annoying problem I don't know what to do

ToobisToobis Posts: 932
edited December 1969 in The Commons

So I had this issue before and I had to do a re-installation of my system anyway so I thought I wait until I have a fresh copy of Daz 4.6 on here before I tried it again.

So I have it loaded up again but for some reason genesis just won't load up even after I've installed all I need to like the genesis starter essentials etc. I installed the runtime folders from them all to: /my documents/Daz3D/studio/my library/

This the same place I used to put them like in the previous Daz3 I used. I hope that is right if not then where do they go?

This below is what it comes up with. I don't get it what do I do? sorry to nag on about this problem.

Comments

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited November 2013

1. In DS, go to Edit - Preferences - Content Library - Content Directory Manager
    2. Click on triangles in front of DAZ an Poser formats to expand them. Path/locations listed is where DS looks for content.
    3. Either reinstall to locations listed or add your location (click on DAZ and Poser formats and Add) or edit (click on paths and than edit) paths listed to your current installation folder.
    4. Restart DS.

To add, if you did manual install, content folder from .zip files does not go into my library folder, but everything that is inside content folder goes to my library folder.

To add again, Genesis and Genesis 2 Females dont go into Runtime folder. Runtime is for Poser formats. They go into my library folder and you should find them in content library tab under DAZ Studio formats - My Library - People

Post edited by ben98120000 on
  • ToobisToobis Posts: 932
    edited December 1969

1. In DS, go to Edit - Preferences - Content Library - Content Directory Manager
    2. Click on triangles in front of DAZ an Poser formats to expand them. Path/locations listed is where DS looks for content.
    3. Either reinstall to locations listed or add your location (click on DAZ and Poser formats and Add) or edit (click on paths and than edit) paths listed to your current installation folder.
    4. Restart DS.

To add, if you did manual install, content folder from .zip files does not go into my library folder, but everything that is inside content folder goes to my library folder.

To add again, Genesis and Genesis 2 Females dont go into Runtime folder. Runtime is for Poser formats. They go into my library folder and you should find them in content library tab under DAZ Studio formats - My Library - People

I tried reinstalling to current locations (shown in pic) but was no good. I really don't understand what the hells going on sorry. Why is not working? it has the paths there that it should be following for Daz to find the right path but its not finding it?!?!?!???

uyhuyg.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 259K
    edited November 2013

You should have in your My library folder People with Genesis and Genesis 2 Female folders. Also inside my library folder should be data folder with DAZ 3D folder in which should be Genesis and Genesis 2 folders.

edited December 1969

You should have in your My library folder People with Genesis and Genesis 2 Female folders. Also inside my library folder should be data folder with DAZ 3D folder in which should be Genesis and Genesis 2 folders.

?!?!?! umm sorry no. All I got in my library is this (in pic) sorry I'm really confused.

ujhyggt.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 108K
    edited November 2013

Did you used DAZ install manager to install it or you installed it manually?
    What is inside Runtime folder on your picture?

edited December 1969

Did you used DAZ install manager to install it or you installed it manually?

manually. I just went to content then the runtime folder and put each one into DAZ3D/studio/my library

Am I basically doing it totally the wrong way? this used to be the usual file procedure but has it changed since Daz3 or?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The Runtime folder isn't enough, you need to have the Data folder as well at the very least.

edited November 2013

If manual .zip files have PoserCF in the name and have just content/runtime folders, those are wrong ones. They are not main ones, its just additional files for Poser. Download and install other ones (bigger ones, without PoserCF in the name) which have content folder and inside are data, People etc. folders. Put everything that is inside content folder (but not the content folder itself) from those ones into your my library folder.

Main Genesis .zip is around 410 MB and G2F one is around 368 MB.

edited December 1969

If manual .zip files have PoserCF in the name and have just content/runtime folders, those are wrong ones. They are not main ones, its just additional files for Poser. Download and install other ones (bigger ones, without PoserCF in the name) which have content folder and inside are data, People etc. folders. Put everything that is inside content folder (but not the content folder itself) from those ones into your my library folder.

Main Genesis .zip is around 410 MB and G2F one is around 368 MB.

K is this right what I am doing in the pic? am I putting all the files on the left in the right folder? the folder I am putting it from is genesis starter essentials NOT for poser. The path I am putting them into would be: documents/Daz3D/Studio/My Library. This right?

Is all this adding into the runtime folder stuff obsolete since the new version of Daz? I just wondering because I have always been used to doing that.

kjkjjhjhj.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 324K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As you have a Users/Public/My DAZ 3D Library, which is only created by the DIM installer why did you not just let DIM install the content? All my DS4.6 content has been installed by DIM into the DIM My DAZ 3D Library folder and I have zero errors with DS pointed only to it as the content path and my Start Scene in Pref's set to the My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis/Genesis.duf file.

edited December 1969

Well it works now. I was basically doing it wrong by not adding all the folders from content into my library. I was only adding runtime.

Thanks everyone I appreciate your help. :)

edited December 1969

Toobis said:

K is this right what I am doing in the pic? am I putting all the files on the left in the right folder? the folder I am putting it from is genesis starter essentials NOT for poser. The path I am putting them into would be: documents/Daz3D/Studio/My Library. This right?
    Yes.
    Is all this adding into the runtime folder stuff obsolete since the new version of Daz? I just wondering because I have always been used to doing that.

Yes, DS 4.0 introduced My Library as a main content folder. It still uses Runtime folder, but its not main one anymore, now it is inside My Library.

So, for example, if you download freebies from ShareCG or other sites, sometime zips will have My Library folder (content of which goes into your My Library), sometimes they will have Runtime folder as main one (contents of which goes into your My Library/Runtime folder). Official DAZ ones lately have content folder (contents of which goes into your My Library folder).