DAZ 4.6 crashing almost immediately on windows 8.1

Hey guys, I just reinstalled daz on my computer. last time I had daz I was using 4.5 on windows 7 and it worked mostly smoothly (except when I over-encumbered the rendering engine) . Now I am using 4.6 on windows 8.1. I used the install manager at all default settings for installation as well as installation of stock plugins like genesis etc. DAZ crashes as soon as I load a figure (not every figure but the ones that do load properly still crash within a minute of putzing around). At first it was generating error reports (I am attaching one) but after I uninstalled and reinstalled everything (daz+all plugins) it just closes without a trace. Any ideas? Is there some custom installation I should be doing? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

Crash dump ZIP- http://sdrv.ms/17q7zS2

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

It is your Intel integrated graphic chip, they are notorious for not properly supporting the OpenGL standard.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Are you running DS4.6 as Administrator? I am not sure how you do that in Win 8

You seem to be opening previously saved scene files, do you still have the associated data folder for these files?

• edited December 1969

I tried running as administrator, and its generating error reports again but still crashing- citing an access violation in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ig4icd64.dl.

I know the integrated graphics card is awful i am just confused why i was able to run 4.5 smoothly on the same machine just a few months ago.

I am opening standard presets that come with genesis starter essentials etc- usually the "barefoot dancer" although i think the crash report was generated for that dragon lol. i have yet to add any outside content at all because of the crashing errors, and i am not carrying over *anything* from my previous daz installation, i've lost all of that data. What do you mean by associated data folder?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

That's certainly a crash related to the video chipset. Windows 8 will not be using the same drivers as 7, as far as I know, so the difference is not surprising. Checking Intel or the system builder for updated drivers may help.