Stop the render to make a change?

odasteinodastein Posts: 606

In some thread here, someone mentioned that he had to "stop the render to make a change". That made me wonder.

When I notice there's something to change in a scene I'm rendering and stop the render, after the change I restart it.

Does this mean that I could in fact stop a render, make a change in the scene and *resume* the render (rather than starting it anew) and the changes will be implemented?

Comments

• Iray allows a limited number of chnages to render settings, which can be made with the pop-out panel at the left edge of the render window. Changing the content will always require a restart I'm afraid.

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606

Iray allows a limited number of chnages to render settings, which can be made with the pop-out panel at the left edge of the render window. Changing the content will always require a restart I'm afraid.

Would have been too good. Thanks for your answer. 

Iray allows a limited number of chnages to render settings, which can be made with the pop-out panel at the left edge of the render window. Changing the content will always require a restart I'm afraid.

In fatc, today I tried to figure out what changes you could make to the settings, but couldn't find the  "pop-out panel at the left edge of the render window"  . I see nothing there. 

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 473

It looks like a small double line on the far left edge of the actual render window in 4.10+ I've attached a screenshot for you!

Opening Render Options.jpg
    639 x 942 - 227K
    edited August 2019

Elliandra said:

It looks like a small double line on the far left edge of the actual render window in 4.10+ I've attached a screenshot for you!

Thank you. I would never have found it...

Post edited by odastein on
  • ElliandraElliandra Posts: 473

Np glad to be of help! Were you able to do what you wanted in the window?