Anyone know any store that sells characters blender?

jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello,
I wanted to know:
there shops characters blender?
Note: I already know the blendswap
but I wanted to find blender toons characters like this:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?250627-SSS-Study

Comments

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

Wow! Nobody?
    Wow, I see that it is difficult, even!
    is why I can not even find anything googling.

• daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited November 2013

Jorge, I'm not aware of any web site that sells content designed for Blender that is in any way comparable to what is available for DAZ Studio and Poser.

Post edited by daveleitz on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    edited December 1969

Different community, tool set and mentality. Most Blender work you will see is custom made since Blender is all about modeling. Seeing as it is a free app, I doubt commercial outlets would do much business because of the free mindset

edited December 1969

Jorge, I'm not aware of any web site that sells content designed for Blender that is in any way comparable to what is available for DAZ Studio and Poser.

Yeah ... I'm already loose, so look for the web without success.
    I created this topic because I thought ... there may be stores blender models, but I must be typing search terms wrong.

edited December 1969

Well .. I'm seeing that blender is so powerful as 3DS MAX, and others ... Although.
    But I'm seeing a chance to animate characters in blender in avi format, for example, and import the footage in poser and vue, and compose with characters poser / daz the scenes.
    the image below is a puppy that I downloaded from blendswap, he comes with some animation frames, then rendered in blender and imported the footage in PP2012.

cao5.jpg
    1000 x 620 - 180K
  • TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

Check this out:
    http://www.blender3d.org/e-shop/product_info_n.php?products_id=157
    ... and watch the promo-video.
    The characters look much like the characters used in the Animation-Mentor Courses, that I like so much. (they use Maya)

BlenderToons.jpg
    760 x 980 - 123K
    edited December 1969

tjeb said:
    Check this out:
    The characters look much like the characters used in the Animation-Mentor Courses, that I like so much. (they use Maya)

I had seen this page, but anyway thanks.
    it seems that there are selling books and dvds courses
    thank you

edited December 1969

tjeb said:
    Check this out:

thank you

I bought the Blender Animation Toolkit course on character animation. It is excellent. The Cookie Flexrig was designed to be used with the course. You can start character animation in Blender right away without having to design, model, and rig custom characters. The problem with beginners rigging their own custom characters is that most of the time they don't know how to animate and so their rigs are poorly designed. Also, not everyone wants to model and rig. Some people just want to 'act,' which is what good animation has always been about.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

tjeb said:
    Check this out:

thank you

I bought the Blender Animation Toolkit course on character animation. It is excellent. The Cookie Flexrig was designed to be used with the course. You can start character animation in Blender right away without having to design, model, and rig custom characters. The problem with beginners rigging their own custom characters is that most of the time they don't know how to animate and so their rigs are poorly designed. Also, not everyone wants to model and rig. Some people just want to 'act,' which is what good animation has always been about.

wow - just like people want to do with DS ;-)

edited December 1969

bigh said:

wow - just like people want to do with DS ;-)

Except posing in DAZ Studio is just so darn clumsy I cannot even imagine creating an animation from scratch with it. Changing facial expressions with parameter dials is so Poser 1.0. Pinning is not a proper substitute for IK/FK targets. If we had the option to build our own control rigs on top of the Genesis deformer bones, maybe that wouldn't be so bad. What Blender does is the same thing that industry standard applications like Maya and Max are doing: using control rigs, not posing body parts directly.

There's amazing potential in Genesis and all the content on DAZ3D, but it's being limited by the legacy of the Poser-style control system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bszk4QhWeqM

^^^ Animation Mentor for Maya. See the control rig? This is how the Major Animation Studios like Pixar and Dreamworks do things. They do it this way because it is much more productive for animators who have to create the illusion of life.

edited December 1969

But ... Sorry for the ignorance ... Is not it easier using bvh files motions?

edited December 1969

Motion capture may be fine for some animation. Even so, in a movie the motion capture is going to be refined by the CG animators. Also, how would you motion capture cartoon dogs like in the Pixar movie Up? How would you motion capture Horton the elephant and his trunk in the movie Horton Hears a Who? I could go on and on.

http://theanimationempire.blogspot.com/2008/05/what-brad-bird-pixar-thinks-of-motion.html

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

On top of that, motion capture files straight from the source need to be cleaned up and tweaked, plus you have to animate hands (not covered by 99% of the motion capture out there) and facial expressions / speech.

And then how would you "motion capture" a six legged dragon? A Tyrannosaurus Rex?

edited December 1969

Motion capture may be fine for some animation. Even so, in a movie the motion capture is going to be refined by the CG animators. Also, how would you motion capture cartoon dogs like in the Pixar movie Up? How would you motion capture Horton the elephant and his trunk in the movie Horton Hears a Who? I could go on and on.

http://theanimationempire.blogspot.com/2008/05/what-brad-bird-pixar-thinks-of-motion.html

Oh! This just teach me more stuff!
    thank you
    this is really important: the facial expressions, the eyes that say, or hide ...
    emotions conveyed by the eyes ...
    I saved the link that you posted for future reference.

edited December 1969

Well, I bought a BrekelKinectProFace, which performs facial catches, and applies them in characters poser / daz.
    Although ... Really the facial expression of a mo-cap, it will not for example, increase the size of the eye (eyeball) able to make a character go through a harmless and poor kitten, like the image below:

O-Gato-de-Botas.jpg
    800 x 500 - 73K
    edited December 1969

Valandar said:
    On top of that, motion capture files straight from the source need to be cleaned up and tweaked, plus you have to animate hands (not covered by 99% of the motion capture out there) and facial expressions / speech.

And then how would you "motion capture" a six legged dragon? A Tyrannosaurus Rex?

Oh , yes I know that motions of dinosaurs are keyframed motion , because otherwise , only with the time machine to go back a few thousand / million years ago leading all the motion capture equipment on board and put little marks on lizards ...
    I meant about using BVHs be easier in case , there are several stores / companies that do not produce films , but focus on the creation of motions , and live that offering their bvhs or fbx pz , keyframed or not ,
    then just import into your program , and do not spend days to create just a few frames .