Finding poser directory

lapismobilelapismobile Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

New user. 4.6

In the previous version of Daz I could select my old poser runtime folder and then select those items from the content menu.

In this version, even though the content manager tells me that the poser runtime directory has been mapped, I am unable to see/select any of that content.

Please advise

Thank you

k

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,818
    edited December 1969

You need to use the Content Library pane, not Smart Content. Your Poser directories will appear there under Poser Formats.

• lapismobilelapismobile Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok, thank you, I've found that however now no 'smart content' shows on the left pane as it did before?

Under 'files' or 'all' nothing shows there and the tab in between them shows 'no selection' and is greyed out?

Is it possible to have the 'smart content' facility for the material that was installed as well as the 'content library' for older stuff or is it a case of one or the other?

Thanks

K

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You can set your tabs to be anyway you like, I have mine set like this for fast switching from one to the other...

Content-Tabs.png
    388 x 503 - 22K
    edited December 1969

OK, on my display there is no content on the left pane and is perhaps similar to this issue?;

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/31577/

One quirk I have found is that, having used the Daz installer and selecting 'default paths' (which screwed up a bit) I have found that the Daz 4 directory has been placed in an adjacent (and long deleted) user profile hence;

-----begin copy----
    Content directories

Daz Studio Formats

c:/Documents and settings/newuser/My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library
    c:/Documents and Settings/All Users.Windows/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library

Poser Formats

c:/datastore/poser_stuff

-----end copy----

'newuser' is my working profile
    'All Users.Windows' is not available as a user login although I can access the files
    datastore/poser_stuff contains my old P4 runtime.

Justto confirm - my 'Smart Content tab contains no files merely the tab 'All' with nothing underneath.

Windows XP 32bit

Hope you can help

K

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

One quirk I have found is that, having used the Daz installer and selecting ‘default paths’ (which screwed up a bit) I have found that the Daz 4 directory has been placed in an adjacent (and long deleted) user profile hence;

The default path that the DIM uses Is: C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library. If you used the DIM to install to the default path, then that is where all your content is, and that path needs to be listed as BOTH DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats. You can remove the other paths if there is no content in them.

Smart Content relies on the CMS (Content Management Server) running, the Content Library does not. It would be worthwhile to look and see if the content appears in the Content Library before worrying about the CMS. If you don't have the Content Library visible, then you will find it in Window > Tabs > Content Library, and it can be docked wherever is handiest for you.

Have a look in the DIM to see where the content was installed to, and enter that path in the Content Directory Manager for both formats.

edited December 1969

OK, thanks for that. There seems to be Daz3D folders (of various flavours) all over the place but I can access the content now and will do without the smart content tab (firewall issue preventing the CMS)

I haven't done this sort of modelling since Poser4 so there's a lot to get used to.

I have some other questions but will start new topics

Thanks again

K

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I'm glad to hear you can find your content now, and you can get started.

There is always plenty of help on this forum, so don't be a stranger.