edited November 2013

Along these lines?

Edit... oh there is a new thread. OK.

RJ_render2.jpg
    842 x 589 - 354K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo: I am thinking about a kids book with Albert....if I can come up with enough adventures...maybe....

Fran : I did not make Albert I bought him from 3d Universe...I don't even get what rigging means....stupid in that kind of deal....

Bacon...Alberts dog not listening to his master ramble on about his trip is more worried about digging a hole for his bone....So he missed the part about having a new room mate later on once the crab gets settled down from the trip........

albert_on_the_beach_w_bacon4.jpg
    1193 x 595 - 556K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments

Trish – your Albert renders are so cool – a children’s book -lovely idea.

Fencepost- the Sfx render is awesome. I love the shape too.

Chohole – Wow Well done Congrats.

David – thanks for the new tutorials

I tried Horo’s and David’s Canyon (http://www.bryce-tutorials.info/bryce-tutorials/canyon-terrains.html) and the Pencil sketch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfRzEydWRio&feature=youtu.be) tutorials. I couldn’t get the Haze and cloud effect, (not sure why). Anyway I reset the sky and like the effect I got for the last one.

canyonpencil2.jpg
    920 x 690 - 99K
    pencilsketch1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 55K
    pencilsketch-canyon.jpg
    920 x 690 - 90K
    canyon.jpg
    920 x 690 - 78K
    edited December 1969

mermaid: wow awesome....I like them all.....

edited December 1969

@Trish - a kids book, what a lovely idea. You're right on track with Albert.

@mermaid010 - the pencil sketches came out well. Difficult to help if you don't know why it didn't worked. Color Perspective settings, perhaps?

edited December 1969

In the interests of helping populate the gallery Bryce "Nuts and Bolts" - Looking around and setting up a DAZ 3D gallery - by David Brinnen

A short public information film.

gallery.jpg
    1067 x 913 - 343K
    edited December 1969

bigh said Mr. crab would be good with some garlic and butter....so I have him begging for his life here....LOL

Please_no.jpg
    1024 x 704 - 462K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited November 2013

Lol... He does look slightly worried there Trish. :-)

And heck, we're up to page 100 already... No doubt Part 6 of this thread is coming very shortly. :)

And on the Peter the Polar Front. The information i'm getting back from the greeting card companies as that they are already sorted for designs as far ahead as Christmas 2014. But they will be taking submissions for Spring (Easter/Valentines) 2015 in January... So with that in mind:

PeterHeart.jpg
    450 x 650 - 279K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited November 2013

Lol... He does look slightly worried there Trish. :-)

And heck, we're up to page 100 already... No doubt Part 6 of this thread is coming very shortly. :)

And on the Peter the Polar Front. The information i'm getting back from the greeting card companies as that they are already sorted for designs as far ahead as Christmas 2014. But they will be taking submissions for Spring (Easter/Valentines) 2015 in January... So with that in mind:

Just had myself a looksee at Peters Gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/715

Edit: Cool, the link works. Just testing stuff.

Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Yes we will all have to post links to our galleries, so people know where we are http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/83/

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988
    edited December 1969

Thanks Trish and Horo

Horo said:

@mermaid010 - the pencil sketches came out well. Difficult to help if you don't know why it didn't worked. Color Perspective settings, perhaps?

I don't think its the Color Perspective settings, I played with that. I'll post screenshots of my settings later.

Trish -is mr crab begging or ready to attack.

Dave - Peter's gallery is awesome, thanks David for posting the link.

edited December 1969
    Edit_sig1.jpg
    987 x 609 - 146K
    edited November 2013

@Trish - Mr. Crab fits nicely to Albert.

@Dave - ah Peter, another nice one.

Here's my Gallery link: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/678/. I laboured Saturday and Sunday to bring it up to speed.

EDIT: This may be the better link: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/542/.

I've watched David's Wings wideo with the scaffolding part. I smoothed both parts and got a 54 MB cube. Here it is close-up. Lit by reflection and IBL specularity only. There were AA-ing issues that didn't go away - regular render in 2 minutes, premium 256 rpp 2 hours and no difference. I resorted to render double in 7 minutes and scaled it down. Looks fine to me now.

CubeWin.jpg
    800 x 800 - 229K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

I like your header image Horo. Very well done.

edited December 1969

Thank you! It's an old one I had to do in two renders and stitch them like a panorama. Now I could just bolt a fisheye lens in front of the camera and I got everything. And I corrected a few things peers had complained about 4-1/2 years ago.

edited December 1969

Horo: nice job on your gallery....snow is beautiful!!! thanks

David:thank you for explaining about links.......I needed the help

Dave: that is great about Peter will they be for sale in the states????

mermaid: he is afraid....go to art forum and see....

Well looks like we made 100 pages again...........that didn't take long,,,LOL

edited December 1969

Yes. last image on this page or first image on the next page is the one will start the new thread. Best to start a thread with an image I think.

• DangerladDangerlad Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@David: I look forward to seeing your videos. I have not yet set up my own gallery and as is obvious I don't yet have a signature for my posts. One of the renders I've attached is based on your Plasma video with Cubic Scaffolding objects.

@Horo: You beat me to the punch, I have been working on making a Cubic Scaffold object in Wings3d and smoothing it. Oh well, as soon as I've finished rendering it I will post it.

As I stated above one of the renders is based on one of David's more recent videos dealing with a Plasma Fire effect. The next one is some other primitives made into Armored ball style objects (2 torses and a dodecahedron). The final render is work based on David's canyon video.

Canyon_and_Mountians2.jpg
    1400 x 700 - 729K
    Armored_Toruses_and_a_Dodecahedron.jpg
    1046 x 589 - 819K
    Armored_Cubic_Scaffolding_With_Plasma_fire.jpg
    1050 x 700 - 579K
    edited December 1969

Dangerlad said:
    @David: I look forward to seeing your videos. I have not yet set up my own gallery and as is obvious I don't yet have a signature for my posts. One of the renders I've attached is based on your Plasma video with Cubic Scaffolding objects.

@Horo: You beat me to the punch, I have been working on making a Cubic Scaffold object in Wings3d and smoothing it. Oh well, as soon as I've finished rendering it I will post it.

As I stated above one of the renders is based on one of David's more recent videos dealing with a Plasma Fire effect. The next one is some other primitives made into Armored ball style objects (2 torses and a dodecahedron). The final render is work based on David's canyon video.

Excellent! Get your gallery sorted, the more top notch Bryce stuff we can stick up there the better!

Here's the links again so you don't forget :p

Bryce "Nuts and Bolts" - Looking around and setting up a DAZ 3D gallery - by David Brinnen

Bryce "Nuts and Bolts" - Create a hyperlink for your DAZ 3D forum signature - by David Brinnen

edited December 1969

@Dangerlad - middle image, left cube looks really great. The others renders are all fine, too.

edited December 1969

ok here we go again how do I put my pictures in a certain order in the gallery it says drag them but I am having trouble doing that??? thanks Trish

This discussion has been closed.