Genesis 2 Female mesh resolution question

jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I loaded up Genesis 2 Female for probably the first time tonight, and I don't know if I'm going a little crazy or what.

I noticed that her elbows and shoulders and under breasts in particular, have that really "jagged" look, like we would get with V4 before applying subd to her.

In the parameters tab, Gen2F loads with "base resolution" as default, and "sharp edges" as edge interpolation.

Genesis loads with "high resolution" as default and "sharp edges and corners" as edge interpolation.

Is this supposed to happen? Have I got a borked version of Genesis 2 Female or something? Do I have to change her to High Resolution every time I want to use her??

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I think the recent Update made G2F load default at Base Resolution. I noticed this myself since updating it the other day. Is a bit annoying, Hopefully they'll correct it soon.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

I thought I was going a bit nuts! LOL I just cannot understand WHY Gen2F would load at base resolution....it kinda defeats the whole purpose, doesn't it???

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

It seems to be just the Genesis 2 Female Base that does this - other characters load at High resolution. You can simple load, set the Resolution to High, and save a new Character Preset for use in future.

edited December 1969

It seems to be just the Genesis 2 Female Base that does this - other characters load at High resolution. You can simple load, set the Resolution to High, and save a new Character Preset for use in future.

But is this new, Richard? She loaded at high res before, didn't she? Do you think it's an oversight, or is this normal?

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2013

I believe she previously loaded at High resolution by default, just like Genesis 1. as all my saved scenes with G2F are set to High-resolution, and I don't recall manually activating the subD.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Weird.

• EleleElele Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Weird.

Maybe it has something to do with the hd morphs that came out a while ago?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

I suspect it's an error - and I have reported it.

edited December 1969

thanks Richard. Without the old mantis bug page, I don't know if anyone else had noticed it...and like I said, was unsure if it is supposed to be like that or what, especially as I only just loaded her up the other night to play seriously.