looking for an opera cape/cloak

gabugabu Posts: 303
edited December 1969 in The Commons

a full length cloak that hangs from the shoulders and can wrap around to the front and be fastened

for genesis preferably

unfortunately the genesis hooded cloak doesn't seem to wrap around to the front, it only falls from the shoulders to the rear, unless I haven't found the right movement morphs

thanks for any help

Comments

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

Did you try Wilmap's cloak on ShareCG?

• gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited December 1969

thanks for the pointer

but I went over the sharecg and looked at wilmap's gallery and there doesn't appear to be any cloaks in it

can you give me the sharecg url

thanks

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    thanks for the pointer

but I went over the sharecg and looked at wilmap's gallery and there doesn't appear to be any cloaks in it

thanks

I actually made a men's formal opera cloak, but it's not quite ready for release yet. I do want to submit it to the DAZ store eventually, but it needs a texture for the outer surface and some JCMs which I don't know how to do. It has forty five movement bones for the drapes in the cloak making it fully poseable, but it does have some clipping issues between the lining and the outer surface in certain poses (hence the need for JCMs).
    Buccaneer-test-(small).jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 320K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Only things I have on Share are the following, but I don't think they are quite what you are looking for.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/68958/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Hooded-Gown

http://www.sharecg.com/v/69764/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Victorian-Sleeveless-Cape

edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    thanks for the pointer

thanks

I actually made a men's formal opera cloak, but it's not quite ready for release yet. I do want to submit it to the DAZ store eventually, but it needs a texture for the outer surface and some JCMs which I don't know how to do. It has forty five movement bones for the drapes in the cloak making it fully poseable, but it does have some clipping issues between the lining and the outer surface in certain poses (hence the need for JCMs).

that looks like just what I want/need

all I can do is to encourage you to keep at it and hope it will appear in the store before too long

edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    luxgabu said:
    thanks for the pointer

thanks

all I can do is to encourage you to keep at it and hope it will appear in the store before too longI hope so too, but right now I'm at an impasse because I don't know how to make JCMs, FBMs textures from scratch (only modifying existing textures). For the lining and trim, I'm using the free World of Satin shader resource pack from ShareCG, but for the outer surfaces, all I have is a Velvet shader which is not a resource pack, so I can't use that in the final product. It needs an actual wool texture made with bump maps. What I really need is an existing PA to collaborate with to finish it. I've gotten it as far as I can on my own.

edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    luxgabu said:
    thanks for the pointer

thanks

all I can do is to encourage you to keep at it and hope it will appear in the store before too longI hope so too, but right now I'm at an impasse because I don't know how to make JCMs, FBMs textures from scratch (only modifying existing textures). For the lining and trim, I'm using the free World of Satin shader resource pack from ShareCG, but for the outer surfaces, all I have is a Velvet shader which is not a resource pack, so I can't use that in the final product. It needs an actual wool texture made with bump maps. What I really need is an existing PA to collaborate with to finish it. I've gotten it as far as I can on my own.

Well, I do hope that you can bring it to fruition before too long.

From my point of view what textures it comes equipped with 'out of the box' is not so much of importance. I would still be interested in it even if it was untextured. I have got quite a selection of cloth shaders to play with. For me the main thing would be that it has a lot of surfaces defined so I can easily apply the shaders. As well as lots of movement morphs of course.

edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    luxgabu said:
    luxgabu said:
    thanks for the pointer

thanks

all I can do is to encourage you to keep at it and hope it will appear in the store before too long

I hope so too, but right now I'm at an impasse because I don't know how to make JCMs, FBMs textures from scratch (only modifying existing textures). For the lining and trim, I'm using the free World of Satin shader resource pack from ShareCG, but for the outer surfaces, all I have is a Velvet shader which is not a resource pack, so I can't use that in the final product. It needs an actual wool texture made with bump maps. What I really need is an existing PA to collaborate with to finish it. I've gotten it as far as I can on my own.

Well, I do hope that you can bring it to fruition before too long.

From my point of view what textures it comes equipped with 'out of the box' is not so much of importance. I would still be interested in it even if it was untextured. I have got quite a selection of cloth shaders to play with. For me the main thing would be that it has a lot of surfaces defined so I can easily apply the shaders. As well as lots of movement morphs of course.It doesn't use morphs for movement. It uses bones, and lots of them. As I said, it has 45 bones for movement and posing. It also has five material zones, the outer shell, the inner lining, the capelet outer shell, and capelet inner lining, and the trim. The capelet has its own material zones so it can be turned on and off separately.